Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Another harsh truth is that with the new FFP rules we are attempting to adhere to, we can no longer pay our manager an obscene £10m a year. He's got 3 more years here and yet we really need to cut that in half and even if he did stay for those 3 years we'd then only be offering him a reduction to his wages as a thank you for his success and service here.

It's a bit of a tricky position we are in here, we've been tucked up with these new rules and are paying the price for delivering over and above what a club like ours aspires to do and then backed it up again and again as we push it to the maximum.

It does feel like a golden handshake might need to happen.

Do you reckon that conversations already been had about the wage reduction? He does seem extra sulky at the minute.

His wages are a huge reason why we are not able to recruit so surely its had to have come up at some point. 

• Like 1

If we can’t shift him for that ridiculous release clause and he doesn’t resign, we’ve got this until 2025. Next year the proper refresh happens with all these expiring contracts. I don’t know if I trust this guy with a major overhaul that will be required. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Martin O'Neal for me.. Promotion too the premier league and 2 league cups victories, (all of which I've had the privilege of witnessing live from the stands) but please take in consideration the most important factor, he did it without half the current budget, resources, quality of players etc. that Rodgers currently has or had at his disposal. 

And yes it is the first game in of the  season, but the sh*tshow we where treated to this afternoon isn't an isolated incident, we have seen it, along with the same old mistakes happen time and time again over the last 18 months,by this so called "elite manager". The guy is an arrogant, egotistical fraud, who is willing to say anything before and after games to shift the blame off his shoulders. The only thing world class about him is his ability to spin the rhetoric so he comes away smelling of roses l. And if you would care to take a look at the other posts in this thread I'm not alone in my thinking. Others have said similar in their own words. 

Have I quantified my answers enough for you, or am I to be added to the group of people you deem as Absolutely Mental? 

Have your critic,Bit this was a Good show,Not a poor Performance or shitshow..you Dont like Rodgers....but you lose any creditiability...like many others

too determined to get your Rocks Off on Rodgers.....The team( who we support), played a Damn Good game und even towards the end could of brought home

3pts.....AND isnt that the main point of the story, high side performance,created top chances,game did Swing both ways,even when could consider

what ever Good or Bad choices....the players on the Pitch Performed & still had Top chances to turn it...!!!w

Für whole game Rhetoric is being Destroyed by many poor fans attack on Rodgers....instead of looking at the "Game"....

We have the worse fans ,who at present have an agenda....I want to discuss the game,the positive movement of players,Not this Zombie Style of fans mentality,

15 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I know Brendan's taking all the flack here. And rightly so, as his so called tactical nous rarely sees us over the line in tight games. But there is an issue with this squad not seeing games out. They are just not resilient when the pressure comes in. I do wonder whether it's an experience thing or just not nasty enough to finish it off. 

This is what really irks me about this performance. There were no signs that an implosion was coming until Brendan made that complete tactical blunder. We looked in control, we looked fairly steady and still looked like we had a goal in us…. All the game needed was like for like swaps to just keep the shape and put fresh legs onto the pitch. The game was crying out for Mendy and Praet to come on and just give the midfield a boost again…. Instead he disrupted the midfield and opened the game up for Brentford. 

I know it’s a bit extreme, but part of me wonders if the one sub was a mini protest by Brendan, he’s put his ego before his brain before, there absolutely no logical explanation as to why you make one substitution, when you have four more available and then cite fatigue as a potential reason for losing the lead…… it’s these comments that leave me baffled.

“I did think about it (making more substitutions). Looking at the game, and looking at how it was, and when they scored, it was really a case that our back-line was in control for most of the game. With them putting the extra bodies up front, we stay on that and keep the numbers there.

“Wilf is very important for us defensively, he could have been crisper and clearer with the ball today but defensively he is important for us. Youri and James are experienced now and you are hoping they can manage the game while having that threat up front. I did think about it, but I left it as it was.”

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Have your critic,Bit this was a Good show,Not a poor Performance or shitshow..you Dont like Rodgers....but you lose any creditiability...like many others

too determined to get your Rocks Off on Rodgers.....The team( who we support), played a Damn Good game und even towards the end could of brought home

3pts.....AND isnt that the main point of the story, high side performance,created top chances,game did Swing both ways,even when could consider

what ever Good or Bad choices....the players on the Pitch Performed & still had Top chances to turn it...!!!w

Für whole game Rhetoric is being Destroyed by many poor fans attack on Rodgers....instead of looking at the "Game"....

We have the worse fans ,who at present have an agenda....I want to discuss the game,the positive movement of players,Not this Zombie Style of fans mentality,

You know I'm positive and not shy in speaking out!

Yesterday's decision to use only 1 sub was indefensible bud, scorching hot, players shattered , cost us 2 points   baffling! 

Edited by Bluetintedspecs
Typo

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Well it's all feeling a bit toxic, isn't it? 

Feels like he's a couple of bad results away from losing the fanbase entirely.

And we only have a rejuvenated and significantly strengthened Arsenal in their first home game of the season to look forward to this weekend...

Edited by ClaphamFox

I'm not judging anything yet, I saw enough attacking intent yesterday to be reasonably pleased, and considering we've not signed any defensive reinforcements, I'm not going to expect miracles in that department YoY. He's been dealt a tricky hand this season. Squad clearly still playing for him.

My god though, I do wish when we played with a back 5, one of the CBs would take the initiative to close the ball down.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Another harsh truth is that with the new FFP rules we are attempting to adhere to, we can no longer pay our manager an obscene £10m a year. He's got 3 more years here and yet we really need to cut that in half and even if he did stay for those 3 years we'd then only be offering him a reduction to his wages as a thank you for his success and service here.

It's a bit of a tricky position we are in here, we've been tucked up with these new rules and are paying the price for delivering over and above what a club like ours aspires to do and then backed it up again and again as we push it to the maximum.

It does feel like a golden handshake might need to happen.

I think that something is likely to happen. Top et el are astute business people, and he really would not be impressed by the logic of “we’re tired, so I’ll make one sub” idea.

Like I said earlier, I genuinely think it could have been a mini protest by Brendan….. swinging his dick around rather than trying to win the game. 

10 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Arne Slot

I would love this, but don't actually trust our board not to land us with someone like Dyche tbh lol

I wonder if our recruitment network extends to potential replacement managers? It seems with players there is so much effort put into data & analysis etc for every signing, but whenever it comes to new managers most clubs seem just pick names from the same old pool of managers.

• Like 3

It always amazes me how as fans we talk as though we are in full possession of the facts. I'm not defending the decision to bring KDH off, but what I am saying is none of us truly know why. On the surface it appears as a straight swap of a fit player. Here's a scenario; player speaks to medical staff after Friday/Saturday training, and highlights slight twinge. BR says well I've no Barnes, I really need him to play. Medical staff recommends he doesn't play full game as a precaution. A joint decision is made that regardless of the match situation, he comes off after an hour.

BR isn't the only manager that does things that puzzle the fans. Liverpool fans complaining why their new star striker didn't start. Who knows, he may have felt a bit under the weather, so Klopp says can you give me fifteen minutes if needed?

Where I think managers don't do themselves any favours is they could explain these things, but of course they're not obliged to, and might not want to show their hand.

It's the same with transfers. I think we are too commodity focused  and forget the hunan, personal side of things; e.g. player says my missus really needs to live closer to her aging mum, hence the reason I'm looking for a London club.

As I say not defending BR, but trying to be open minded. Sometimes we say why didn't he try and finish it off...well he did put on a striker, who's been in decent pre-season scoring form.

I think there are certain things where it's easier to be critical; e.g. Ricky last year marking the tallest bloke on the pitch at a corner. With that I can't really try to be open minded.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Well it's all feeling a bit toxic, isn't it? 

Feels like he's a couple of bad results away from losing the fanbase entirely.

Rodgers has to win another trophy for these entitled gloomers to shutup for a few months, or itl continue to spread. #uptherodgers #2027 #inrodgerswetrust #WEREMASSIVE

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just can’t understand his fatigue comments whilst still having 4 subs available to make and that’s before we get onto him taking kdh off and removing the engine from midfield and needlessly putting Daka on alongside Vardy. I don’t get what goes through his head at times! I think there will be a point he clashes with rudkin/top massively and he gets the boot in the not too distant future. 

He might be getting flak on here but unfortunately he has already got into the heads of the media with his soundbites about not being able to buy players etc so he's never going to be held accountable where it matters. 

He's spun his narrative brilliantly, hence the below........12 mentions of how we didn't sign any players and 1 mention of how he only used 1 substitution. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/james-maddison-shines-for-leicester-city-before-brentford-fight-back-668mtj0z2

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

“I did think about it (making more substitutions). Looking at the game, and looking at how it was, and when they scored, it was really a case that our back-line was in control for most of the game. With them putting the extra bodies up front, we stay on that and keep the numbers there.

“Wilf is very important for us defensively, he could have been crisper and clearer with the ball today but defensively he is important for us. Youri and James are experienced now and you are hoping they can manage the game while having that threat up front. I did think about it, but I left it as it was.”

He's either malicious or a total idiot

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Twitcher said:

It always amazes me how as fans we talk as though we are in full possession of the facts. I'm not defending the decision to bring KDH off, but what I am saying is none of us truly know why. On the surface it appears as a straight swap of a fit player. Here's a scenario; player speaks to medical staff after Friday/Saturday training, and highlights slight twinge. BR says well I've no Barnes, I really need him to play. Medical staff recommends he doesn't play full game as a precaution. A joint decision is made that regardless of the match situation, he comes off after an hour.

BR isn't the only manager that does things that puzzle the fans. Liverpool fans complaining why their new star striker didn't start. Who knows, he may have felt a bit under the weather, so Klopp says can you give me fifteen minutes if needed?

Where I think managers don't do themselves any favours is they could explain these things, but of course they're not obliged to, and might not want to show their hand.

It's the same with transfers. I think we are too commodity focused  and forget the hunan, personal side of things; e.g. player says my missus really needs to live closer to her aging mum, hence the reason I'm looking for a London club.

As I say not defending BR, but trying to be open minded. Sometimes we say why didn't he try and finish it off...well he did put on a striker, who's been in decent pre-season scoring form.

I think there are certain things where it's easier to be critical; e.g. Ricky last year marking the tallest bloke on the pitch at a corner. With that I can't really try to be open minded.

Yeah, but you don't really need to be in full possession of the facts to question why - if the players are fatigued, as Rodgers says - we didn't use more subs to make like-for-like changes. I don't even think the KDH/Daka sub was necessarily the wrong one, but why are we not making full use of our subs to bring on fresh legs in a game where we were clearly tiring?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Just can’t understand his fatigue comments whilst still having 4 subs available to make and that’s before we get onto him taking kdh off and removing the engine from midfield and needlessly putting Daka on alongside Vardy. I don’t get what goes through his head at times! I think there will be a point he clashes with rudkin/top massively and he gets the boot in the not too distant future. 

Its a clash he wants because even if he loses he ends up an extremely wealthy man. 

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its a clash he wants because even if he loses he ends up an extremely wealthy man. 

He'd end up with less money than if he saw his contract out. He'd not be due any bonuses for wins, competitions progression, table positional finishes or anything else, he'd only get his base salary. The "he wants money" concept doesn't stack up, sorry.

Edited by Beechey

23 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's actually much more impactful when you just say it how it is. There are so few pro's left for Rodgers and most of them involve casting your mind back at least over a year ago.

When the defence becomes "who do you actually want?" there's not much left to use after that. There are tonnes of managers out there that'd bring fresh ideas and excitement to the club right now, who would be delighted to work in the setting that Rodgers has been afforded. We don't want someone who's been there and done it, we want someone young, fresh and coming up in the world of management. 

A younger manager will be more willing to work within the clubs framework and will look to get the very best out of what they have available. I don't think Rodgers has had us looking greater than the sum of our parts for a loooong time.

I entirely agree… I was just trying to keep my post length short! 

The BR situation hasn’t changed since last season, nor has my opinion, but I could see the benefit of giving him the summer to “reset”. He clearly hasn’t!

4 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Brendan you’re playing 3 at the back against Brentford. You don’t need a CDM destroyer like Wilf on the pitch.

Also why is Wilf even playing 90mins? Hasn’t he just come back from a serious injury? Disaster waiting to happen. With the CDM options we have + the 5 sub rule we should be easing Wilf back in with 30min cameos.

9 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

So he thought about it because he knew we were being overrun in midfield, but still chose to gamble on doing nothing? Is it me or did he shift the blame on to Maddison and Youri? He could have supported them by bringing on a fresher midfielder to help see out the game. 

The only thing I will pin on Maddison (not Youri) was his sheer inability to do normal things with the football in the final half hour lol

• Like 1