Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

It isn't even as though we had a load of kids and wasters in the bench. Albrighton, Mendy and Praet are all competent enough footballers, they can all run too. You don't even have to totally change formation either.

Baffling.

• Like 3

The manager has always been reluctant to

make early substitutions.

The only time I can recall him voluntarily making multiple subs early was one game towards the end of last season, when the crowd at the King Power were getting on the team's back and there was audible booing during the game.

He needs to change his mindset about substitutions and make better use of the resources at his disposal.

Amartey starting ahead of Soyuncu I don’t understand. Even less so, him starting on the left of the back 3. He’s so right footed you surely play him right side and Fofana left? Fofana can play anywhere, he’s top class as we know. 

Second half there was a lovely piece of play and I turned to my Dad and said ‘they’re really enjoying it out there. In total control’ 

The KDH sub was baffling- so fed up of Rodgers reacting to the opposition changing formation. He’s done this before. Why not just keep playing our game plan and kill the game off? 

Sad to say, but Toney is everything we’ve lacked for years now. His aerial threat, physicality, runs in the channels and of course, goal were the polar opposite of our front players. Sad to see Vardy like this. He’s too old now to do what we need a striker to do. Easy to mark, no pace, doesn’t run the channels. Daka was even worse. 

Positives were Maddison, Tielemans and KDH who I thought played some sublime stuff first half. Danny Ward did well too.

Not looking forward to Arsenal away!

• Like 2

I said in the Match  thread I couldn’t understand why we only made one substitution and the wrong one at that .KDH was one of our better players I thought Wilf looked rusty and Madders was just having an off day where nothing worked or the ball  just wouldn’t stick . Ok I get the point of bringing a striker on but Surely if you see it’s not working and you have 4 subs left you change things . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Amartey starting ahead of Soyuncu I don’t understand. Even less so, him starting on the left of the back 3. He’s so right footed you surely play him right side and Fofana left? Fofana can play anywhere, he’s top class as we know. 

Second half there was a lovely piece of play and I turned to my Dad and said ‘they’re really enjoying it out there. In total control’ 

The KDH sub was baffling- so fed up of Rodgers reacting to the opposition changing formation. He’s done this before. Why not just keep playing our game plan and kill the game off? 

Sad to say, but Toney is everything we’ve lacked for years now. His aerial threat, physicality, runs in the channels and of course, goal were the polar opposite of our front players. Sad to see Vardy like this. He’s too old now to do what we need a striker to do. Easy to mark, no pace, doesn’t run the channels. Daka was even worse. 

Positives were Maddison, Tielemans and KDH who I thought played some sublime stuff first half. Danny Ward did well too.

Not looking forward to Arsenal away!

Highlighted in bold, that’s what Brendan had instructed. Has done since he’s been here. Made him stay in the middle and not expend energy running wide

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

5A5B19BC-7848-427B-8F5A-6A748A642DD3.jpeg

It’s the standard reaction now with “but we played great in 2019.” Because there are no genuine defences for Rodgers inability to fix what are now very bad habits of his side. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Sad to see Vardy like this. He’s too old now to do what we need a striker to do. Easy to mark, no pace, doesn’t run the channels.

We can't just keep him playing 90mins in every game, he seems quite effective when used as a sub later on in matches.

Time for Nacho and Daka to step up and be used properly like Pep used Haaland today 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Scoobyrob said:

I'm kinda Rodgers in.... only because I'm worried we'll get worse, but I'm so frustrated watching us play. At nil nil its pass pass pass pass then... oh no we've give it away followed by last ditch defending to get it back...... but when we're 2 goals ahead, surely that's the time to pass pass pass and keep it all tight behind.... I mean, we're not too bad on the break are we if they come on to us.

I think today demonstrated we have the players if we can keep them, that game was there to be won, how many times did we hit the post? We completed twice as many successful passes as they did in the first half, it was obvious the players were going to tire with that heat, it was almost like a case of self sabotage it was that stupid.

He could have stretched the play simply by changing vardy for daka and wilf for praet asking youri and kdh to sit deeper, he could have brought soyuncu on, it's the oddest decision I can recall seeing 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Corky said:

It isn't even as though we had a load of kids and wasters in the bench. Albrighton, Mendy and Praet are all competent enough footballers, they can all run too. You don't even have to totally change formation either.

Baffling.

Mendy would’ve been perfect for that last 20. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I agree we probably do jump on players too quickly when they make mistakes, But that does not make us responsible for players making mistakes and it is not something a manager should be saying to the fans. The main reason the atmosphere has got more negative of recent is to do with our style of play changing and becoming boring and slow. It is also not helped by comments by the manager constantly trying to pick fights with the fans rather than trying to bring them onboard.

....also I am sure it doesn't help with him bawling individual players out and gesturing to them like crazy!!!

16 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Can't help but wonder if everything for Rodgers depends on Fofana joining Chelsea. 

It'd be both his best excuse for anything that may go wrong thereafter, and perhaps his only serious chance of bringing in much-needed new blood.

The problem is, given the transfer status of Soyuncu / Vestergard, the age of Evans and the question marks over Amartey, he'll almost certainly need a CB as well as an RW if Fofana left.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Martin O'Neal for me.. Promotion too the premier league and 2 league cups victories, (all of which I've had the privilege of witnessing live from the stands) but please take in consideration the most important factor, he did it without half the current budget, resources, quality of players etc. that Rodgers currently has or had at his disposal. 

And yes it is the first game in of the  season, but the sh*tshow we where treated to this afternoon isn't an isolated incident, we have seen it, along with the same old mistakes happen time and time again over the last 18 months,by this so called "elite manager". The guy is an arrogant, egotistical fraud, who is willing to say anything before and after games to shift the blame off his shoulders. The only thing world class about him is his ability to spin the rhetoric so he comes away smelling of roses l. And if you would care to take a look at the other posts in this thread I'm not alone in my thinking. Others have said similar in their own words. 

Have I quantified my answers enough for you, or am I to be added to the group of people you deem as Absolutely Mental? 

This ^ 👍

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it is not our lack of funds, it is the wages to Revenue that is our problem!!!

Didn't I kind of sat that? To get rid of Rodgers we'd need to pay his wages off, and then the wages of another manager, or would funding for that be different?