Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Fair enough, if your timeframe is since 2008 then BR would be in the top 3. 

In my time since 70s:

Ranieri

Pearson 1

MON

Pearson 2

Rodgers

I admire you keep sticking up for him, but his time is over, he’s now a liability and not an asset

There's an argument for Brian Little as well.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Those questions mean less and less the longer our quite clear regression has occurred though. The first 2.5 years here he was exceptional and that's even including x 2 slumps at the back end of 2 seasons where we sadly missed out on top 4 from incredible positions.

We are now nearly at 20 points thrown away from winning positions in the last 10 mins of games in less than a year, that's diabolical and not sustainable for a team who's mandate from both owner and manager that we will challenge for Europe (top 7). 

He isn't helped by being stuck with this squad, where his methods are becoming less and less effective with the group. Its understandable, he's been here over 3.5 years and it's why he thinks we need a rebuild. However without it, we have a squad who know he wants big change and can't get it and that for whatever reason they no longer get those marginal gains that teams with momentum, confidence and swagger have which we had plenty of for long stretches under him to start with.

Unless we can magic up the wriggle room to change up this squad, we are treading water with him. Maybe he turns it around and delivers top 7 or maybe that is actually too difficult and shouldn't be expected of him which makes his job now an impossible task.

I think we're in needing a new manager territory because or the restrictions we have, we still have a decent squad but we need a fresh shot in the arm and I'm not sure he can do it now. He looks like he needs a new challenge himself too.

Thoroughly agree. What has concerned me with BR post his goldilocks period at the club has been his unnerving predictability in match day squads selections and formations. Amartey instead of cags is beyond me especially as he's more adept at a back 3/5 transitional play and prefers playing on the right side as he does nationally.

Reading the comments after todays lost 2 points it looks like the tide really has turned amongst fans. 
I know it's game 1 of the season, but his excuses and the teams implosion has been going on for a season and a quarter and is now seemingly continuing into this one. It really is mindblowing that we got top 8 last season when this is the sort of rubbish we offered up week in week out bar a couple of short purple patches. Last season was such a weak premier league bar the top 2. 

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

And is that on him or the fans? I’d say it’s the latter. If people can’t appreciate the job he’s done here then that’s on them. What more could you have realistically asked for before he joined the club? 

Can you not see that we are regressing under his leadership? I'm sure there isn't a single Leicester fan that doesn't appreciate all the good he did in his first two and a half seasons, but since we won the FA Cup we have been gash. Are we supposed to just let Rodgers stay as manager until he wants because he was good for us a couple of seasons ago? Where's the progress? All he has done as far as I can tell is achieve what the team he inherited was capable of. Those two seasons we finished 5th was around about where we should've been finishing, but the more we have been moulded into Rodgers' version of Leicester, the worse we have gotten. He's taken a team that was two or three great signings away from being a Champions League team, and turned us into a side that looks incapable of even qualifying for Europe. I can see why a lot of Leicester fans see that as a sackable offence to be honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SamGLCFC said:

image.thumb.png.22177d8257982bfc80a94afcbb4e33c7.png

Big gaping hole in left midfield after KDH was subbed off, what a shock

Someone else surely needs to take the initiative to go out and close him down. Not rocket science. 

• Like 1

It’s been said multiple times in here, but his substitution was a horrible decision. Taking off the work horse in the middle of the park and dropping an attacking midfielder in there with an ineffective Daka up top.

It was crying out for a Praet, Soumare or Mendy to come on, and bring some fresh legs into the middle of the park.

Really poor decision making from the gaffer today who has to take his fair share of the blame for us throwing away the 3pts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

There is no defending it today, it was a disasterclass in game management from him.

I stand by my opinions from last season, we should have made a change in the summer, it’s just not working here anymore. His ego and stubbornness will not allow him to change. All he has now is absolutely mind boggling spin in the press to justify our decline.

I think it’s going to be a long season.

The worry is that our best players know this and will probably want to move to bigger clubs before Brendan eventually goes

59 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Rogers got an even better contract as Arsenal were sniffing and I think it's fair to say most of us were happy with that at the time. Also those suggesting Potter or Gerard, we still finished above their teams despite being shite most of the season. Still he is marmite, baffles me with left field tactics and subs and team selections! I really don't know what the answer is.

I'm sure we'd all say we wanted him to stay at that point.  But you can't give a PL manager a contract that makes him unsackable - which is apparently what the club did.  That's REALLY poor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s really annoying as we were so in control. No excuse for not winning that, and had we won then that first win would’ve been massive for us and set the tempo for the season. 

Exactly this. I rarely ever feel comfortable watching us under Rodgers but today we was cruising. I'd love to know what goes through his head when the games in play! Does he forget he's the manager? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s certainly awkward. It’s like staying with your ex even though she’s cheated on you. 

Playing Tielemans for 90 mins and subbing KDH is like buying her new bf a pint in front of your new GF, and not even getting your new GF a tap water.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

If any of this is true, things are going to get extremely toxic with the match going fans and Brendan over the coming season as this would be him throwing the club under the bus on purpose. For his own sake it would be better if he were simply incompetent. 

Things were starting to become toxic at the back end of last season mate.

That spell between Newcastle away and Everton at home was incredibly toxic, before that a good number of fans wanted him gone, but that spell made many fans think along the lines of “Surely this can’t continue”. We were extremely fortunate that we had Norwich, Watford and Southampton in three of our last four games, Rodgers & the team produced a Houdini act during that four game spell including a draw at Stamford Bridge. 

The shackles were off during that four game spell, we played two relegated teams and a poor Southampton team, those performances got us finishing 8th, but on the whole, our season was very bang average. 

Now over the course of this summer, Brendan’s ego has come to the fore again. His classic deflection of blame elsewhere, as I said in another post, it’s his key habit, something he’s done throughout his career.

His message of a refresh was clear, he probably thought he’d get his refresh, he hasn’t, now he goes out making points about not getting one.

There’s a number of players he doesn’t want at this football club, that’s clear as day or he wouldn’t have mentioned about a refresh last season.

We have ten players out of contract in 2023, he probably thought 7-8 of them would be out the door by now, that’s not even including players like Vestergaard, Praet & Soumare. 

We’ve seen him be mindful in his wording regarding “Won’t go to war with the club” and “I’ll keep working with the players I have”. 

But there’s bound to be some frustration there, he has numerous players he clearly doesn’t want, he’ll make his point regarding those players in his game management and team selections, in the hope that the club can finally shift them on. 

If they can’t, then the negative & naive mindset must change, otherwise things will quickly become toxic again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rodgers’ insane, points-costing game management today deserves an absolute roasting from the media.

If he were a ‘Big 6’ manager, that’s exactly what he would get.

As it’s only Leicester, though, it will get ignored and they’ll just tell us we should be grateful to have him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Things were starting to become toxic at the back end of last season mate.

That spell between Newcastle away and Everton at home was incredibly toxic, before that a good number of fans wanted him gone, but that spell made many fans think along the lines of “Surely this can’t continue”. We were extremely fortunate that we had Norwich, Watford and Southampton in three of our last four games, Rodgers & the team produced a Houdini act during that four game spell including a draw at Stamford Bridge. 

The shackles were off during that four game spell, we played two relegated teams and a poor Southampton team, those performances got us finishing 8th, but on the whole, our season was very bang average. 

Now over the course of this summer, Brendan’s ego has come to the fore again. His classic deflection of blame elsewhere, as I said in another post, it’s his key habit, something he’s done throughout his career.

His message of a refresh was clear, he probably thought he’d get his refresh, he hasn’t, now he goes out making points about not getting one.

There’s a number of players he doesn’t want at this football club, that’s clear as day or he wouldn’t have mentioned about a refresh last season.

We have ten players out of contract in 2023, he probably thought 7-8 of them would be out the door by now, that’s not even including players like Vestergaard, Praet & Soumare. 

We’ve seen him be mindful in his wording regarding “Won’t go to war with the club” and “I’ll keep working with the players I have”. 

But there’s bound to be some frustration there, he has numerous players he clearly doesn’t want, he’ll make his point regarding those players in his game management and team selections, in the hope that the club can finally shift them on. 

If they can’t, then the negative & naive mindset must change, otherwise things will quickly become toxic again.

Booing is no good coz Rodgers thinks we are booing the players.

Can we just chant todger, todger, todger