Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Rodgers, in his interview basically blaming everyone else except himself. The look on KDH's face after the final whistle summed it up really. Sorry to say this but Amartey isn't a Premier league defender why doesn't Rodgers see it.

Edited by Fazzer 7

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’d be very shocked if we pay a manager the same as what we currently are for a while.

I think if we did there would be a lot more performance related clauses to allow for an easier termination.

38 minutes ago, Dames said:

I’ve noticed that a lot of the pro Rodgers broadcasters were openly mocking and questioning his comments after the game yesterday about fatigue. The tide really is starting to turn in the mainstream too. 

I think anyone not giving it some criticism is facing a bit of delusion. Ironically that's how Rodgers was seen following the comments. 

It's just bewildering. 

Just now, StanSP said:

I think anyone not giving it some criticism is facing a bit of delusion. Ironically that's how Rodgers was seen following the comments. 

It's just bewildering. 

I know there are a lot of people down the rabbit hole with him and the support and loyalty is admirable but the post match comments yesterday were and are completely indefensible. 

Its at the point where you have to consider some of the conspiracy theories about him wanting to get the sack or playing games with the board just to get justification for the actions and comments. 

One thing that has been playing on my mind is his insistence in the post match interview that we were outstanding for the first 60 minutes. We played well and we were in control, but Brentford were also very happy to let us have the ball and try our luck from distance. It's very easy to pass the ball and maintain possession against a team that's happy to sit off, we very rarely caused too many issues from open play barring a couple of long range efforts and the Maddison diving header. Arsenal won't show us any respect while we try and play the ball around the back next week and we could pay dearly. Be ready for something along the lines of, I'm proud of the players they worked hard and tried to implement our gameplan against a very good team, we can be happy with our efforts.

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

I know there are a lot of people down the rabbit hole with him and the support and loyalty is admirable but the post match comments yesterday were and are completely indefensible. 

Its at the point where you have to consider some of the conspiracy theories about him wanting to get the sack or playing games with the board just to get justification for the actions and comments. 

I didn't want to believe it at first that he was holding back subs to prove a point but given the more than adequate choices of Iheanacho/Praet/Perez were available to freshen things up, I can't think of any other reason. 

He's playing with fire IF that is the genuine reason. Of course we will never actually know but just like any player isn't bigger than the club, the same goes for the manager. And if he wants to play games with the hierarchy, that then start to affect the on-field progress, then he won't win in any scenario. 

10 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Rodgers, in his interview basically blaming everyone else except himself. The look on KDH's face after the final whistle summed it up really. Sorry to say this but Amartey isn't a Premier league defender why doesn't Rodgers see it.

Tell me another top flight manager that comes out, after a draw/defeat, and blames himself.

His only sub was wrong, and lack of other subs was stupid, and his subs have always been my biggest criticism of Rodgers but the whole "he doesn't blame himself" is boring. It's rare for a manager, especially in the top flight, and say "this is my fault, that was my fault".

Pochettino aint gonna come to an average mid table PL side now. He did that with Southampton while he was building his reputation up. He made Spurs one of the best teams in the league, led them to a CL final, and has since managed PSG. I don't think a move to Leicester will happen.

That said, I find it funny people suggest him considering Spurs were always labelled "bottlers" and Rodgers has actually won a domestic trophy in his time in the PL.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

And you recon Poch signs that contract?

If he backs himself for 10 million pounds a year then certainly. He gets a good wedge and if he does well he goes to a bigger club and gets an even bigger packet.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I didn't want to believe it at first that he was holding back subs to prove a point but given the more than adequate choices of Iheanacho/Praet/Perez were available to freshen things up, I can't think of any other reason. 

He's playing with fire IF that is the genuine reason. Of course we will never actually know but just like any player isn't bigger than the club, the same goes for the manager. And if he wants to play games with the hierarchy, that then start to affect the on-field progress, then he won't win in any scenario. 

I don't want to believe it either but its also hard to believe he's actually that inept either. It seems at the minute as it was with last season that he's looking to salvage brand Rodgers, we've had Sherwood shooting off in the media about him wanting to walk if he gets no signings and thats the kind of media attention Rodgers thrives off and you can well believe he made no subs yesterday to make a point.

I think its backfired though because he's being openly mocked across the board for his comments on fatigue so i'm circling back around again to him just being inept. Its a hard one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I dont think it's that insidious personally. We've seen these strange substitutions from Rodgers before in the last few seasons even when he wasnt at odds with the board. It's more likely that Rodgers is just incompetent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I can't remember a less fit squad under any manager here and this bloke has the best facilities in the world at his disposal. 

Compare Fulham in the final stages of their game against Liverpool. 

Didn't all the players complain under Sousa that they came back for pre-season and didn't do the standard fitness drills.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

I’ve noticed that a lot of the pro Rodgers broadcasters were openly mocking and questioning his comments after the game yesterday about fatigue. The tide really is starting to turn in the mainstream too. 

Hope your right, where was this? 

Edited by DezFox

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Who do the Rodgers out brigade actually want? 

I don't see who we could attract. There's no stand out manager without a club right now so any new manager would have to already be in a job.

Ten Hag will be available in a few weeks

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tell me another top flight manager that comes out, after a draw/defeat, and blames himself.

His only sub was wrong, and lack of other subs was stupid, and his subs have always been my biggest criticism of Rodgers but the whole "he doesn't blame himself" is boring. It's rare for a manager, especially in the top flight, and say "this is my fault, that was my fault".

Roy Hodgson springs to mind, several times I’ve heard him say “in hindsight I could have probably gone 433 and swapped x for y” and explain the other options he was considering, Wenger being another that would explain his other options. You can tell I don’t listen to post match interviews very often with those two examples!!

You don’t have to say “it was my fault” to take responsibility though

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't see who we could attract. There's no stand out manager without a club right now so any new manager would have to already be in a job.

If we’d have got rid a year ago our pickings would’ve been better much better. Hence wanting rid of him back then. The writings been on the wall since September 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I can't remember a less fit squad under any manager here and this bloke has the best facilities in the world at his disposal. 

Compare Fulham in the final stages of their game against Liverpool. 

This is another very good point. When did the team last look fit for a full 90 minutes? His first season until covid they were quite fit but they haven't been since and there are no more excuses. 

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't understand why having the opinion that perhaps the manager needs to be changed requires a list of possible replacements.

I agree that it is a really bad time to be looking for a manager though, hence why I felt we should have made the change in the summer. I have a feeling that if it comes to it we'll wait until November, prior to the World Cup, when I think there will be a lot of managerial movement.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dames said:

It was the same excuse when we got rid of Puel - It doesn't wash. 

There needs to be fresh ideas and a fresh approach - literally anyone could implement them right now.

Puel wasn't anywhere near as good for us as Rodgers is. Puel had us in relegation form, Rodgers has only ever had us in mid table/European form.

Rodgers was a clear upgrade and he was willing to come to us. I don't see who there is now that is a clear upgrade on Rodgers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1