Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I'm hoping the club and Rodgers can come to a mutual agreement to call it quits. We don't have to pay him in full and he can say he wanted to leave as he felt he had achieved as much as he can with what is essentially a non league club.

• Like 1

Brendan Rodgers has taught us s valuable lesson.

Clubs like ours does have a glass ceiling and we've reached it, infact over reached it.

Do not try to over reach that glass ceiling by paying large salaries with long contracts to players and managers if you can't afford to pay them off.

I can see what he meant now about us over achieving.

How much would it cost us to sack Rodgers again? 

As fans we're fuming about throwing away two vital points today, particularly in the context of a promised refresh that never happened, speculation that some of our key players may be poached and a difficult set of upcoming fixtures to start the season.. I imagine that most of our players, both those run into the ground on a baking hot day and those frozen out on the bench are equally annoyed that the two points were squandered largely due to Rodgers' baffling coaching decisions. Worse still, this is nothing new, he's got form. I really think that Top must pull the trigger and remove Rodgers as, I fear, the more he delays the worse things are likely to get. 

54 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

That’s in a different formation though my good man. Not as a lone striker 

....the question was regarding Vardy being able to do the things that he used to, running the channels and closing down defenders!!!

Rodgers has changed his (Vardy's) approach to the game and stopped him from hunting the ball.

Just saying that he can still do the running, as that was how he and Nacho played when upfront together.

How is it that no one has the Honoré de Balzac to immediately turn that "fatigue" quote back on Brendan and ask why he wasted all his subs?  Any reporter worth a bucket of warm piss should have gone there reflexively.

I was completely sure he should leave last season, the club obviously disagree and I spent the summer hoping that I was simply wrong but today was just more of the same. No improvement from last season at all.

You can’t blame the lack of signings, points were dropped because of poor management. 

25 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

Jock Wallace, Brian Little, Martin O'Neill gave us an identity...Pearson for that matter too. Grit, determination, bottle. Didn't win FA Cup but gave us some great days. Ranieri ...identity too. 

I disagree with the notion that Rodgers has never had an identity here. The possession-based attacking football in the first half of 2019-20 felt like a blueprint and was outstanding at times. I'd argue it was probably the best I'd ever seen us play.

We've definitely lost that brand of football since then though. That Norwich draw which ended the run of games followed by the Liverpool thrashing on Boxing Day, I feel that changed him and we've never been the same team since. Yes we had a good run the following season too but without the pizzazz and confidence. 

Unrecognisable at the moment however sadly

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

The more I think on this, the more likely it seems that Rodgers intentionally bagged his subs in order to make a point.  He's certainly proved himself capable of baffling strategic choices on a weekly basis, but his dominant trait is his obstinance and massive ego.  And that fits with door #2.

If that's what happened, just consider what sort of man you have as your manager.  Think about those 2 points in the spring, if we're dangerously close to relegation.  Think about Maddion or Fofana getting seriously injured while fatigued, which is when most injuries happen.  Is that the manager you want making decisions for your most valuable resources?  And then consider if, just if, he somehow believes that using 1 sub on one of the hottest days of the year and that one sub being his best player coming off is the right thing to do, whether that's the manager you want making decisions for you.

I genuinely don't know which scenario I'd find more concerning. He's either incompetent or an untrustworthy bellend

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

How is it that no one has the Honoré de Balzac to immediately turn that "fatigue" quote back on Brendan and ask why he wasted all his subs?  Any reporter worth a bucket of warm piss should have gone there reflexively.

Is the full video available? Absolutely ridiculous if nobody followed up on that answer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It won't change. It's the same squad, the same coaching, the same bullshit coming from the head honcho already. Fatigue? 65 minutes into the season. For **** sake. Why does he make it so hard to get behind him?

We need a freshen up. Before anyone hits me with fickle, overreaction etc... not at all, I'm consistent and have been for months. It ain't gonna get better. You won't convince me otherwise.

Pegging isnt his thing perhaps lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

Highlighted in bold, that’s what Brendan had instructed. Has done since he’s been here. Made him stay in the middle and not expend energy running wide

Totally agree but is that really good enough for a side wanting to finish in the top 8/10? We get away with it even less when we have to play without genuine wide men like we did yesterday. Vardy is so isolated and easy to mark. Such a contrast to how Toney occupied our back 3 cbs. 

9 hours ago, Hales said:

Brendan makes it very hard for people to support him. I don't expect to win every game but he talks rubbish!

The players were fatigued - then you had 4 more changes you can make

"I spoke with Dennis and said how well he is doing " - you leave him on the bench again when Madders and Youri were clearly exhausted!

What is he thinking!!!!

Literally is it any wonder these players can’t be arsed to play for him, he talks absolute nonsense, they’ve given up listening to him and rightly so.