Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

So who in our history has actually been a better manager for us? 

Ranieri over one season? 

In my lifetime I can’t think of any others. 

Amazes me we’re one game in and people are calling for him to go. Absolutely mental. 

I think you clinging on to past success as if it means he has a get out of jail free card for life.  He doesnt get a clean sheet just because its a new season, do you really think its just one game?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Why not?

Statistically Rodgers is still our most successful manager in the top flight in terms of games won, drawn or lost in our history (or at least the last 45 years or so that I can remember).

I don't always agree with what he does, heck I shout and scream as much as the next fan at some of the bizarre decisions we make.

But ... and it's a BIG BUT, we also enjoy a lot of success, go on runs where we look fantastic, and can play some entertaining football.

Yes there is the other side, where we play so awful football too, and Rodgers can be too negative, but you name one manager anywhere that hasn't made some very baffling decisions at times.

I really do think if Rodgers went we'd quickly see the grass isn't always greener. In fact, as I've said at the start of this post, it's never been this green before.

We won the league under Ranieri, but then looked relegation material the next season, if I remember correctly,  losing to Hull who couldn't name a full squad of senior players.

We've never finished bottom half under Rodgers. The last few seasons have actually been the best consecutive finishes we've ever had.

There is a lot more to football than statistics. I want to be entertained when I watch us.

But I don't want to act rashly and see how lucky we were to keep finishing top half of the league and more often than not get into Europe under Rodgers.

I'm not ready for that to change. And luckily for us, those whose future Rodger's tenure seems to rely on don't seem to be ready to pull the plug yet either.

I could be proven wrong at some point in the future, but for now, in Rodgers I trust, and I'm all for getting behind the team and beating Arsenal next week.

Statistics are very deceiving. If Pearson, Ranieri,  Puel or even Shakespeare had had the riches Rodgers has had to play with, then perhaps they may be a bit more valid. For me the man is a complete muppet. I just hope our owners don't give him a bean in the transfer market so that he can harm us further. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he will never walk away of his own accord, that is not an option!!!

Whilst i'm clutching, I think it could be, if he can see its going south and the club turn the table chucking him under the bus, he might just try and spin it (No might about it, he already is) he's not being backed and being such an 'elite manager' he is, he cannot accept that, 'holding him back'.

As I say, i'm clutching, he wouldn't deny himself getting a decent pay out (And rightly or wrongly why should he).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I thought he said he would not go to war with the club...!!!

Clearly not in words, in the press.

But you have to question today's decision.

If he's chosen to do it like that he wants firing on the spot 

• Like 1

Did he only make one substitute out of a possible five to make a point that he's not got the players we wants because the club haven't signed them?  Seemed an odd tactical change because we were winning and bringing Daka on isn't going to give us control of the ball 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Why not?

Statistically Rodgers is still our most successful manager in the top flight in terms of games won, drawn or lost in our history (or at least the last 45 years or so that I can remember).

I don't always agree with what he does, heck I shout and scream as much as the next fan at some of the bizarre decisions we make.

But ... and it's a BIG BUT, we also enjoy a lot of success, go on runs where we look fantastic, and can play some entertaining football.

Yes there is the other side, where we play so awful football too, and Rodgers can be too negative, but you name one manager anywhere that hasn't made some very baffling decisions at times.

I really do think if Rodgers went we'd quickly see the grass isn't always greener. In fact, as I've said at the start of this post, it's never been this green before.

We won the league under Ranieri, but then looked relegation material the next season, if I remember correctly,  losing to Hull who couldn't name a full squad of senior players.

We've never finished bottom half under Rodgers. The last few seasons have actually been the best consecutive finishes we've ever had.

There is a lot more to football than statistics. I want to be entertained when I watch us.

But I don't want to act rashly and see how lucky we were to keep finishing top half of the league and more often than not get into Europe under Rodgers.

I'm not ready for that to change. And luckily for us, those whose future Rodger's tenure seems to rely on don't seem to be ready to pull the plug yet either.

I could be proven wrong at some point in the future, but for now, in Rodgers I trust, and I'm all for getting behind the team and beating Arsenal next week.

I can't say anything that hasn't been said in here a thousand times mate. I respect that you still back him though. It was more the comparison to Klopp losing a game after racking up 90+ points almost every season but I know it was slightly tongue in cheek on your behalf. 

For me I'm just sick of seeing the same game every week and his lack of personal accountability. He's done some great things here so I'm not discrediting him for any of that but for me his best is behind us now

13 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Why not?

Doesn’t that just amplify the frustration with some of his baffling decisions ??

not many were happy with the way we were set up today but we largely controlled the game and his tactics were working. Perhaps their goal just threw him - it came from nowhere.  And his response post 75 mins to the tactics that weren’t working was even more baffling by doing nothing.

it’s not the first time he has come up short when the opposition has completely changed their approach during a game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Today had a sense of Bolton in 01/02 about it.

Like the season was sorted on the very first day. 

I think that’s a slight over exaggeration, getting spanked 5-0 at home to a newly promoted team against been comfortable at 2-0 after an hour today and throwing it away. Entirely different and not even remotely comparable in my opinion, albeit was very frustrating today!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

If it were me holding the purse strings, I would be looking at it in a way that there is no point buying players for him if he cannot get basic managerial decisions right, as for this game personnel wasnt the problem.

We need the money for the next manager 

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

He was asked, very reasonably, if he felt that being up at Seagrave had made the players, soft,  for want of a better word, and disconnected them from the fanbase and outside world and his response was basically. No

The fans at the KP expected too much, that we were responsible for players making mistakes, that we jumped on players to quickly and should be more positive and supportive and the atmosphere around the ground was overly negative. Especially towards the likes of Luke Thomas when ever he made an error. 

Now you may agree or disagree with that. But this is the manager that when he got the job said the mandate was to upset the apple cart and disrupt the top 6. So who set the expectations and the man's paid what 10 million a year and has resorted to what looks like gamesmanship with the board.

I've heard today, fatigue 1 game in and not having options on the bench. What 5 of them are internationals.

I agree we probably do jump on players too quickly when they make mistakes, But that does not make us responsible for players making mistakes and it is not something a manager should be saying to the fans. The main reason the atmosphere has got more negative of recent is to do with our style of play changing and becoming boring and slow. It is also not helped by comments by the manager constantly trying to pick fights with the fans rather than trying to bring them onboard.

Guest nathan.

If he actually took responsibility for some of the performances.

His arrogance is unbelievable.

I can't fathom why Rodgers didn't put Praet on in place of Tielemans or Maddison, why come out say that Praet wants to stay, then say how well he's trained, but not bring him on during the match.  Maybe Praet although seemingly not trusted by Rodgers, has been told that he's wanted by the club.  It could just be a load of speculating bulls**t, but there seems to be something going on at the club, but we can't quite put our finger on it.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Missed the game.  Was travelling back from Skye (where there was a really good stream (www.itsactuallyanotherriver)).  We lost to two Amarteyisms.  I suspect Amartey is seen as the least bomb scarey of 3 cbs he would like to be rid of. 

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

And his response post 75 mins to the tactics that weren’t working was even more baffling by doing nothing.

it’s not the first time he has come up short when the opposition has completely changed their approach during a game. 

He only seems to make changes at half time other than that he just didn't know what hit him when the Brentford boss decided to make a wholesale change to his team.

Numerous times in the last couple of seasons Brendan just seems to become unstuck and doesn't know what to do to help the team get out of the s***

Think he was dumbfounded that they made 5subs!

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1