Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

Over the weekend every other prem side made at least 3 changes - apart from Wolves who only made one (it would be interesting to see what their fans are saying about that -  @The Bear?). 

I already covered it elsewhere, but basically we need reinforcements and quick. 7 out of the 9 subs were U23s with 2 PL starts between them. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I already covered it elsewhere, but basically we need reinforcements and quick. 7 out of the 9 subs were U23s with 2 PL starts between them. 

We had several seasoned internationals and plenty of Premier league experience. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigMicky said:

A like for like replacement would have had zero impact. I don't get why you can't see that? Brentford changed formation, we had to counter that. He tried and it didn't work. We were being overrun in midfield, swapping KDH for a like for like wouldn't have stopped that. 

Ace yeah so let's exasperate the problem by removing the most tenacious of our midfielders and replacing him with a striker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

Harsh on Shakespeare. We would have gotten relegated if it wasn't for him, and he signed Iheanacho and Maguire who were/have been good signings for us. Not to forget that game against Sevilla.

He also oversaw a 6-1 defeat at home to Spurs. I have no doubt Shakespeare would have taken us down the following season. Luckily Puel stabled us.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

And the fact that one defender in particular is absolutely stealing a living here.

I thought we did play well. We didn't give Brentford an inch for the first 60 minutes or so. In fact i'd say Toney's goal was the first bit of danger we faced.

The way the midfield hunted the ball down in the first half was absolutely brilliant to watch. A bit like the 2019 Leicester side.

No signings has made the fanbase restless. It's up to the manager and the players to settle everything down again. A bad loss next week will really set a lot of people off.

Rodgers has plenty of good players in his squad regardless of no signings, we were playing Brentford not Manchester City. No excuses for his poor tactics and bizarre one substitution. This one has to be chalked down to really poor management. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

You think he needs to put a shock collar on Amartey? Revolutionary, cruel, but definitely revolutionary!

He needs to not select him. Amartey has proven time and time again he's not starting standard yet Rodgers persists.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agree, taking off Vardy for Daka would have been fine as they are different, but Praet or even Nacho would have made more sense

Praet, Nacho and Daka would have made even more sense…. For Tielemans, Maddison and Vardy. 

I’d have also had 20 minutes for Albrighton or Perez 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigMicky said:

A like for like replacement would have had zero impact. I don't get why you can't see that? Brentford changed formation, we had to counter that. He tried and it didn't work. We were being overrun in midfield, swapping KDH for a like for like wouldn't have stopped that. 

No but taking Armarty off and going to a back 4 with an extra midfielder might have helped, particularly when Armarty, who was being targeted and overrun. 

Two of ours better pre-season players have been Praet and Soumare. 

51 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I do believe that we are in need of some new life one way or another. The issue is, any new manager would want to bring in some new players. The issues with our squad size and wage bill are still there. Any new manager would be coming in with his hands already tied behind his back. 

I wonder if our assistant managers would be good enough to hold the ship steady for a few months, should Brendan go.  This would give us some breathing space re funding a new manager and would remove any pressure to bring in new players.  Hard to see how our assistant managers could perform the role any worse than Brendan.

5 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Praet, Nacho and Daka would have made even more sense…. For Tielemans, Maddison and Vardy. 

I’d have also had 20 minutes for Albrighton or Perez 

Not disputing a change was required and said Praet in Post Match was the natural swap, was all a bit weird

50 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We played a Mizuno Winter Pairs matchplay against a team name very close to your username. It was the week after we lost to Forest but fortunately we beat them on the golf course. Both were Forest STH

We’ve got to start asking questions of your allegiances, or your sanity. 

Back the manager.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Was all about Brendan making a point.

And if he's making a point, it must mean he does not believe the reasons he's been given for the lack of transfer activity. If he genuinely believed what the club had told him, what would be the point in making some futile gesture? 

7 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Back the manager.

I don't support Brendan Rodgers I support Leicester City football club. If Rodgers is the one that is currently hampering the team from achieving its potential then he will be called out on it.

A manager does not get universal backing just because. Don't get me wrong he's done well at the club in the past but he's also spent more money than anybody else and has been paid at least 4x higher than any other manager in our history too. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I don't support Brendan Rodgers I support Leicester City football club. If Rodgers is the one that is currently hampering the team from achieving its potential then he will be called out on it.

A manager does not get universal backing just because. Don't get me wrong he's done well at the club in the past but he's also spent more money than anybody else and has been paid at least 4x higher than any other manager in our history too. 

exactly 'IF' you all make assumptions from absolutely nothing, why should i bother listening to that. At least im trying to remain hopeful and positive and just because im not following the miserable lot my credability as a supporter has been in question. lol

Still think he has done enough to be given more time, combined league table since his first game. 

Manchester City       293
Liverpool        289
Chelsea       226
Manchester United        209
Tottenham Hotspur       206
Arsenal FC Total       203
Leicester City Total       198
West Ham United       176
Wolverhampton Wanderers      172
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

And if he's making a point, it must mean he does not believe the reasons he's been given for the lack of transfer activity. If he genuinely believed what the club had told him, what would be the point in making some futile gesture? 

It might be a point to the board, it might be a point to the outside world to support his brand

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Crikey it's depressing reading this thread. Keyboard warriors certain that they could manage a football club better than Rodgers. Think I'll stick to the transfer forum until September...

yes why bother discussing football at all, lets leave it to the pundits

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’d be very shocked if we pay a manager the same as what we currently are for a while.

...at the time it would have appeared to the club that they were safeguarding the future of the club by tying Rodgers to a long and expensive contract!!!

It has now comeback to bite us with the expense of extracting ourselves from the deal.

At the time for many, it seemed a good idea.