Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It's his own fault the club aren't doing any business, he's bloated the squad and wage bill with crap that can't be shifted. Is it a coincidence that at both Leicester and Celtic the respective clubs have had their highest and crucially unsustainable wage bills under him.

not forgetting his own wages aswell! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Madness. We might not be performing to full potential but even then I think we're good enough to still challenge for Europe or finish 7th/8th. 

Rookie keeper,

Mentally weak defence that ships goal for fun,

Fantastic prospect about to leave,

Ageing striker that, as much as he's brilliant, is unfortunately nearing the end,

Injuries already and back up that the manager ignores or doesn't rate,

The manager, don't need to elaborate on this one,

Supporters very close to turning on him ,if they haven't already,

No new players unless we can shift some,but that doesn't seem to be happening yet(still hopeful 🤞)

Could be other things

So yes, I don't think we're in good shape atm and could get dragged into a battle with a squad that lacks leaders.

Happy(or delighted)to be proved wrong next May but fear we could be one of those established clubs that struggles after 1 bad season

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I was getting frustrated with some slow build-up, or more to the point a lack of any sort of counter attack when we won the ball back in good positions.

It’s also obvious that when we score we retreat and relax, rather than put teams to the sword. We did play well in those 65 minutes, no doubting that, but we have to learn to kill teams that are on their knees, rather than assume that patient, controlled football is going to see a game out. If we score at home we should be using that atmosphere and buzz to push us on to get another.

I think the heat played a part in slowing things down which made it even more bewildering as to why fresh legs weren't introduced. I got the Daka substitution in the sense that he'd allow us to have another body further forward to press, chase down but just assumed we'd bring on Mendy, Praet, Albrighton etc to see us home and replace the wearier midfielders who had put in a lot of work. We noticably played poorer passes from around 60-65 minutes which stopped us getting forward and should've signalled changes.

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Need a contingency plan if you intend to sack a Manager.Who are the alternatives and can the club even afford to pay Rodgers off ?

Not my problem. and even if I did have the answers no one at the club would take any notice of me. I don't have to have any contingency plan to air my opinion that he has to go that's not how it works.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

So they are as good as each other then, it was a draw lol

One team was two nil down the other was coasting it. The team two nil down had a manager who knew what to do so changed his team around and made enough substitutes to outrun and outplay the team who were two nil up to get a draw. Where the previously two nil-up team made one ridiculous sub and folded like a deckchair. Not really as good as each other eh?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

One team was two nil down the other was coasting it. The team two nil down had a manager who knew what to do so changed his team around and made enough substitutes to outrun and outplay the team who were two nil up to get a draw. Where the previously two nil-up team made one ridiculous sub and folded like a deckchair. Not really as good as each other eh?

Another one add to the list.

12 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yeah Frank did well to change it up to get the draw, but lets not act like Brentford weren't poor for 60 minutes as well which was why we were able to be 2-0 up and pretty comfortable in the first place

Edited by moore_94

Still gutted after yesterday but I don’t see that Top will sack Brendan this season unless there is a steep decline in results. He has delivered him silverware and outside 2015/16 the best league finishes since the early 1960’s.

I am sure we will win enough games to be comfortably mid table….at least. Yes, Brendan needs to get a grip, forget sending messages and use the likes of Kels, Cags and Praet in situations like yesterday.

I expect there will be games we should win that we draw and games we should draw that we will lose. 

I think he will see out this season and there will be a mutual decision to part if we slide below mid table. 

there is enough to be positive about. Continued emergence of KDH, Madders carrying on from the end of last season and showing Southgate he has to pick him for Qatar. Barnes, Youri, Wes will want a WC Cup place.

We just need the transfer window to close now, so we can get rid of the distractions  and crack on.

Still baffled by yesterday and pretty grumpy about it which isn't like me. It got me thinking. Especially, having been on social media and seen many articles about the latest dramas unfolding in the transfer market. 😱

Maybe, Rodgers wanted to show the club's making offers for our better players that they best get a move on with meeting our clubs prices as he will continue to play them for 90mins. Risking injury to said players. 

Yeah, I agree, people put too much into the "if we only had made the CL" business.

We would've gone in the groups 4th seeds and more probably than not crashed out in the groups stage, it wouldn't be like 2016 where we were first seeds and got a Europa League level group.

Ultimately I don't think we'd have made *that* much from the CL, the CL doesn't pay as well as the PL and we got some of that revenue through the EL and going deep into the ECL anyway, and our wage bill probably would still have needed to be trimmed.

The CL money isn't worth that much in comparison to EL money if you only make it once. It's making the CL regularly that pays.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah Frank did well to change it up to get the draw, but lets not act like Brentford weren't poor for 60 minutes as well which was why we were able to be 2-0 up and pretty comfortable in the first place

They were poor which in itself makes it even worse.

25 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yeah, I agree, people put too much into the "if we only had made the CL" business.

We would've gone in the groups 4th seeds and more probably than not crashed out in the groups stage, it wouldn't be like 2016 where we were first seeds and got a Europa League level group.

Ultimately I don't think we'd have made *that* much from the CL, the CL doesn't pay as well as the PL and we got some of that revenue through the EL and going deep into the ECL anyway, and our wage bill probably would still have needed to be trimmed.

The CL money isn't worth that much in comparison to EL money if you only make it once. It's making the CL regularly that pays.

It may have brought better recruitment in terms of quality of player but you need sustained Champions League football to really grow. We should've qualified at least once, probably twice, but we have a ceiling unfortunately.

Would've been a great experience but doubt we'd have done a lot. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
5 hours ago, Dusty said:

Christ why are people playing catch phrase in here.  

Yeah, but if you see it, say it

👍

4 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It's his own fault the club aren't doing any business, he's bloated the squad and wage bill with crap that can't be shifted. Is it a coincidence that at both Leicester and Celtic the respective clubs have had their highest and crucially unsustainable wage bills under him.

His idea of a challenge tends to effect his judgement on players. It’s happen everywhere. Don’t get me wrong, his hit some gems (Scott Sinclair for Swansea and Celtic, Coutinho). However too often it just doesn’t work. He must’ve had insight on the Vestegaard signing. Otherwise, why is he still here. He should’ve quit on principle if the club signed the guy without Brendan speaking up. Vestegaard is the most anti Brendan style defender you can find. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think it would be much different. We'd have probably gambled on the extra revenue CL would have e gotten us over EL in the group stages which was worth a couple of players max but all other things being equal our injury problems would have been even more exposed in the CL, our set pieces issues ran deeper than just losing Fofana and thr new FFP rules would be hurting us the same unless we somehow qualified for Europe again, if anything we'd be worse off because we'd have recruited more last summer on better quality and likely paid them even more.

I would agree though that had we qualified for the CL in both years we might be in a completely different position.

One of the benefits of getting into CL that you missed out is that we keep one of the big 6 out of it for a season. They lose the ability to attract and hold onto better managers and players and then we would be able to gain a foothold similar to how spurs did. You can see it with Man United where 1 season without CL and they're unable to attract the calibre of player they want, leaving the door open for Spurs and Arsenal. If we get CL in our first season under Rodgers then potentially Chelsea dont qualify to win it the following season, I think the margins are finer than you are making out.

There's also the benefits of being able to ask for more money for our players as well as our players being less un settled and more committed to giving it all on the pitch. Rodgers would probably be in a better mood and give moaners like myself less ammunition to be negative about him.

I also think that being in the champions league even once would increase our revenue stream, on top of the group stage money we would be able to negotiate better deals with sponsors and also increase the size of our global fan base.

Apart from the butterfly effect potentially leading us to not win the FA cup i think the positives of playing in the UCL vastly outweigh the negatives.

Currently the gap between us and the big 6 is as big as it was when Rodgers joined, whereas there was a brief period where we could genuinely claim to be better than Spurs and Arsenal.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AKCJ said:

It's like saying you'd jump off a wall blindfolded because there might be a big net ready to catch your fall despite people telling you there isn't one.

There aren't any managers out there that have done what Rodgers has done in the game that is willing to come to a Leicester side in need of a rebuild. 

A change for the sake of change almost never works in football. 

I don't want him sacked because he still has three years left of his £10m a year contract, with no obvious replacement it's probably best to keep going with him and hope he turns things around.

However I was really hoping Man Utd came in for him when they were linked. Getting rid of him with some compensation thrown in would have been excellent. 

He started here brilliantly playing some of the best football (if not thee best) I've ever seen at Leicester. Since that first year or so he has took the team backwards, elite managers don't really do that. From looking like a team we could never improve on if we got a RW to this mediocre rabble. This looks like the end of an era for us and I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose all our top players over the next 12 months.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

i’m not sure i agree. It’s a similar easing of profile as you get when you move up from the championship to the prem. The pool of players that’s suddenly consider you viable is much bigger. We wouldn’t have been picking up deadwood from prem teams. So many options could have come our way. Even more so than when we won the league in truth as we are far more established.

I think it also mentally hit a lot of our squad for 6. 

The what it moment for me was bournemouth rather than spurs but with that we may well have gone for someone established rather than lil wes. 

Football is all what ifs, but surely you can see what the champions league can do for a club. 

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

His idea of a challenge tends to effect his judgement on players. It’s happen everywhere. Don’t get me wrong, his hit some gems (Scott Sinclair for Swansea and Celtic, Coutinho). However too often it just doesn’t work. He must’ve had insight on the Vestegaard signing. Otherwise, why is he still here. He should’ve quit on principle if the club signed the guy without Brendan speaking up. Vestegaard is the most anti Brendan style defender you can find

A serious, though admittedly slightly facetious, question. What is Brendan 's style anymore? I can't fathom what he is actually trying to do with the team other than possibly just playing slow possession football in the hope of boring the opposition to death. There are no discernible tactics or style. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Incognito said:

Yes! Purely for the return of "Good eee-buh-ning" in his post match interviews.

That's both funny and interesting...linguistically, that is. The Spanish don't differentiate distinctly between 'b' and 'v'. So he's thinking it's ok English.  

• Thanks 1