Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

No I wouldn’t but look at our wage structure.

He is apparently on less than Hamza, tell me you could stay motivated knowing that.

Cags is a strange situation that's hard to understand. He's refused a new Contract 3 years ago choosing to run down his Contract.

By doing so he's cost himself 3 million or more in Income.  I just wonder what his thinking is.

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Rodgers to get the boot after a Puel-esque run in:

Puel’s final 10 games included:

4 points from 4 games against the big 6

Lost to Southampton at home

Lost to 2 promoted sides

Lost to Newport in the cup

Smashed by Palace at home

Our next 11 games includes:

4 games against the big 6

Southampton at home

2 of the promoted sides

A cup game

Palace at home for the 11th game

Good work!!! 

25 minutes ago, taupe said:

This might surprise some but I've cooled down and wondered back from the edge. I'm back on the fence.  Not that I don't think he got it wrong against Brentford (I'm wedded to that belief) and not that I don't believe he's arrogant and cannot even see, let alone acknowledge,  his mistakes. I don't even fall into the 'who else would we get?' camp, nor believe that we ought keep him because of his undeniable record with us.

IF the lack of subs was a petulant stamp of the feet then I'm prepared to let that slide. So long as he feels he's made his point and is prepared to move on.  I'm effectively wiping the slate clean. 

We've a tough sequence of games ahead. I'm going to be looking at what he does, particularly how he uses the squad, for those games. Any silly bugger stuff and I reckon I'll turn again. 

Im 100% the same as you- he does have some absolute clangers- that kdh sub on sunday was almost laughable if it hadnt cost us 2 points- iv only just calmed after that one- my old man is still fuming as he loves kdh dearly- got to give him a few months and see how he does- we arent getting relegated with rodgers in charge so watch what you wish for- that being said less mistakes like sunday would be nice

24 minutes ago, taupe said:

This might surprise some but I've cooled down and wondered back from the edge. I'm back on the fence.  Not that I don't think he got it wrong against Brentford (I'm wedded to that belief) and not that I don't believe he's arrogant and cannot even see, let alone acknowledge,  his mistakes. I don't even fall into the 'who else would we get?' camp, nor believe that we ought keep him because of his undeniable record with us.

IF the lack of subs was a petulant stamp of the feet then I'm prepared to let that slide. So long as he feels he's made his point and is prepared to move on.  I'm effectively wiping the slate clean. 

We've a tough sequence of games ahead. I'm going to be looking at what he does, particularly how he uses the squad, for those games. Any silly bugger stuff and I reckon I'll turn again. 

If him putting the win in jeopardy by not using subs was on purpose then in my opinion that is far worse than him just being clueless. We have a really poor run of games coming up and those two points would have been vital for moral if things dont go our way from now on.

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Let's all take  this further....

Top & the best owners we have ever had...O U T..!!!

If Rodgers is answerable

Then so are they...!!!

For keeping him & not throwing him out..!!!

You Dozels..!!  You don't understand the whole situation...but you want your pound of meat....Because you don't like the guy..!!   Like a lot of sperm after self gratification....Nowhere to go..!!

But why stop there? Surely disbanding all football clubs everywhere is the natural extension of people not having faith in Brendan Rodgers?

16 minutes ago, taupe said:

That's what I'm saying. I've wiped the slate of past results (good and bad) and I'm looking directly at him for the next 6 or 10 games. 

That was how I approached the season, it lasted 80 minutes, I'm not going back he's done for me.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

That's all conjecture and as much as I slate him for not getting those top 4 finishes we arguably could be in a worse position due to the FFP changes. Either way he's still been backed and mistakes have been made but the tightening of the belt this summer is extreme to say the least. 

....obviously, the wages to revenue situation was going the wrong way!!!

The fact that we now have to pull ourselves back in line is a good thing, any continuation of the decimation of the required ratio was not going to be good for us.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

If you track back the spend on just wages from 2017/18 it becomes abundantly clear that the money being spent on wages, forget amortisation and agent fees was way above the levels that made any sense

2017/18 74.9%

2018/19 83.8%

2019/20 105%

2020/21 84.9%

This isn’t about changes to FFP it’s the simple fact that no matter which way you look at it the players are being paid too much and when you add in the fees being paid out that has just about balanced out because of huge fees extracted for about six or so departures.If you have one season where you cant just about offset the player trading costs both out and in then the FFP calculations are going to be on a knife edge.

We need to face facts here Leicesters finances are a basket case . Loans maxed out from the owners, transfer fee debt sold on, no EL football. Leicester need an injection of cash and that will only come from transfers out 

Leicesters relationships with factoring companies is costing a fortune and whilst many clubs sell on the money owed to then for transfers out when the interest paid is accounting for around 50% of matchday income you know it’s way too much

The fact that there wasn’t any transfer debt to factor out in 21/22 must be hurting cash low although on the positive interest paid out will probably have dropped.Over the last two reported trading years some £112 million in total was made by way of player trading profit. FFP is an issue but 

I can't get my head around how we're suddenly in this position. There are so many other clubs who I would imagine have a higher percentage of players on higher wages than us, don't perform as well as we do on the pitch, not to mention teams that splurge money on signings etc. 

Why are we seemingly the only club in a position where we need to sell for cash flow? Clubs like Villa, Everton, West Ham to name a couple before you get on to some of the big 6.

11 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Cags is a strange situation that's hard to understand. He's refused a new Contract 3 years ago choosing to run down his Contract.

By doing so he's cost himself 3 million or more in Income.  I just wonder what his thinking is.

He’ll get more than that next summer and he’s in control 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

I think Martinez is better than he's given credit for, wouldn't be totally against him becoming our manager. Winning the FA Cup with Wigan is a bigger achievement then winning it with Leicester. He got Everton into Europe once or twice too, so he wouldn't actually be that bad a shout. He's also the exact profile of manager that the club normally go for. 

....his image is what suits this club, but he has made a pretty poor fist of the Belgian team!!!

With all that talent available, he struggles to make it work, very much a manager with big limitations.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Dude, its not about one game... its about belief in his leadership.  The moral perogative of leadership requires care of those you ask to perform.  I once kidteb to norman shwartzkoff ecplain how he talked to trrops who he was ordering into battle. 

I dont think Rodgers is a guy i would follow into the gents... let alone in battle 

I generally avoid following anyone into the gents! (But I guess as everyone says on this forum: Everyone has their price.)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, taupe said:

So any cash from the sale of Fofana (say) might not go into a transfer kitty? 

I thought we were well run. Have we shot our load? Have we now a top 6/CL wage bill without the matching results? 

A lot would depend on who if any suitable replacements are currently out there. Absolutely pointless pissing money up the wall for the sake of it like Perez, Vestergaard and Bertrand's wages.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He’ll get more than that next summer and he’s in control 

Absolutely and I certainly wouldn't want to continue to play for a manager who persistently played me out of position and hang me out to dry. Whilst none of them are ever, for their own careers sake say it, some of the players might just feel that they're never going to develop further let alone win anything under Brent Rodgers. 

It's a job, they have to go where they feel their best prospects are plus finances. The fact that Soyuncu doesn't want to stay with us on decent wages might suggest it's own story. I'm sure he'll do a cracking job for someone else!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

over 50% still want Rodgers after the last match - I am baffled.  Why do you want more of this?

Funny thing is if Everton, Villa etc sacked their managers and we sacked Brendan than you can bet one of them would snap him up. I don't think anyone else has turned toxic about his  ability.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4everfox said:

I think Martinez is better than he's given credit for, wouldn't be totally against him becoming our manager. Winning the FA Cup with Wigan is a bigger achievement then winning it with Leicester. He got Everton into Europe once or twice too, so he wouldn't actually be that bad a shout. He's also the exact profile of manager that the club normally go for. 

I would absolutely be against him becoming our manager. He's horrendous. He had on paper a decent Everton time and made them substantially worse over time. They were an absolute disaster without the ball. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxdiamond said:

Funny thing is if Everton, Villa etc sacked their managers and we sacked Brendan than you can bet one of them would snap him up. I don't think anyone else has turned toxic about his  ability.

I dont care what they do.  When you bin your girlfriend do you care if she gets another guy?

The thing that bothers me about him going is that let's say we don't bring any players in and are stuck with pretty much the current squad, then you'd be daft to go for a manager who doesn't favour and have a track record with a 3-4-1-2. In which case that will then be the future for us and im not a fan.