Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 hours ago, TK95 said:

I disagree with the notion that Rodgers has never had an identity here. The possession-based attacking football in the first half of 2019-20 felt like a blueprint and was outstanding at times. I'd argue it was probably the best I'd ever seen us play.

We've definitely lost that brand of football since then though. That Norwich draw which ended the run of games followed by the Liverpool thrashing on Boxing Day, I feel that changed him and we've never been the same team since. Yes we had a good run the following season too but without the pizzazz and confidence. 

Unrecognisable at the moment however sadly

Don’t disagree with this but Rodgers has managed 125 PL games here and that Norwich game was 99 PL games ago.

People are pining after a style of play that was in place for at most 20% of his spell as manager.

Edited by ttfn

As we currently stand, I would argue at this current stage we are by and large in a very similar position as to where we were under Puel. 

A manager deploying frustrating tactics, making strange selections and substitutions, a number of squad members not trusted to feature and seemingly not getting the best from arguably a strongest ever squad, the only difference I can see between Rodgers and Puel is Brendan hasnt been stupid enough to go to war with Janie Vardy and the cost to dispose of him makes it far more difficult. 

Following Rodgers interview on radio Leicester where he talked about a refresh of the culture and bringing the players back together and now the reintegration of players such as Praet etc I like many others fell for the spin, he even talked about the players coming back earlier for pre season so they were even fitter and sharper for this season, and yet here we are after game 1 with a lot of the above thrown back up in the air ……. The reintegration of the players on the periphery has been undone in the 2nd half of yesterday, they know for all tie media sound bites this is crap, he doesn’t trust them to come on for 30 minutes to see out a 2-0 lead.

Also the pre season work to be fitter and stronger is more hot air and piss as he is then claiming fatigue as being the cause of throwing away a two goal lead yesterday. 

I am glad I listened to the full interview as at the time I fell for the guff, much like many fans fell for the refresh/rebuild when he was trying to deflect the criticism and blame for the Forest debacle. 

Enough is enough for me, it’s not drawing at home to Brentford, I am not that entitled but it’s the nature of the result, the damage he is doing to the club with his decision making both from over playing players until they break or by freezing out players who are capable of making decent contributions to our goals. I now feel he is creating more damage than good and that a new man would galvanise this squad and give fresh impetus and I would have little doubt we could have still have a decent season without requiring major surgery to the squad but just a couple of clever additions. 

• Like 3

I hope the club is taking this time to be seriously looking for a proper replacement. Rodgers is treading water, biding his own time to go. He's flailing and, despite his outward ego, he's lost faith in himself here I reckon, but his default is to blame everyone else. The fact is we can't afford for him to tread water, you either sink or swim.

He's paid to manage and yesterday, as we saw on many occasions last season, he failed to do so when the need arose. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

As we currently stand, I would argue at this current stage we are by and large in a very similar position as to where we were under Puel. 

A manager deploying frustrating tactics, making strange selections and substitutions, a number of squad members not trusted to feature and seemingly not getting the best from arguably a strongest ever squad, the only difference I can see between Rodgers and Puel is Brendan hasnt been stupid enough to go to war with Janie Vardy and the cost to dispose of him makes it far more difficult. 

Following Rodgers interview on radio Leicester where he talked about a refresh of the culture and bringing the players back together and now the reintegration of players such as Praet etc I like many others fell for the spin, he even talked about the players coming back earlier for pre season so they were even fitter and sharper for this season, and yet here we are after game 1 with a lot of the above thrown back up in the air ……. The reintegration of the players on the periphery has been undone in the 2nd half of yesterday, they know for all tie media sound bites this is crap, he doesn’t trust them to come on for 30 minutes to see out a 2-0 lead.

Also the pre season work to be fitter and stronger is more hot air and piss as he is then claiming fatigue as being the cause of throwing away a two goal lead yesterday. 

I am glad I listened to the full interview as at the time I fell for the guff, much like many fans fell for the refresh/rebuild when he was trying to deflect the criticism and blame for the Forest debacle. 

Enough is enough for me, it’s not drawing at home to Brentford, I am not that entitled but it’s the nature of the result, the damage he is doing to the club with his decision making both from over playing players until they break or by freezing out players who are capable of making decent contributions to our goals. I now feel he is creating more damage than good and that a new man would galvanise this squad and give fresh impetus and I would have little doubt we could have still have a decent season without requiring major surgery to the squad but just a couple of clever additions. 

Rodgers deflects.   Rodgers did some good... but now we are left with his flaws.  It's over for him.  I hope tha Top is sorting out a replacement pdq before more of this crap.

I cant believe how many still say "give him a chance"

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

I'm still just as annoyed this morning about the fatigue. For him to say that and then do nothing about it was negligence.  He put those players at risk of injury.  Vardy was on his knees and needs to be managed to remain fit. Sub him for Daka. Wilf is just coming back from an injury.  Madders was also clearly shattered. He promised Dennis game time - sub him on for Madders or Wilf.....

The fact he left those players to struggle is inexcusable and if I was them I would be seriously asking what happened.  

He has experienced players with footballing brains who won't understand his decision making.  I hope they hold him to account and question him.  What is Chris Davies and the management team also doing? Do they not see it either......

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

Guest Col city fan
9 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

For both parties I imagine it seems a bit like staying with a girlfriend when you both know that the best times you’ll ever have together are in the past 

Good analogy

And to take it further, you know that something needs changing and that the only way to do it, is to do something about it 

👍

8 minutes ago, Hales said:

I'm still just as annoyed this morning about the fatigue. For him to say that and then do nothing about it was negligence.  He put those players at risk of injury.  Vardy was on his knees and needs to be managed to remain fit. Sub him for Daka. Wilf is just coming back from an injury.  Madders was also clearly shattered. He promised Dennis game time - sub him on for Madders or Wilf.....

The fact he left those players to struggle is inexcusable and if I was them I would be seriously asking what happened.  

He has experiences players with footballing brains who won't understand his decision making.  I hope they hold him to account and question him.  What is Chris Davies and the management team also doing? Do they not see it either......

He lies to dennis

25 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I hope the club is taking this time to be seriously looking for a proper replacement. Rodgers is treading water, biding his own time to go. He's flailing and, despite his outward ego, he's lost faith in himself here I reckon, but his default is to blame everyone else. The fact is we can't afford for him to tread water, you either sink or swim.

He's paid to manage and yesterday, as we saw on many occasions last season, he failed to do so when the need arose. 

They had the entire offseason to look for a replacement while some potential choices were being hired elsewhere.  If that were the issue why hamstring yourself by waiting until the season starts to make a change?

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

They had the entire offseason to look for a replacement while some potential choices were being hired elsewhere.  If that were the issue why hamstring yourself by waiting until the season starts to make a change?

Genuinely think Pochettino is there number one choice for Rodgers replacement he didn’t leave PSG till mid July 2022.

12 hours ago, foxfan92 said:

I didn't see the game. I don't miss many, but I did miss this one. However I do notice looking at the league table we're ahead of United and Liverpool, so there's a small silver lining surely?

Seems from people's comments Rodgers made some errors which have cost us 2 points.

It wouldn't be the first time. 

Wonder how many Liverpool fans are calling for Klopp to go after losing to one of the favourites to get relegated?

We are only one game into the season...

I take it you didn’t see the Liverpool game either😂

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

He lies to dennis

Absolutely, and that won't go down well with Youri and Timmy either. Dennis has a footballing brain, as does Youri, so maybe he has dared to question him in the past. To be honest I hope all of the players will be questioning him........

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Genuinely think Pochettino is there number one choice for Rodgers replacement he didn’t leave PSG till mid July 2022.

I doubt poch would be interested the longer Rodgers is here the job will become less appealing to big name managers.

Should of got rid last season 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I really don't want to believe that he didn't want Leicester to win so that he can say that he needs millions to spend to bring in players

I don't want to believe it either, not least because of the petulant immaturity of such an action, but neither do I think we can rule it out. He says he doesn't want to "go to war with the club" (why even use those terms? Why make it 'us and them'? Why see himself as outside the club structure?) but maybe this was exactly that; a shot across the bows. Like China, a show of strength in the Taiwan strait.

I've got to stop. I'm really starting to dislike the guy. I've been generally supportive or on the fence but I'm at tipping point now.

• Like 3

I’ve noticed that a lot of the pro Rodgers broadcasters were openly mocking and questioning his comments after the game yesterday about fatigue. The tide really is starting to turn in the mainstream too. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Pochettino lol the delusions are strong this morning

If he was given the same wage as Rodgers it would be more than he’s ever earned in his career. 

If the club had the money to back him in the market and pay him the same as Rodgers I think he’d be tempted but as things are we’ve got no chance. We’d be lucky to afford Pardew at this rate.