Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Shane said:

Brendan you’re playing 3 at the back against Brentford. You don’t need a CDM destroyer like Wilf on the pitch.

Also why is Wilf even playing 90mins? Hasn’t he just come back from a serious injury? Disaster waiting to happen. With the CDM options we have + the 5 sub rule we should be easing Wilf back in with 30min cameos.

He played most friendlies and hopefully is pretty much over the serious injury. 

I'm reading the comments on this thread, and are people just manufacturing situations of conflict in their own minds? Why wouldn't Ndidi play? We need a 6 in the midfield, and we know none of our other midfielders can be the base of a midfield, they don't have the legs. It's no good having 3 8's in the midfield, because you just get bypassed, look at Man United.

When we play a 433/4231, we attack with 3 CBs as one full back sits narrow as a third CB, and we'd expect Ndidi to play if it was a back 4.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, filbertway said:

There are so few pro's left for Rodgers and most of them involve casting your mind back at least over a year ago

Hard to agree. There are pros, in some games well within a year, but not every game is a negative drubbing or losing 4 or 5-0 as this post may suggest. 

Yesterday for the first 50-odd minutes I'd say were decent. Brentford barely had a sniff, we created some opportunities and found ourselves 2 up deservedly. While it doesn't ignore what happened after, is that not a pro that we had ourselves in that position? 

11 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I would love this, but don't actually trust our board not to land us with someone like Dyche tbh lol

I wonder if our recruitment network extends to potential replacement managers? It seems with players there is so much effort put into data & analysis etc for every signing, but whenever it comes to new managers most clubs seem just pick names from the same old pool of managers.

I don't know why, but I just have this gut feeling that our next manager will end up being Roberto Martinez. Seems the exact profile of manager that our owner tends to go for. 

12 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I'm not judging anything yet, I saw enough attacking intent yesterday to be reasonably pleased, and considering we've not signed any defensive reinforcements, I'm not going to expect miracles in that department YoY. He's been dealt a tricky hand this season. Squad clearly still playing for him.

My god though, I do wish when we played with a back 5, one of the CBs would take the initiative to close the ball down.

My concern was how little we created after going 2-0 up. At that scoreline it ought to be food and drink to set traps to open teams up but our final ball was so sloppy yesterday, KDH, Maddison, Ndidi were all very erratic with their passing or just missed receiving the ball and turning where we'd have been in dangerous areas to take them apart. Really frustrating.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My concern was how little we created after going 2-0 up. At that scoreline it ought to be food and drink to set traps to open teams up but our final ball was so sloppy yesterday, KDH, Maddison, Ndidi were all very erratic with their passing or just missed receiving the ball and turning where we'd have been in dangerous areas to take them apart. Really frustrating.

Yeah, we lost all control after about 60 mins, which concerns me as well. I think it was Brentford's formation switch. Although we did hit the post with Fofana's header after it went 2-1. Not much from open play at all after then, though. I was shocked by Maddison's first touch, it let him down constantly in the second half. I would have preferred Maddison being subbed off for Praet/Mendy, rather than KDH - even if he was tired.

To be completely honest though, Brentford didn't create much of anything either.

Edited by Beechey

14 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Rodgers has to win another trophy for these entitled gloomers to shutup for a few months, or itl continue to spread. #uptherodgers #2027 #inrodgerswetrust #WEREMASSIVE

Unfortunately for the remaining Rodgers supporters like yourself, you supporting him to not only stay but to extend his obscene wage he earns here will further hurt ours and your club.

He needs to either accept a pay cut or shake hands and call it a day.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I would love this, but don't actually trust our board not to land us with someone like Dyche tbh lol

I wonder if our recruitment network extends to potential replacement managers? It seems with players there is so much effort put into data & analysis etc for every signing, but whenever it comes to new managers most clubs seem just pick names from the same old pool of managers.

We pick our managers well really- Sousa aside. Each one has served a purpose required at that time. Rodgers WAS good for us. Those days are long over now though. Going forward we need someone to take us onwards- Which basically, given our financial situation, means finding a manager that can take this very good crop of players forward, without feeling the need to splash the cash. 

I’m sat in a Spoons now having a breakfast. I think I could find a couple of people in here who’d get more from the squad than Bodgers

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He played most friendlies and hopefully is pretty much over the serious injury. 

25 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I'm reading the comments on this thread, and are people just manufacturing situations of conflict in their own minds? Why wouldn't Ndidi play? We need a 6 in the midfield, and we know none of our other midfielders can be the base of a midfield, they don't have the legs. It's no good having 3 8's in the midfield, because you just get bypassed, look at Man United.

I feel easing Wilf back and not playing 90mins after a bad injury is quite reasonable. If we need a 6/cdm we could have just played Mendy.

Edited by Shane

9 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I don't know why, but I just have this gut feeling that our next manager will end up being Roberto Martinez. Seems the exact profile of manager that our owner tends to go for. 

Yeah exactly, some uninspiring out-of-work manager.

5 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We pick our managers well really- Sousa aside. Each one has served a purpose required at that time. Rodgers WAS good for us. Those days are long over now though. Going forward we need someone to take us onwards- Which basically, given our financial situation, means finding a manager that can take this very good crop of players forward, without feeling the need to splash the cash. 

I’m sat in a Spoons now having a breakfast. I think I could find a couple of people in here who’d get more from the squad than Bodgers

Do we though?

Sousa, as you mentioned, was terrible. Sven was a nightmare and saddled us with loads of players on big wages, Shakespeare should never have been given the job, Puel was a disaster. Really, the only decent managers these owners have appointed have been Pearson, Ranieri (which I think was more luck than good judgement) and Rodgers.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

It always amazes me how as fans we talk as though we are in full possession of the facts. I'm not defending the decision to bring KDH off, but what I am saying is none of us truly know why. On the surface it appears as a straight swap of a fit player. Here's a scenario; player speaks to medical staff after Friday/Saturday training, and highlights slight twinge. BR says well I've no Barnes, I really need him to play. Medical staff recommends he doesn't play full game as a precaution. A joint decision is made that regardless of the match situation, he comes off after an hour.

BR isn't the only manager that does things that puzzle the fans. Liverpool fans complaining why their new star striker didn't start. Who knows, he may have felt a bit under the weather, so Klopp says can you give me fifteen minutes if needed?

Where I think managers don't do themselves any favours is they could explain these things, but of course they're not obliged to, and might not want to show their hand.

It's the same with transfers. I think we are too commodity focused  and forget the hunan, personal side of things; e.g. player says my missus really needs to live closer to her aging mum, hence the reason I'm looking for a London club.

As I say not defending BR, but trying to be open minded. Sometimes we say why didn't he try and finish it off...well he did put on a striker, who's been in decent pre-season scoring form.

I think there are certain things where it's easier to be critical; e.g. Ricky last year marking the tallest bloke on the pitch at a corner. With that I can't really try to be open minded.

So why didn't he bring on a midfielder to replace him? 

4 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Crikey it's depressing reading this thread. Keyboard warriors certain that they could manage a football club better than Rodgers. Think I'll stick to the transfer forum until September...

You seem happy with decisions? Or are fans not allowed to comment? On a fans football forum? 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

I'm hoping the club and Rodgers can come to a mutual agreement to call it quits. We don't have to pay him in full and he can say he wanted to leave as he felt he had achieved as much as he can with what is essentially a non league club.

I have said time and again, put him on gardening leave, it’s not that unusual.His ego will have him taking the first half decent job that comes along then we stop paying him. I am sure we may have to give him a little sweetener to encourage him to take a new job, will all be part of negotiations but it won’t cost us anywhere near what many quote on here.

Not sure of the alternatives?

12 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I don't think we do.

Sousa was awful for us, as was Sven and Shakespeare. Puel was solid enough but boring. Pearson was a great appointment but it's not like he wasn't known to the club. Ranieri was great for a season and Rodgers has been good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Do we though?

Sousa, as you mentioned, was terrible. Sven was a nightmare and saddled us with loads of players on big wages, Shakespeare should never have been given the job, Puel was a disaster. Really, the only decent managers these owners have appointed have been Pearson, Ranieri (which I think was more luck than good judgement) and Rodgers.

I only get 10 posts a day on here due to the Hitlers on here that have restricted my posting but I’ll use one to respond.

Sven I toyed with the idea of bracketing with Sousa, but Sven brought in the likes of Kasper and Nugent (I’ve possibly missed others) who were instrumental in what happened next. (I’m not saying Sven got us promoted- Sir Nige did that 🥰)

I forgot Shakey was made permanent in fairness. Though the Sevilla home win was worth the decision in making him caretaker at least. 

Puel- well, his football is as bad as Rodgers’ but he brought along some youth and as shit as he was, was at least useful in that respect

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

So why didn't he bring on a midfielder to replace him? 

Because Brentford changed formation, he tried to counter that with his sub. It didn't work. Bringing on a like for like replacement wouldn't have worked either as the original problem would have persisted. Simple really. 

Not sure where I land on ‘he’s sending a message to the board’. He might come across a complete idiot at times but as others have said, Brendan Rodgers knows what he needs to do to look after Brendan Rodgers and to throw away a comfortable lead to make a point seems like he’d be cutting off his nose to spite his face. 

If that was the case though, he’s still tried to create the illusion he’s not a key reason we’re in this mess with some of the signings he’s made. It was interesting that he brought on Daka when there was zero need - arguably his last hope from his 2021 signings that might not be a complete bust. Says a lot for his recruitment when yesterday, only 3 of the starters were his signings, and 1/3 of his signings on the bench are deemed to not be of a high enough quality to get onto the pitch.

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I only get 10 posts a day on here due to the Hitlers on here that have restricted my posting but I’ll use one to respond.

Sven I toyed with the idea of bracketing with Sousa, but Sven brought in the likes of Kasper and Nugent (I’ve possibly missed others) who were instrumental in what happened next. (I’m not saying Sven got us promoted- Sir Nige did that 🥰)

I forgot Shakey was made permanent in fairness. Though the Sevilla home win was worth the decision in making him caretaker at least. 

I take your point on Sven, there were a few decent signings - but there was a lot of dross too, and he deserves to go in the failure column for Matt Mills and Michael Johnson alone lol it shows that we've got it wrong just as much as we've got it right though, which is slightly worrying for when the time comes to appoint a new manager.

27 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

It always amazes me how as fans we talk as though we are in full possession of the facts. I'm not defending the decision to bring KDH off, but what I am saying is none of us truly know why. On the surface it appears as a straight swap of a fit player. Here's a scenario; player speaks to medical staff after Friday/Saturday training, and highlights slight twinge. BR says well I've no Barnes, I really need him to play. Medical staff recommends he doesn't play full game as a precaution. A joint decision is made that regardless of the match situation, he comes off after an hour.

I can buy that. And we certainly can’t afford to lose KDH. I think the issue is replacing him with Daka as part of some bizarre effort to counteract Brentford’s change in formation. Why are we bothered what they’re doing? We’re completely dominating them - bring on a like for like replacement (or as close as we have) and keep playing the same way. The trouble with BR is he tries to turn every game into a whiteboard tactical masterclass instead of doing the simple things to rack up the points. 

And by the way we had most of  our defensive players available yesterday (cant blame injuries) and we still concede twice, still gave up a winning position, and still conceded late. 

• Like 2

Over night my anger seems to have turned into fear. It is not pleasant not trusting the man in charge of our players. I honestly really hope we can get a really good result against Arsenal and we can find a bit of harmony in the club. Or that Manu have some more bad results and help us out by taking him off our hands - they do have a record of generosity towards Leicester.