Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I didn't see the game. I don't miss many, but I did miss this one. However I do notice looking at the league table we're ahead of United and Liverpool, so there's a small silver lining surely?

Seems from people's comments Rodgers made some errors which have cost us 2 points.

It wouldn't be the first time. 

Wonder how many Liverpool fans are calling for Klopp to go after losing to one of the favourites to get relegated?

We are only one game into the season...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

The more I think about today’s situation and who we had on the bench, it’s pretty clear to me that he’s trying to make a point about having no incomings.

Today’s bench was full with players he clearly doesn’t want.

Soyuncu - Brendan clearly got fed up of him at the back end of last season.

Iheanacho - Has dug Brendan out the shit numerous times, yet I don’t think Brendan has ever truly believed in him.

Perez - Brendan wants a new right winger plus Perez is out of contract next summer.

Mendy - Out of contract next summer.

Praet - Wants to stay, should stay, but wouldn’t be surprised if Brendan is still not keen on him.

To blame it on fatigue when you have four subs available is such a stupid comment.

He wanted a refresh, didn’t get his refresh, now is trying to prove a point by basically saying “Our squad depth is shit”.

...I thought he said he would not go to war with the club...!!!

• Like 1

Just now, foxfan92 said:

I didn't see the game. I don't miss many, but I did miss this one. However I do notice looking at the league table we're ahead of United and Liverpool, so there's a small silver lining surely?

Seems from people's comments Rodgers made some errors which have cost us 2 points.

It wouldn't be the first time. 

Wonder how many Liverpool fans are calling for Klopp to go after losing to one of the favourites to get relegated?

We are only one game into the season...

I mean I don't even know where to begin with this comment! :facepalm: lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

There's an argument for Brian Little as well.

There is, I was very close to including him. The FA cup win just shaded it for BR.

BL really turned this club around, I’m a massive fan

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Gerrard at Villa. He’s been average bordering on poor

Rodgers at City is 47% for comparison. 

Only just seen that it is our 2nd highest ever win rate, behind only Pearson (1st stint)

19 more games to get into the top 10 most games managed as well

Get the feeling that rate could drop a bit and he might not make that top 10 though

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Would you?

If it were me holding the purse strings, I would be looking at it in a way that there is no point buying players for him if he cannot get basic managerial decisions right, as for this game personnel wasnt the problem.

Edited by Chrysalis

17 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I mean I don't even know where to begin with this comment! :facepalm: lol

Why not?

Statistically Rodgers is still our most successful manager in the top flight in terms of games won, drawn or lost in our history (or at least the last 45 years or so that I can remember).

I don't always agree with what he does, heck I shout and scream as much as the next fan at some of the bizarre decisions we make.

But ... and it's a BIG BUT, we also enjoy a lot of success, go on runs where we look fantastic, and can play some entertaining football.

Yes there is the other side, where we play so awful football too, and Rodgers can be too negative, but you name one manager anywhere that hasn't made some very baffling decisions at times.

I really do think if Rodgers went we'd quickly see the grass isn't always greener. In fact, as I've said at the start of this post, it's never been this green before.

We won the league under Ranieri, but then looked relegation material the next season, if I remember correctly,  losing to Hull who couldn't name a full squad of senior players.

We've never finished bottom half under Rodgers. The last few seasons have actually been the best consecutive finishes we've ever had.

There is a lot more to football than statistics. I want to be entertained when I watch us.

But I don't want to act rashly and see how lucky we were to keep finishing top half of the league and more often than not get into Europe under Rodgers.

I'm not ready for that to change. And luckily for us, those whose future Rodger's tenure seems to rely on don't seem to be ready to pull the plug yet either.

I could be proven wrong at some point in the future, but for now, in Rodgers I trust, and I'm all for getting behind the team and beating Arsenal next week.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, taupe said:

Of course we are not entitled to win every game. Please don't suggest that's what's going on here. Not with everyone anyway. What happened today was not us being beaten by a better team (which I will always accept and readily concede), it was us being in total control of a game (and I mean TOTAL control) and being hauled in;  out thought/tacticed by the opposition manager. That's on BR  and nobody else.

To go blaming technical errors by fatigued players is just ducking the real issue (and how generous of him to forgive them!) Rodgers could have at least addressed half of that issue and helped out his tiring players. But no, he makes life harder for them and pulls a player out of the middle. He handed Brentford the advantage right then and there.

Vardy was more active on our front post than theirs. Whatever made BR think that adding Daka upfront whilst removing one of the supply lines was a good idea?

I'm p*ssed off sure but my main beef is Rodgers not holding up his hand.

If there were fatigued players, why did he not substitute them? The reality was it far more than that, the mans a complete inept  🤡 !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Why not?

Statistically Rodgers is still our most successful manager in the top flight in terms of games won, drawn or lost in our history (or at least the last 45 years or so that I can remember).

I don't always agree with what he does, heck I shout and scream as much as the next fan at some of the bizarre decisions we make.

But ... and it's a BIG BUT, we also enjoy a lot of success, go on runs where we look fantastic, and can play some entertaining football.

Yes there is the other side, where we play so awful football too, and Rodgers can be too negative, but you name one manager anywhere that hasn't made some very baffling decisions at times.

I really do think if Rodgers went we'd quickly see the grass isn't always greener. In fact, as I've said at the start of this post, it's never been this green before.

We won the league under Ranieri, but then looked relegation material the next season, if I remember correctly,  losing to Hull who couldn't name a full squad of senior players.

We've never finished bottom half under Rodgers. The last few seasons have actually been the best consecutive finishes we've ever had.

There is a lot more to football than statistics. I want to be entertained when I watch us.

But I don't want to act rashly and see how lucky we were to keep finishing top half of the league and more often than not get into Europe under Rodgers.

I'm not ready for that to change. And luckily for us, those whose future Rodger's tenure seems to rely on don't seem to be ready to pull the plug yet either.

I could be proven wrong at some point in the future, but for now, in Rodgers I trust, and I'm all for getting behind the team and beating Arsenal next week.

We arguably have the best squad we have ever had so hard to judge 

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Alot i'm gauging from opinions in the last few pages back up what I said a few weeks ago:

We've (The club) wrote this season off before it even began.

In that I mean they either backed Rodgers over the summer or sacked Rodgers at the end of last season - They did neither.

For that the club has to take some responsibility - The reasonings people give for either are fair enough, which leads me to worry about the club in general and leads me to the think we're in trouble, financial trouble.

I can imagine perhaps the club haven't got the money to back Rodgers and ideally they'd like to sack him but likewise haven't the money too, I can only hope they're making life difficult for Rodgers in hope he walks - It's no good for the club or Rodgers who's ego and desire to be amongst the 'elite' (lolz) managers simply won't stand for it therefore would need to get out.

...he will never walk away of his own accord, that is not an option!!!

• Sad 1