Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

I would have introduced fresh legs for the tiring ones in the same formation (although I wouldn’t have played that formation in the first place). BR is fixated on what the opposition does and not confident enough in our own identity.

It gives the opposition confidence and saps ours to constantly be so reactive. 

I agree with fresh legs, it was a strange one. My point being that the actual substitution that was made really isn't a foreign idea and he is getting hammered for it. 

In terms of fatigue I thought both teams looked fit and strong. Other games players were going down with cramp. 

11 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Then you'd need to be paying his £200k/week salary as well as a new manager's salary at the same time. Our issue is that our wage bill is too big, that would make that situation much worse.

Only short term, far from ideal but let’s be honest our options are limited as we certainly don’t want to pay him out.

Of course we could stick with him for another couple of seasons, sure that will work well.There is no good option.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Classic Brendan again. Apparently we were outstanding. Yes we were relatively comfortable but my good we created very little, if anything.

XG of 0.46 at home to Brentford is atrocious. 

That's how it goes seemingly every time we play with a 532. We struggle to get the ball forwards. If Barnes was fit, we play a 433, I've no doubt about it.

Edited by Beechey

The KDH-Daka substitution - whilst questionable - wasn't the big problem yesterday.

The fact it was the only substitution is where the problem lies. Bring on pretty much anyone else on our subs bench for anyone on the pitch and we'd have had more energy and given them a lot more problems. Soyuncu for Amartey, Praet for Maddison/Tielemans, Mendy for Ndidi, Thomas for JJ... all like for like changes that would've given us a bit more desire to hold onto the win. Could've even mixed things up and gone with a back 4 by taking off Amartey for Praet/Perez and dropping JJ/Castagne back to FB which would've given Brentford something to actually think about, rather than clearing out our midfield as soon as they were starting to get control of it and let them waltz right through us.

Brendan's inaction cost us. No doubt about it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Classic Brendan again. Apparently we were outstanding. Yes we were relatively comfortable but my good we created very little, if anything.

Pretty certain we hit the post, another day that goes in and the game is won. 

• Like 1

Just now, Muzzy_no7 said:

We scored two goals, hit the post twice....so perhaps in this instance the xG darlings might need to have a few less "wet accidents"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

The KDH-Daka substitution - whilst questionable - wasn't the big problem yesterday.

The fact it was the only substitution is where the problem lies. Bring on pretty much anyone else on our subs bench for anyone on the pitch and we'd have had more energy and given them a lot more problems. Soyuncu for Amartey, Praet for Maddison/Tielemans, Mendy for Ndidi, Thomas for JJ... all like for like changes that would've given us a bit more desire to hold onto the win. Could've even mixed things up and gone with a back 4 by taking off Amartey for Praet/Perez and dropping JJ/Castagne back to FB which would've given Brentford something to actually think about, rather than clearing out our midfield as soon as they were starting to get control of it and let them waltz right through us.

Brendan's inaction cost us. No doubt about it.

This is the major problem we face, we don't have wingers, so I feel like he doesn't think we can ever really change to a 4. Could've kept a diamond, but then the same issue exists, all of their joy came down the wings getting in behind our wing backs, which is the downside to a back 5. With a 442 diamond, your full backs are still isolated if the midfielders can't get across effectively.

We've seen this every time Barnes is out, we will carry on playing a back 5 because we lack wide options.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

It did, but it was a positive change. If we had swapped KDH for a like for like and they had equalised, you would all be moaning it wasn't a positive change and we should have changed formation. The bloke can't win. 

I keep reading it was a positive change, Daka and Vardy have no connection at all as a partnership. They play the same central role, are in the box finishes often through balls lead to them one on one with the keeper. Neither have particularly good ball control or drop deep effectively, both have an eye for a pass in certain situations but not in a front two. It's partly the clubs fault for not purchasing wide forwards but a manager should see that it can't work and what it'll lead to.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Still so angry about this. His comments about fatigue make it even worse. 

I’m a Rodgers in but after Brentford his mismanagement of the squad is slowly wearing a bit thin especially when he blames everyone and everything but his own fault if he is making a protest to the board like some say on here regarding the lack of signings then this is incompetence personified, Frank saw his team tiring changed his side Rodgers put Daka on took KDH off who looked superb I just don’t get Rodgers lately ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

I keep reading it was a positive change, Daka and Vardy have no connection at all as a partnership. They play the same central role, are in the box finishes often through balls lead to them one on one with the keeper. Neither have particularly good ball control or drop deep effectively, both have an eye for a pass in certain situations but not in a front two. It's partly the clubs fault for not purchasing wide forwards but a manager should see that it can't work and what it'll lead to.

Agree, taking off Vardy for Daka would have been fine as they are different, but Praet or even Nacho would have made more sense

Just now, BigMicky said:

Or the simple fact that our players 'switched off' momentarily which happens. 

Or they are just unintelligent footballers, as we do make lots of mistakes…

it’s all opinions I guess, but disappointing to concede as we did yesterday following on from the type of goals conceded last season. 

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

In the same way that our defenders have been “switching off” for pretty much two seasons without either being replaced or improved. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

And the fact that one defender in particular is absolutely stealing a living here.

I thought we did play well. We didn't give Brentford an inch for the first 60 minutes or so. In fact i'd say Toney's goal was the first bit of danger we faced.

The way the midfield hunted the ball down in the first half was absolutely brilliant to watch. A bit like the 2019 Leicester side.

No signings has made the fanbase restless. It's up to the manager and the players to settle everything down again. A bad loss next week will really set a lot of people off.

I do believe that we are in need of some new life one way or another. The issue is, any new manager would want to bring in some new players. The issues with our squad size and wage bill are still there. Any new manager would be coming in with his hands already tied behind his back. 

29 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

XG of 0.64? Maddison headed wide from 8 yards, tielemans hit the post with a long range but unpressured shot, fofana hit the post with a free header and we scored a free header from a corner. KDH's would have been a 1 in 25 chance but **** me. 0.64 from that lot? The Maddison one alone is an XG of 1 in that anything on target would have scored. Load of bollocks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simoken said:

Rodgers has to win another trophy for these entitled gloomers to shutup for a few months, or itl continue to spread. #uptherodgers #2027 #inrodgerswetrust #WEREMASSIVE

We played a Mizuno Winter Pairs matchplay against a team name very close to your username. It was the week after we lost to Forest but fortunately we beat them on the golf course. Both were Forest STH

We’ve got to start asking questions of your allegiances, or your sanity. 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

If he bought on a striker cause they had a three man defence why not just put balls over the top for the attacker to run onto, if you taken off a mid field player and they are pressing men up the pitch surely logical tell you bypass the midfield, not try to play your way out slowly from the back. I have to admit I find some of his tactics puzzling and it seems the players do t, sojust end up in no man's land by the end of the game. Ndidi was a spent force, get Mendy on fresh legs, see the game out, it isn't rocket science, how many hundred of thousands are we paying Rodgers a week, for what??? 🙄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1