Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest nathan.
1 minute ago, Trelleh said:

The fact Amartey started over Cags today done it for me

It’s not really the line ups that kill me.

It’s his game management and substitutes that **** me off 

Just now, Product of 84 said:

At 2-0 I thought we'd go on and win by 3 or 4. I expected subs. 2-0 up bring on legs, players with something to prove because they didn't start. A chance to rest some legs ready for the tricky fixtures ahead. There was no need to adapt to the other team as we had two walls. 

My only thought is perhaps Brendan also thought we were going to go on and score a few and was hoping to get Daka in the goals. But once we conceded you bring Vardy off for a midfield player and go back to what was working. 

I've always supported Brendan on here. Yes he has flaws (and is stubborn) but so do most managers. But that today was ridiculous. My only issue is I don't see another manager, who would come, that I'd want. Therefore, I keep the faith.

For now.

Very well summed up. Pundits on the stream purring at us for long periods. Think even Osman said if Leicester need to quicken it up today, it’s there but there’s no need. Overthinking by BRod does us

• Thanks 1

The argument that Rodgers is one of our most successful managers is just not an argument. He’s done some great stuff here. However, what he is now doing isn’t at all good enough. We’ve had too many of these sorts of games to think we are in safe hands. At 2-0, we were coasting. To throw it away from there is criminal but it isn’t the first time. A little bit of pressure and these players are clueless how to manage it. 

Great job Brendan. However, we need a refresh please. 

• Like 3

Rodgers time at Leicester has to come to and end soon he doesn’t want to be here he clearly thinks he’s a level above! he’s a Tactical fraud, his transfer windows he’s had at the club are pretty awful he’s filled the club with bang average shite and no1 wants them! Just what he did at Liverpool and he took klopp ages to clear the shite out! At times today we were 5 at the back at home against Man City I could understand not Brentford! 2nil up completely fine and we do the same mistakes as last season again he hasn’t leant anything! Thomas frank 2 down he’s changing things barking orders and gets his reward Rodgers is writing down his Chinese order for later! I’m glad we haven’t signed anyone because we would end up with another Bertrand vesty or a Perez we can’t get rid of! 

• Like 1

I saw the three at the back and thought, well first game of the season, play it cautiously and we know fofana can come out and play, and he did, and it went well. Amartey in there for height to give us more confidence at set pieces, fine, but surely it was obvious to anyone in the heat, first game of the season some the players are going to be flagging and with 5 subs, why not put on Praet to run around and keep the midfield busy, but no, let's take offbthe busiest most energetic midfielder and bring on a forward to play upfront. 

Rodgers may not have cost us the first goal but he certainly cost us the second. Keeping Praet off the field of play today reminded me of when Pearson wouldn't play Albrighton when we all knew how good Albrighton was and how much we need him 14/15. Rodgers must have a problem with Praet, it can be the only explanation 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

One sub was a joke. No other word for it. Embarrassing.

Vardy, Maddison or Tielemans should have gone off

Will be suffering with injuries again if he continues with this crap. Gets the ability to sub 5 players and doesn’t bother. The man is a f**king idiot.

• Like 1

Rodgers is toxic.

He's lost the players & the fan base.

It's got to be a matter of time, he's basically making our owner look like a fool now taking home his pay packet for that fraudulent display - Again.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jet64 said:

Absolutely baffled at his decision not to bring on fresh legs to help track back and close them down. Seeing this just winds me up even more .. bored of throwing it all down the drain AGAIN 

75A0A873-75C2-45C6-B88E-A27C272FD1A4.thumb.jpeg.437e79ab2fdd1fce2c688338dbe82a87.jpeg

Any chance we could tempt him here as Rodgers replacement?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jet64 said:

Absolutely baffled at his decision not to bring on fresh legs to help track back and close them down. Seeing this just winds me up even more .. bored of throwing it all down the drain AGAIN 

75A0A873-75C2-45C6-B88E-A27C272FD1A4.thumb.jpeg.437e79ab2fdd1fce2c688338dbe82a87.jpeg

Bloke shouldnt get ahead of himself, he doesnt get to play a Brendan Rodgers team every week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I don't think I've ever hated anyone this much. Bit of fatigue? My dude, you had 4 more subs available to you...

Yeah Brentford was so tired after going two down it's a wonder we didn't put another two past them. How the hell do you get fatigued in the first game of the season? the man is going to turn out as bad as Taylor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

It was a baffling contribution by the manager today. 

I more or less got the line-up. I'm not sure Amartey as a left-sided CB is wise, not if there are alternatives. And the WBs were very, very advanced. I could see why people might consider it a negative selection or a peculiar shape (and no I wasn't surprised to see Vardy barely involved) but I could at least make sense of it.

Regarding subs: I understood the need for the extra man up top, I just felt that Ndidi was having a very poor game, and I wasn't sure that things were quite working out for Maddison either - so KDH was an odd choice. Perhaps the additional introduction of Praet or Mendy would have made sense, given the heat and the fresh legs Brentford brought on. Rodgers' inaction on that score was outright weird. I'll often defend Amartey, but he was looking so out of sorts that there was a fair argument to introduce Soyuncu. And bearing in mind Vardy's age, it might have been nice to see an Iheanacho-Daka partnership for a while, especially as the former seems to prefer playing with a strike partner.

I was surprised, when the second forward came on, to see the wing backs still so advanced. Coupled with how shoddy a job Wilf did of protecting the back line, it led to the CBs getting pulled all over the place. And the midfield was fragile and immobile after the substitution.

My point is - there were lots of problems presenting themselves as the game went on, and lots of possible solutions. The one thing you couldn't do was stand idly by and watch as it all unraveled. It's very disappointing to watch circumstances changing and shifting over the course of a game, and a manager looking so impotent in the face of unfolding events. I accept that the players need to look long and hard at themselves once again, but some managerial decisions today were bordering on brainless.

Yes, and it was all so obvious, all preventable which is so annoying 

9 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yeah Brentford was so tired after going two down it's a wonder we didn't put another two past them. How the hell do you get fatigued in the first game of the season? the man is going to turn out as bad as Taylor.

The worst part about that comment is that he used one substitute…..

Thats like going to an all you can eat buffet and just having a bread roll, leaving and then saying you’re hungry. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

If we can't afford to bring in players due to the wage budget, we deffo can't afford a new manager. What a mess.

We can't afford to pay him what we are either though. Not for the output he's producing. It's a bit of a mess really as like you say we can't afford to pay him off

I'm kinda Rodgers in.... only because I'm worried we'll get worse, but I'm so frustrated watching us play. At nil nil its pass pass pass pass then... oh no we've give it away followed by last ditch defending to get it back...... but when we're 2 goals ahead, surely that's the time to pass pass pass and keep it all tight behind.... I mean, we're not too bad on the break are we if they come on to us.