Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

12 minutes ago, gerblod said:

That's both funny and interesting...linguistically, that is. The Spanish don't differentiate distinctly between 'b' and 'v'. So he's thinking it's ok English.  

Thanks. Winds me up when people take the mick out of this.

Usually by people at a Spanish bar speaking slow English holding up three fingers going, ‘three beers mate’

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

He started here brilliantly playing some of the best football (if not the best) I've ever seen at Leicester. Since that first year or so he has took the team backwards, elite managers don't really do that. From looking like a team we could never improve on if we got a RW to this mediocre rabble. This looks like the end of an era for us and I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose all our top players over the next 12 months.

One could attribute what you describe as "starting here brilliantly", as new manager 'bounce' and inheriting talented players. I believe the players reacted to his natural affability and the results reflected that. Now they know his less positive traits and his weaknesses and realise that whatever effort and ability they devote to a game, his decisions will nullify their input.

He's a bit of a snake-oil salesman - the 'cheques in the post' kind. The media are playing the Fofana - Chelsea story for all its worth. £90m would solve a lot of the difficulties hovering around the team and club finances, but it might well lead to a diaspora of our key talents.

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Big clubs are not going to hire Rodgers, no way.  He's our problem and we're not going to be bailed out of it.

its just like a new episode of Eastenders, but its everyday.

• Haha 1

It’s weird isn’t it, the longer he stays here and, following the logic from the last two years, has no idea how to turn it round then the more he hurts his prospects of ever getting a top job again. Unless he’s resigned to the notion he won’t, and his happy to extract every penny he can out the club. It seems like his ending here will taint his reputation at the club but that’s his own doing ultimately. Such a shame he didn’t leave for Man U and we could have got the likes of Potter in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

It’s weird isn’t it, the longer he stays here and, following the logic from the last two years, has no idea how to turn it round then the more he hurts his prospects of ever getting a top job again. Unless he’s resigned to the notion he won’t, and his happy to extract every penny he can out the club. It seems like his ending here will taint his reputation at the club but that’s his own doing ultimately. Such a shame he didn’t leave for Man U and we could have got the likes of Potter in. 

I honestly thought we would have parted ways mutually in the summer, it just seemed to suit both parties.

If that had happened it would have slipped under the radar to a degree in the summer and his reputation would have been intact. He's seen as a top manager who has succeeded here and would stand a good chance of getting a top job the next time one came up. However the longer this drags out the more toxic it will become and the media might start to twig that he's not all that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

He is kind of in a win win situation at the minute. If things don't go well and he gets sacked, it will be seen as he hadn't been able to have the shake up that he told everyone we needed  because he hadn't been backed  and if we pick up and do well, it will be looked on as doing well without having been backed. In fact there were a couple of pundits last week who have already said that the owners had let Rodgers down by not backing him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

A pretty good source told me yesterday that all is not well in the camp. There’s a general disgruntlement towards one Mr. Rodgers.

I am not surprised tbh, the sooner he leaves the better. When is the next International Break? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

A pretty good source told me yesterday that all is not well in the camp. There’s a general disgruntlement towards one Mr. Rodgers.

Unfortunately no matter how unhappy they are they won't be able to get him out. We are definitely way too skint to pay him off so we're stuck. 

Unhappy manager, unhappy squad, unhappy fans - All a recipe for success... The board have had an absolute mare. 

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

Unfortunately no matter how unhappy they are they won't be able to get him out. We are definitely way too skint to pay him off so we're stuck. 

Unhappy manager, unhappy squad, unhappy fans - All a recipe for success... The board have had an absolute mare. 

While the board deserves some degree of blame for the crazy contracts that have been dished out, it's not really their fault that FFP laws have changed to penalise what has been absolutely fine up until now.

I do think, if it comes to it, there will be some sort of 'mutual agreement' which means he leaves with a payoff short of what's left on his full contract.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sampson said:

**** me! Can’t believe people think we could genuinely go down. We’re likely in for a mediocre mid-table season no doubt, but how much of a pessimist do you have to be to think we could genuinely get relegated.

Who thinks we’re going down?

If you think my picture of Martinez was alluding to that then you couldn’t be more wrong. All I was pointing out was that you don’t have to be a brilliant manager to win The FA Cup. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Who thinks we’re going down?

If you think my picture of Martinez was alluding to that then you couldn’t be more wrong. All I was pointing out was that you don’t have to be a brilliant manager to win The FA Cup. 

By way of comparison, did Martinez ever get Everton finishing 5th twice? 

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i’m not sure i agree. It’s a similar easing of profile as you get when you move up from the championship to the prem. The pool of players that’s suddenly consider you viable is much bigger. We wouldn’t have been picking up deadwood from prem teams. So many options could have come our way. Even more so than when we won the league in truth as we are far more established.

I think it also mentally hit a lot of our squad for 6. 

The what it moment for me was bournemouth rather than spurs but with that we may well have gone for someone established rather than lil wes. 

Football is all what ifs, but surely you can see what the champions league can do for a club. 

He's right, it means very little as a one off. Look at the crap we signed when we 1st seeds. Going into a draw as 4th seeds would most likely have seen us crash out the group stage in 3rd place. Although given we struggled against much worse teams than you'd find in the Champions league, maybe we'd have finished 4th.

Also what is your point with regards to Fofana? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there?

As much as I think Rodgers has run his course here I think its unfair of the club to sell his best goal keeper, his best defender and probably best midfielder and not replace them adequately.

I mean we're looking at going from Kasper to Ward, Fofana to Mings and Tielemans to Winks. Its hideous. I know we haven't sold two of the players yet but its really only a matter of time now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dames said:

Sorry but I  quite happy....

I still keep to Rodgers..& you will find the silent majority are not so the nego-FTs

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

As much as I think Rodgers has run his course here I think its unfair of the club to sell his best goal keeper, his best defender and probably best midfielder and not replace them adequately.

I mean we're looking at going from Kasper to Ward, Fofana to Mings and Tielemans to Winks. Its hideous. I know we haven't sold two of the players yet but its really only a matter of time now. 

Kasper leaving was on the cards for a while. He was only talking about wanting a move in January. He was always set to leave regardless of the situation.

What is odd is the way he left, it was sudden and abrupt. Which would indicate he just wanted to go. You’d think after 11 years he would have come out to a big send off… very strange that one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

We're not replacing Fofana and Tielemans with Mings and Winks. That's either pure hysteria or Chinese whispers.

This may of been asked before but why oh why did we make only one substitution on Sunday and wrong one at that. 
Brentford made all 5 of theirs at strategic times of the game. We bring Daka on for KDH. 

It was obvious Maddison was shattered from about the 70th minute. 5 at the back wasn’t working. Vardy looked leggy. Even Ndidi looked exhausted.  We had no width. 
When Brentford  pulled goal back we did nothing to change the course of the game. 
Rodgers was completely at fault but won’t admit it.

• Like 3

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Sorry but I  quite happy....

I still keep to Rodgers..& you will find the silent majority are not so the nego-FTs

I think you'd find most fans whilst not unhappy with the manager are unhappy or at least concerned that we've made absolutely 0 additions to the squad this summer. That unhappiness can spiral real fast.