Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Lesterlad said:

This may of been asked before but why oh why did we make only one substitution on Sunday and wrong one at that. 
Brentford made all 5 of theirs at strategic times of the game. We bring Daka on for KDH. 

It was obvious Maddison was shattered from about the 70th minute. 5 at the back wasn’t working. Vardy looked leggy. Even Ndidi looked exhausted.  We had no width. 
When Brentford  pulled goal back we did nothing to change the course of the game. 
Rodgers was completely at fault but won’t admit it.

Yes I think you may find it has been asked before 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

We're not replacing Fofana and Tielemans with Mings and Winks. That's either pure hysteria or Chinese whispers.

We're seeing a lot of our supposed targets get snapped up every week that passes. The later we leave it and we'll be bargain bin shopping as we won't want ripping off.

Mings and Winks on loan are very realistic possibilities to just get us through the season. 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

By way of comparison, did Martinez ever get Everton finishing 5th twice? 

Because you’re asking, I’m assuming not. 

Irrespective of that though, Rodgers’ hey day here is well and truly in the past. You can’t hang on to a manager because he was good for us once upon a time. 

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

As much as I think Rodgers has run his course here I think its unfair of the club to sell his best goal keeper, his best defender and probably best midfielder and not replace them adequately.

I mean we're looking at going from Kasper to Ward, Fofana to Mings and Tielemans to Winks. Its hideous. I know we haven't sold two of the players yet but its really only a matter of time now. 

Shouldn't have bottled those top 4 finishes when they were well withing our grasp. Would've been backed then 

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Shouldn't have bottled those top 4 finishes when they were well withing our grasp. Would've been backed then 

That's all conjecture and as much as I slate him for not getting those top 4 finishes we arguably could be in a worse position due to the FFP changes. Either way he's still been backed and mistakes have been made but the tightening of the belt this summer is extreme to say the least. 

25 minutes ago, Dames said:

Unfortunately no matter how unhappy they are they won't be able to get him out. We are definitely way too skint to pay him off so we're stuck. 

Unhappy manager, unhappy squad, unhappy fans - All a recipe for success... The board have had an absolute mare. 

It's not always the case that sacking a manager means that the entirety of his contract is paid off. There may be a clause to cap it a one years salary or both parties may negotiate an amount to stop things getting ugly or dragging on.

Regardless though, you are probably right that we can't afford it either way, such is our current financial predicament.

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

From the board or from the squad?

Squad. I’m wondering if this is why Kaspers exit although not unexpected, was very sudden and abrupt…. Seems odd that your club captain and club legend just ups and goes without a proper goodbye. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Who thinks we’re going down?

If you think my picture of Martinez was alluding to that then you couldn’t be more wrong. All I was pointing out was that you don’t have to be a brilliant manager to win The FA Cup. 

I think Martinez is better than he's given credit for, wouldn't be totally against him becoming our manager. Winning the FA Cup with Wigan is a bigger achievement then winning it with Leicester. He got Everton into Europe once or twice too, so he wouldn't actually be that bad a shout. He's also the exact profile of manager that the club normally go for. 

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

good news - can you say more?

Literally all that was said, that the players aren’t happy with Rodgers at the moment. 

If what was said was true, and things don’t improve, it will be only a matter of time until he’s lost the dressing room completely. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

over 50% still want Rodgers after the last match - I am baffled.  Why do you want more of this?

It will just continue until something gives. Nothing has or will change in terms of Team performances. I feel, and of course I might be wrong, that the team reflect the manager. They also feed off the manager if they truly believe in him. I don’t think our team do anymore. 

It might take more games, but I can see us getting battered in some upcoming games if we keep showing this willingness to collapse. 

Just think it’s time for a change really. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

What is his salary ? When does his contract end ? 

About £200k/week and he's got about 3 years left (2025). There'll be all sorts of loyalty bonuses and competitve bonuses in there, too.

Edited by Beechey
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

This may of been asked before but why oh why did we make only one substitution on Sunday and wrong one at that. 
Brentford made all 5 of theirs at strategic times of the game. We bring Daka on for KDH. 

It was obvious Maddison was shattered from about the 70th minute. 5 at the back wasn’t working. Vardy looked leggy. Even Ndidi looked exhausted.  We had no width. 
When Brentford  pulled goal back we did nothing to change the course of the game. 
Rodgers was completely at fault but won’t admit it.

No one else in the prem used less than 3 subs, and 8 teams used 4 or 5.

• Like 1