Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

What exactly are his main strengths? He doesn't appear to be much of a motivator, he has one style of play which is easy to play against and his in game management is frankly appalling. Add to that he doesn't seem to have an eye for transfers and you have to wonder how he's demanding the wage he's getting 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Ferguson is arguably the greatest British manager of all time. 

By his own admission, he wasn’t as tactically aware as some managers but consistently had a very good coach as deputy who complimented him. 

Where his strengths were motivational and psychological. And he did the simple things well - bring on a forward or two when oppositions got deeper, playing 4-5-1 in Europe etc. 

Rodgers had so many simple choices ahead of him - bring on Mendy as he’s done previously to close a game out, and bring on Perez who has been more than useful from the bench and effective at pressing the opposition, yet he goes for the outlandish. And Praet has been very good in preseason and links up well with Tielemans and Castagne.

The best managers would not have made the decision to bring on an extra striker, and just puts more pressure on him. 

Hopefully he’s learned from it and will stick to what’s worked well for him.

Sadly he seems immune to learning from mistakes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Sadly he seems immune to learning from mistakes. 

He can't learn because he doesn't even see them as mistakes. He's adept at shifting blame - tired players make mistakes, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

For all the shite that occurred yesterday, and understandable frustrations, I'd love if he masterminded a win against Arsenal lol

The only thing he's likely to be "masterminding" is to walk out of here without losing any of his outlandish salary money..

Hate to say it, but I'm slowly turning :wave:

Yesterdays negative formation and substitution baffles me!

Also starting to think his cries for a squad rebuild after the Forest game , knowing it wasn't going to be the case gives him a freebie season or excuse.

Taken us as far as he can ? Don't get me wrong, credit where its due - FA Cup win and Europa league qualification is amazing and exactly where we need to be at....i just think were drifting.   

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Why do you need 12 more matches... we have last season to consider?

The reality is the board will need as many matches as humanly possible because we are so skint that paying him off isn't an option.

Now the financial situation is a lot clearer it makes a lot of sense why he wasn't given the boot during last seasons horrendous run.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

The reality is the board will need as many matches as humanly possible because we are so skint that paying him off isn't an option.

Now the financial situation is a lot clearer it makes a lot of sense why he wasn't given the boot during last seasons horrendous run.

I think we could just continue to wage him over the remaining contract term... ,(unless he wsnts to compromise)... of course our options depend  on his contract and we hsve previous 

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I think we could just continue to wage him over the remaining contract term... ,(unless he wsnts to compromise)... of course our options depend  on his contract and we hsve previous 

I don't think its feasible. We've just shifted 130k a week off the budget and by all accounts we need to shift more to even think of considering any signings. 

Having Rodgers hefty wage on top of a new managers decent wage would make us unable to function.

Financially unless we want to break the rules, we are screwed. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I don't think its feasible. We've just shifted 130k a week off the budget and by all accounts we need to shift more to even think of considering any signings. 

Having Rodgers hefty wage on top of a new managers decent wage would make us unable to function.

Financially unless we want to break the rules, we are screwed. 

Can you explsin the detail of why you say that? Is it the current ffp or the new pne starting next year... or is is cashflow .    I cant tie down what is limoting us this summer. 

Further  the reality is that rodgers payoff will be ameliorated by wages from his next employer (... if our contracts are tight!!!)

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Can you explsin the detail of why you say that? Is it the current ffp or the new pne starting next year... or is is cashflow .    I cant tie down what is limoting us this summer. 

Further  the reality is that rodgers payoff will be ameliorated by wages from his next employer (... if our contracts are tight!!!)

Its FFP - essentially we need to drop our wage spend from 90% - 50/60% over the next 3 years. 

Just now, Dames said:

Its FFP - essentially we need to drop our wage spend from 90% - 50/60% over the next 3 years. 

Yes... but that starts in 23/24.

We have a shed load of contracts up.by then.  It is to be limited to.90% of revenue... so clubs will still make losses an non player costs exceed 10% of revenue. ( i expect we will spead transfer fees and commissions over the lifetime of the contracts)

Of course we dont know exactly what 23/24 revenue will be... pl money at minimum + tickets and sponsorships.  Do you know what our current player costs (wages and depreciated purchase fees) v revenue are?  I can't see if this is or is not the prob

If you play certain games ie fifa or pes for example, they tend to give you a target finish for the season either top 10 or europe or a trophy maybe. What do people think Brendons objectives for this season are that have been set by the club? 

I reckon he can have a pretty poor season by our expectations because of the finances.... in which case anybody wanting to see the back of him might be disappointed. 

6 minutes ago, Scoobyrob said:

If you play certain games ie fifa or pes for example, they tend to give you a target finish for the season either top 10 or europe or a trophy maybe. What do people think Brendons objectives for this season are that have been set by the club? 

I reckon he can have a pretty poor season by our expectations because of the finances.... in which case anybody wanting to see the back of him might be disappointed. 

"We'd be happy just to stay in the league" :ph34r:

• Haha 1

If the club want Pochettino as their next manager, I could warm to it...he wouldn't be my first choice, but he got experience of the EPL and now Europe.

He can build a team on a limited budget but he was poor in recruitment and results towards the final year at Spurs.

He was linked with the ManU job but they went for Ten Hag who may struggle as he only experience is in the Dutch league and the media seems to gone abit hush on the Messiah at Old Trafford.

Also we do seem to get ex Southampton managers in Pearson and Puel

10 minutes ago, Scoobyrob said:

Owner and Rodgers have already said, the aim is to compete for the European spots.

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If the club want Pochettino as their next manager, I could warm to it...he wouldn't be my first choice, but he got experience of the EPL and now Europe.

He can build a team on a limited budget but he was poor in recruitment and results towards the final year at Spurs.

He was linked with the ManU job but they went for Ten Hag who may struggle as he only experience is in the Dutch league and the media seems to gone abit hush on the Messiah at Old Trafford.

Also we do seem to get ex Southampton managers in Pearson and Puel

Where does it say they’d want Poch?? 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Owner and Rodgers have already said, the aim is to compete for the European spots.

Without a doubt but my guess is that a 14th place finish, 5 points above the drop and he'd still keep his job. I may be wrong though.