Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

19 minutes ago, Clt1900 said:

That is absolutely shocking. 3 times as many shots faced as taken! xG is atrocious too.

Not sure what this is doing in the Rodgers thread though.

Edited by ttfn

7 minutes ago, ttfn said:

That is absolutely shocking. 3 times as many shots faced as taken! xG is atrocious too.

Not sure what this is doing in the Rodgers thread though.

The biggest issue under Rodgers is that when we're bad, the whole side is normally abysmal. It's not just a few players having an off game so it's more of a holistic problem. The games against West Ham, Fulham & Everton at home last season were the best examples - for a team of talented players we looked like total strangers barely capable of mustering up a shot on target.

Occasionally (well every game this season) we can just look really rigid and toothless, almost as if Puel was still in charge, which makes me wonder how strict Rodgers is as a coach, is everything too dogmatic?

52 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The biggest issue under Rodgers is that when we're bad, the whole side is normally abysmal. It's not just a few players having an off game so it's more of a holistic problem. The games against West Ham, Fulham & Everton at home last season were the best examples - for a team of talented players we looked like total strangers barely capable of mustering up a shot on target.

Occasionally (well every game this season) we can just look really rigid and toothless, almost as if Puel was still in charge, which makes me wonder how strict Rodgers is as a coach, is everything too dogmatic?

.....I have said it before, it is like a malaise, when things are not going right, everyone is poor as opposed to one or two who many we could carry!!!

Sometimes I just think he (Rodgers) has come up with a plan for the game, and the players have not bought in to the plan, and if it is not working, you can see the big players looking to the bench and players having a go at each other on the pitch.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2021 at 10:27, filbertway said:

On the plus side, when I nail my colours to mast publicly, I usually get made to look like a jabroni, so if we now go on a game of smashing teams to pieces playing total football, you're all welcome

+1 for the use of jabroni - a welcome return to this perfect word 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Do you get more point for having more shots, having last shot against you?

Points mean prizes, not shots.

If you are creating chances you have a better chance of winning, if you face fewer shots you will have a better chance of winning. We can’t continue in the same vein we have started the season and expect to be near top 6. 

16 minutes ago, Clt1900 said:

More shots equal a higher chance of goals.

But doesn't guarantee more goals.

12 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

If you are creating chances you have a better chance of winning, if you face fewer shots you will have a better chance of winning. We can’t continue in the same vein we have started the season and expect to be near top 6. 

You have to take in to consideration we have played Man City and then West Ham for 70 minutes with 10 men!

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Do you get more point for having more shots, having last shot against you?

Points mean prizes, not shots.

Sounds like a conversation I had in 2016. I was working next to a Spurs fan who kept complaining about how little possession we had, which meant we were a poor side. I had to explain that the aim in football was to score more goals than the opposition. :D

Although, we are not doing as well at that in the first 4 games this season. :(

Edited by Merchant_Banker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

But doesn't guarantee more goals.

You have to take in to consideration we have played Man City and then West Ham for 70 minutes with 10 men!

We also have to take into account the dreadful team selection and tactics against at least one of those. We'd had two warnings not to repeat it.

9 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

They subbed almost half there team while we sat on the bench with the little blue folder showing our players how to play football

Huh? We both made the same amount of subs and made 2 of them at half time? 

I've always said his subs confuse me and last night this was more than ever.

Perez off when having one of his better games? To put Daka right midfield. And then I think he brought Maddison on because he knew he messed up, but I didn't get that sub either.

Bigger problem for me currently though is how many shots we seem to let the opposition have. 

I think he is guilty of over thinking things. He doesn't do the obvious sometimes and is reluctant to make changes.  Saying that it is tough when you have so many out of form and key players injured but he made some great signings so rotate and play them.  

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Perez off when having one of his better games? To put Daka right midfield.

Daka was playing right midfield from around 30 minutes, and carried on in that position all second half. I still don't understand why, as it also meant Iheanacho became the lone striker which he's never been good at.

• Like 2

We're not playing well but I have absolute faith in Brendan, he'll get it right sooner rather than later. I think he's trying things to get the balance right and compensate for our defensive injuries. I find talk of the players 'not playing for Brendan' absolutely laughable.

Still find it amazing, despite his success here, how many fans seem to want him to fail. Bizarre 

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 3