Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Who do the Rodgers out brigade actually want? 

I don't see who we could attract. There's no stand out manager without a club right now so any new manager would have to already be in a job.

Honestly I’m at a point where I dislike the bloke so much I don’t care!!

The club spend a lot of time researching alternatives and keeping tabs on players and managers. I don’t, it’s not my job.

This question is often asked but it’s like asking me “what’s the capital of Turkmenistan”? Just because I don’t know, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have an answer!

• Like 1

There’s something seriously wrong here.

Has Rodgers ever used only 1 sub before?

I can only think he’s trying to make a point which in turn has thrown the game. Admitted the players were knackered and didn’t make a change when needed and the change he made was absolutely bewildering. It was 30 degrees pitch side.

Looks like he does want to go to war with our owners to me and I hope he loses because this mis-management of the team, the club and the fans is absolutely disgusting.

This is the first time I’ve wanted him out. 

He’s quite unlikeable isn’t he.

• Like 2

Just now, 5waller5 said:

Honestly I’m at a point where I dislike the bloke so much I don’t care!!

The club spend a lot of time researching alternatives and keeping tabs on players and managers. I don’t, it’s not my job.

This question is often asked but it’s like asking me “what’s the capital of Turkmenistan”? Just because I don’t know, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have an answer!

It's like saying you'd jump off a wall blindfolded because there might be a big net ready to catch your fall despite people telling you there isn't one.

There aren't any managers out there that have done what Rodgers has done in the game that is willing to come to a Leicester side in need of a rebuild. 

A change for the sake of change almost never works in football. 

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Who do the Rodgers out brigade actually want? 

I don't see who we could attract. There's no stand out manager without a club right now so any new manager would have to already be in a job.

I don't think we're in a position where we can rally afford to change managers, so I'd stick with him for the time being - if he wants to be seriously considered for a top Premier League job in future, he's got to salvage his reputation here. I don't know if he was trying to make a point with his lack of subs vs Brentford, or if it was just very poor game management - but either way, he needs to wise up pretty fast.

If he were to go, I would seriously go all-in for Graham Potter, think he's leagues ahead of Rodgers tactically and the club has made some absolutely shrewd signings in recent seasons. We have great infrastructure here, and next summer we should be much better equipped to strengthen via the transfer market. I still think we're a slightly bigger draw than Brighton, but think it would be hard to tempt him.

Or, if we want to look abroad, Arne Slot is doing a brilliant job at Feyenoord:

image.thumb.png.36136c9a0c6bdaefb22bb9099b9612b3.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Puel wasn't anywhere near as good for us as Rodgers is. Puel had us in relegation form, Rodgers has only ever had us in mid table/European form.

Rodgers was a clear upgrade and he was willing to come to us. I don't see who there is now that is a clear upgrade on Rodgers.

We wasn't mathematically safe until matchday 36 last season and even then that's because we played 4 incredibly poor teams. 

He was an upgrade at the time but after yesterday, his game management and comments it proves his time here is up. He doesn't want to be here and the players need someone new. 

A new manager doesn't need to be a 'clear' upgrade or even have a better record than Rodgers, they just need a proven record of man management which despite the myths I don't think Rodgers is very good at. 

28 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Only way Poch takes it as with a guarantee of a transfer budget. He probably thinks he could build his rep back but I don't think he'd be very long - he would jump at the first chance to something else. 

He doesn't take it irrespective of any promises.  It's a pipe dream.

Who the replacement is doesn't matter so much right now as making a change.  If we'd acted months ago like we should have we might have been able to peg someone who'd be the long-term answer, but what's needed now is a competent caretaker to get us through the season and make sure we don't get relegated.  The most important thing is clearing the stench of decay and disinterest that surrounds Rodgers with the club.  It's over for him, it's been over since last season, and the longer you let that fester the worse the stench.

Yeah he actually made him self look a bit of a plank.

Players looked jaded and tired.

Like saying but my bench wasn't good enough so hoped for the best thinking we can snatch a 3rd goal on the counter.... 🤪

Poch isn't guaranteed any sort of great success here tbh. And if you get frustrated with bottle job collapses under Rodgers, you're going to absolutely love Poch aren't you lol

I think he’s got somewhat more modern ideas about chance creation and his teams typically play slightly better football but he hasn't had to do it with the quality of squad we have for years. 

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

One thing that is really bugging me is his constant bemoaning of the lack of quality throughout this squad, which I suspect is why he only made one sub yesterday, to prove a point. He has constantly criticised the lack of quality in depth in the media and he's treated some of those fringe players appallingly.

He's now claiming that if we don't get new players then we will have to lower our expectations, but this is pretty much the same squad that competed for top 4 and won the FA Cup the season before last. The same squad that Rodgers constantly claimed was young and inexperienced whenever we suffered a bad result. So surely a year or two later this squad should be an even stronger one? It's more experienced and we've not had to sell any of our best players in that time.

The rhetoric that this squad just isn't up to it and that somehow he is blameless in that is infuriating to me. A lot of the squad players that he doesn't trust, and that we can't shift, are his signings that were signed to fit within his system. You look at the bench yesterday and it's full of international players that have one time or another proven their quality. We can have no sympathy, this is a good squad.

He is a spin-merchant, but his currently line of spin is only serving to turn the fans against him. He may think it's protecting his image away from the club, but that won't count for much if we have to sack him in a few weeks if things do turn toxic.

Yet the journos can’t string a line of questioning together to highlight all this ???

I know Brendan's taking all the flack here. And rightly so, as his so called tactical nous rarely sees us over the line in tight games. But there is an issue with this squad not seeing games out. They are just not resilient when the pressure comes in. I do wonder whether it's an experience thing or just not nasty enough to finish it off. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Poch isn't guaranteed any sort of great success here tbh. And if you get frustrated with bottle job collapses under Rodgers, you're going to absolutely love Poch aren't you lol

I think he’s got somewhat more modern ideas about chance creation and his teams typically play slightly better football but he hasn't had to do it with the quality of squad we have for years. 

Maybe he can’t handle absolute premium players ……

5th, 5th, 8th (with over half first team injured for the season) - I'm not sure wewon't regret it if he goes  - chaps, we're not winning it again any time soon - do you think challenging for Europe might be prefereable to the alternative? Careful what you wish for.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

If we're going to bottle it I'd rather us bottle it playing somewhat half decent football.

A lot of our bottle jobs come from lack of intent, we barely create chances and when we do take our few chances we when close up shop and look to protect rather than exploit.

Its irrelevant now anyway. I've always been of the opinion that Poch would have been tempted by the same packet as Rodgers, the facilities and the project but since we are absolutely skint as a club he won't be coming anywhere near us. 

Still annoyed about yesterday, partly the result but mainly because I was reminded why I wanted last season to end, which has killed my excitement for the season.

I just dont understand Brendan. He made all the decisions yesterday that I would have made if I subtly wanted to drop points. Our midfield dominated the game, until he took off our hardest working player for a striker that wasnt needed. The opponent changed half their outfield team, he made one change and then had the balls to mention fatigue post match. It's unbelievable, I just dont see this ending well at all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I know Brendan's taking all the flack here. And rightly so, as his so called tactical nous rarely sees us over the line in tight games. But there is an issue with this squad not seeing games out. They are just not resilient when the pressure comes in. I do wonder whether it's an experience thing or just not nasty enough to finish it off. 

He's had 2 whole seasons to sort it after the first collapse and the same issues still persist and remain. He's got no more excuses or credit.

Another harsh truth is that with the new FFP rules we are attempting to adhere to, we can no longer pay our manager an obscene £10m a year. He's got 3 more years here and yet we really need to cut that in half and even if he did stay for those 3 years we'd then only be offering him a reduction to his wages as a thank you for his success and service here.

It's a bit of a tricky position we are in here, we've been tucked up with these new rules and are paying the price for delivering over and above what a club like ours aspires to do and then backed it up again and again as we push it to the maximum.

It does feel like a golden handshake might need to happen.

• Thanks 2

There were a bunch of changes he could have made yesterday that would have freshened the side up and helped us to see out a victory. That single sub just seems bizarre - either it's a completely unsubtle dig at the owners, or it's absolutely poor game management. Either way he's made himself look like a total idiot, and compounded that with his comments about 'fatigue' post match. 

Wanted to go into this season with fresh optimism, but that game really highlighted some of the worst things about Rodgers' Leicester City.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Another harsh truth is that with the new FFP rules we are attempting to adhere to, we can no longer pay our manager an obscene £10m a year. He's got 3 more years here and yet we really need to cut that in half and even if he did stay for those 3 years we'd then only be offering him a reduction to his wages as a thank you for his success and service here.

It's a bit of a tricky position we are in here, we've been tucked up with these new rules and are paying the price for delivering over and above what a club like ours aspires to do and then backed it up again and again as we push it to the maximum.

It does feel like a golden handshake might need to happen.

Yesterday's decisions tell me he wants out but he's not willing to walk away from the money. A mutual agreement seems like the best way forwards and we let him spin it any way he wants. Then the agreement to let him spin is accidentally leaked :ph34r: