Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

19 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

over 50% still want Rodgers after the last match - I am baffled.  Why do you want more of this?

Because I said..I would give him with his choices until World cup ..

This first game we saw a performance,& players who wanted to be out there...In all the Grrrr-Rodgers campaign, you all forget we played well!!  But you lot carry on & feed the media frenzy...instead of first supporting your own club in the first few games at least....

Many of you couldn't wait to get those knives out...and bring out your miserable thoughts...I enjoyed this first game...I aint going to bring out the lynch-mob on first game thoughts..

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The ffp situation with high earners being a problem could well have ramifications within the squad

Players being forced out (in their eyes) whilst the manager is 40k/week more than our highest paid player and 100k+ more than most of them ….

100%. Imagine being someone like Cags and Brendan is getting paid that.

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The ffp situation with high earners being a problem could well have ramifications within the squad

Players being forced out (in their eyes) whilst the manager is 40k/week more than our highest paid player and 100k+ more than most of them ….

You are just guessing, who has been forced out? 

18 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Yes... but that starts in 23/24.

We have a shed load of contracts up.by then.  It is to be limited to.90% of revenue... so clubs will still make losses an non player costs exceed 10% of revenue. ( i expect we will spead transfer fees and commissions over the lifetime of the contracts)

Of course we dont know exactly what 23/24 revenue will be... pl money at minimum + tickets and sponsorships.  Do you know what our current player costs (wages and depreciated purchase fees) v revenue are?  I can't see if this is or is not the prob

If you track back the spend on just wages from 2017/18 it becomes abundantly clear that the money being spent on wages, forget amortisation and agent fees was way above the levels that made any sense

2017/18 74.9%

2018/19 83.8%

2019/20 105%

2020/21 84.9%

This isn’t about changes to FFP it’s the simple fact that no matter which way you look at it the players are being paid too much and when you add in the fees being paid out that has just about balanced out because of huge fees extracted for about six or so departures.If you have one season where you cant just about offset the player trading costs both out and in then the FFP calculations are going to be on a knife edge.

We need to face facts here Leicesters finances are a basket case . Loans maxed out from the owners, transfer fee debt sold on, no EL football. Leicester need an injection of cash and that will only come from transfers out 

Leicesters relationships with factoring companies is costing a fortune and whilst many clubs sell on the money owed to then for transfers out when the interest paid is accounting for around 50% of matchday income you know it’s way too much

The fact that there wasn’t any transfer debt to factor out in 21/22 must be hurting cash low although on the positive interest paid out will probably have dropped.Over the last two reported trading years some £112 million in total was made by way of player trading profit. FFP is an issue but 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Because I said..I would give him with his choices until World cup ..

This first game we saw a performance,& players who wanted to be out there...In all the Grrrr-Rodgers campaign, you all forget we played well!!  But you lot carry on & feed the media frenzy...instead of first supporting your own club in the first few games at least....

Many of you couldn't wait to get those knives out...and bring out your miserable thoughts...I enjoyed this first game...I aint going to bring out the lynch-mob on first game thoughts..

I agree we play well and look sharp in first 60min.

I had a bellyful of rodger style of play and his deflecting last season.  I am beyond giving him more time.  Even if we won the next 5 games 10 nil i  still don't think hes the right guy at the top.

• Like 1

Rodgers to get the boot after a Puel-esque run in:

Puel’s final 10 games included:

4 points from 4 games against the big 6

Lost to Southampton at home

Lost to 2 promoted sides

Lost to Newport in the cup

Smashed by Palace at home

Our next 11 games includes:

4 games against the big 6

Southampton at home

2 of the promoted sides

A cup game

Palace at home for the 11th game

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

This might surprise some but I've cooled down and wondered back from the edge. I'm back on the fence.  Not that I don't think he got it wrong against Brentford (I'm wedded to that belief) and not that I don't believe he's arrogant and cannot even see, let alone acknowledge,  his mistakes. I don't even fall into the 'who else would we get?' camp, nor believe that we ought keep him because of his undeniable record with us.

IF the lack of subs was a petulant stamp of the feet then I'm prepared to let that slide. So long as he feels he's made his point and is prepared to move on.  I'm effectively wiping the slate clean. 

We've a tough sequence of games ahead. I'm going to be looking at what he does, particularly how he uses the squad, for those games. Any silly bugger stuff and I reckon I'll turn again. 

5 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

If you track back the spend on just wages from 2017/18 it becomes abundantly clear that the money being spent on wages, forget amortisation and agent fees was way above the levels that made any sense

2017/18 74.9%

2018/19 83.8%

2019/20 105%

2020/21 84.9%

This isn’t about changes to FFP it’s the simple fact that no matter which way you look at it the players are being paid too much and when you add in the fees being paid out that has just about balanced out because of huge fees extracted for about six or so departures.If you have one season where you cant just about offset the player trading costs both out and in then the FFP calculations are going to be on a knife edge.

We need to face facts here Leicesters finances are a basket case . Loans maxed out from the owners, transfer fee debt sold on, no EL football. Leicester need an injection of cash and that will only come from transfers out 

Leicesters relationships with factoring companies is costing a fortune and whilst many clubs sell on the money owed to then for transfers out when the interest paid is accounting for around 50% of matchday income you know it’s way too much

The fact that there wasn’t any transfer debt to factor out in 21/22 must be hurting cash low although on the positive interest paid out will probably have dropped.Over the last two reported trading years some £112 million in total was made by way of player trading profit. FFP is an issue but 

Thats really interesting... are the %s against revenue?

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Based on last season would you pay him more? 

No I wouldn’t but look at our wage structure.

He is apparently on less than Hamza, tell me you could stay motivated knowing that.

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not to mention its difficult to brush under the carpet the public admission that this squad needed revamping and we haven't been able to do that. So certain players will know he doesn't really believe in them and yet they're still here and when you see him only make 1 sub it'll compound that in some players minds. It's little things like that that build and build and why managers lose effectiveness the longer they are here, its very difficult for a manager to get 25 players to remind totally motivated, confident and committed year in, year out. He's got a massive job on his hands, we need thst seige mentality to be garnered this year and dig in, I hope we can do it otherwise I fear for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taupe said:

This might surprise some but I've cooled down and wondered back from the edge. I'm back on the fence.  Not that I don't think he got it wrong against Brentford (I'm wedded to that belief) and not that I don't believe he's arrogant and cannot even see, let alone acknowledge,  his mistakes. I don't even fall into the 'who else would we get?' camp, nor believe that we ought keep him because of his undeniable record with us.

IF the lack of subs was a petulant stamp of the feet then I'm prepared to let that slide. So long as he feels he's made his point and is prepared to move on.  I'm effectively wiping the slate clean. 

We've a tough sequence of games ahead. I'm going to be looking at what he does, particularly how he uses the squad, for those games. Any silly bugger stuff and I reckon I'll turn again. 

Dude, its not about one game... its about belief in his leadership.  The moral perogative of leadership requires care of those you ask to perform.  I once kidteb to norman shwartzkoff ecplain how he talked to trrops who he was ordering into battle. 

I dont think Rodgers is a guy i would follow into the gents... let alone in battle 

58 minutes ago, Dames said:

As much as I think Rodgers has run his course here I think its unfair of the club to sell his best goal keeper, his best defender and probably best midfielder and not replace them adequately.

I mean we're looking at going from Kasper to Ward, Fofana to Mings and Tielemans to Winks. Its hideous. I know we haven't sold two of the players yet but its really only a matter of time now. 

...Kasper has spoken before about leaving and going elsewhere, it did seem strange how quickly he was out of the door!!!

If it pans out, the timing of the Fofana saga is down to Chelsea needing someone right now, set up for a big price for us. and Tielemans has contrived a situation that suits his purpose.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

No one else in the prem used less than 3 subs, and 8 teams used 4 or 5.

It’s ridiculous. Why do people still class him as a good manager?  He got into Europe twice off Puels teams. Yes he won the fa cup but so did Wigan and look where they are 

8 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

So any cash from the sale of Fofana (say) might not go into a transfer kitty? 

I thought we were well run. Have we shot our load? Have we now a top 6/CL wage bill without the matching results? 

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Dude, its not about one game... its about belief in his leadership. 

That's what I'm saying. I've wiped the slate of past results (good and bad) and I'm looking directly at him for the next 6 or 10 games. 

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Rodgers to get the boot after a Puel-esque run in:

Puel’s final 10 games included:

4 points from 4 games against the big 6

Lost to Southampton at home

Lost to 2 promoted sides

Lost to Newport in the cup

Smashed by Palace at home

Our next 11 games includes:

4 games against the big 6

Southampton at home

2 of the promoted sides

A cup game

Palace at home for the 11th game

I have Wolves Away marked down as the one

Let's all take  this further....

Top & the best owners we have ever had...O U T..!!!

If Rodgers is answerable

Then so are they...!!!

For keeping him & not throwing him out..!!!

You Dozels..!!  You don't understand the whole situation...but you want your pound of meat....Because you don't like the guy..!!   Like a lot of sperm after self gratification....Nowhere to go..!!

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

That money is insane!

It's really shining a spotlight on our current issues isn't it. He's 3 years left on it as well and the knowledge that even if he is still here in a few years, he'll get nowhere near the same money again as its astronomical for a club outside the big 6 to pay their manager that. 

1 hour ago, Dames said:

We're seeing a lot of our supposed targets get snapped up every week that passes. The later we leave it and we'll be bargain bin shopping as we won't want ripping off.

Mings and Winks on loan are very realistic possibilities to just get us through the season. 

....no one coming in unless bodies go out the door!!!

If we could have brought someone in who could have made a difference, then we would.