Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing that bothers me about him going is that let's say we don't bring any players in and are stuck with pretty much the current squad, then you'd be daft to go for a manager who doesn't favour and have a track record with a 3-4-1-2. In which case that will then be the future for us and im not a fan.

Ric, with our cbs we should stick to 433

Just now, FLINTHAMFC said:

What do you mean starts winning cups. Pretty sure she won some cups here.

Then think before dumping. A little bit when Arsenal wanted Wenger out. Taken a while to restore anywhere near what fans wanted. Please understand I'm fed up but think we need to calm down a bit and see where we are in a few months

6 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Then think before dumping. A little bit when Arsenal wanted Wenger out. Taken a while to restore anywhere near what fans wanted. Please understand I'm fed up but think we need to calm down a bit and see where we are in a few months

Oh I completely agree, that was kind of my point. You don't ditch a chick who gives head because she makes a crappy cup of tea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

Oh I completely agree, that was kind of my point. You don't ditch a chick who gives head because she makes a crappy cup of tea.

But if you found one who made a good cup of tea and then sucked it back out of you...

(I need to lie down now)

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Potter or even, and this makes me feel dirty, Dyche. 

I mean Dyche would be right at home now that we haven’t got many pound notes. 

Come on. That ship has sailed. We're now a downgrade on Brighton. They have done way better on the transfer market and if Gross keeps scoring then they are adding what they missed last season - an end product. I can see no reason at all that Potter would consider moving to Leicester. Oh - the training ground is better, but that's not really a great draw, is it?  Compared with the limited resources available, we are pretty much on the same footing they are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Potter or even, and this makes me feel dirty, Dyche. 

I mean Dyche would be right at home now that we haven’t got many pound notes. 

...let's not go down the Dyche route!!!

We will be going backward, and although we are presently unhappy with our present incumbent, we can't throw away the positives by looking back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

He's right, it means very little as a one off. Look at the crap we signed when we 1st seeds. Going into a draw as 4th seeds would most likely have seen us crash out the group stage in 3rd place. Although given we struggled against much worse teams than you'd find in the Champions league, maybe we'd have finished 4th.

Also what is your point with regards to Fofana? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there?

I think that was once again us messing up on who we recruited though. We did have a great opportunity to sign good players, the ones we went for just didn’t work out. 

The point on wes, was the flip side. That I doubt we would have signed him if we had just got into the champions league, we likely would have gone for someone more established. I just wrote it poorly. 

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Agreed, He could have taken the money and still walked at the end of his contract. A bird in the hand comes to mind in a fickle industry.

....yes very strange, if he genuinely is on £40k per week then, signing another contract for double his wages, he still could have left whenever he wanted to!!!

Players sign long-term contracts and leave within a year of doing so. Money may not be a factor for him, the game may be paramount to him, some players are like that, we just do not tend to see it too often. The closest to this way of thinking would be African players, supporting their families in Africa or supporting the townships of their birth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Agreed, He could have taken the money and still walked at the end of his contract. A bird in the hand comes to mind in a fickle industry.

No - he would have another two years left next summer if he’d signed back then - we’d still be in control of his future 

16 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Come on. That ship has sailed. We're now a downgrade on Brighton. They have done way better on the transfer market and if Gross keeps scoring then they are adding what they missed last season - an end product. I can see no reason at all that Potter would consider moving to Leicester. Oh - the training ground is better, but that's not really a great draw, is it?  Compared with the limited resources available, we are pretty much on the same footing they are.

Leicester, a downgrade on Brighton & Hove Albion? 😂😂😂😂😂

20 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Gross isn’t a natural goalscorer and is a 31 year old attacking mid so no reason to think he is going to keep scoring (after 1 game) to the levels they need, they are still using Welbeck as a striker

They have brought in 2 youth players and Colwill on loan, whilst losing arguably their 2 best players

Will be the same as last year, Brighton and potter being bigged up until they go on one of their 10 games without a win streaks and fall down the table

We have a more valuable squad, not far off double their wage bill, the training ground, the stadium expansion

The resources are not limited, they are in use, there is a difference

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jv1 said:

Im 100% the same as you- he does have some absolute clangers- that kdh sub on sunday was almost laughable if it hadnt cost us 2 points- iv only just calmed after that one- my old man is still fuming as he loves kdh dearly- got to give him a few months and see how he does- we arent getting relegated with rodgers in charge so watch what you wish for- that being said less mistakes like sunday would be nice

...you can understand the frustration, but when you say you have gone over the edge with Rodgers and 48 hours your back sitting on the fence it is hard to understand!!!

I suspect if after all this time you still believe in him, it was just frustration.

Arsenal next, a tough team to play at any time, they were out of the traps and overran us in the first game last season, every break forward you felt they were going to score, relieved with the score line, and can't see anything different this time round.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing that bothers me about him going is that let's say we don't bring any players in and are stuck with pretty much the current squad, then you'd be daft to go for a manager who doesn't favour and have a track record with a 3-4-1-2. In which case that will then be the future for us and im not a fan.

Couldn’t we persist with the 4-1-4-1 or some sort of 4 at the back formation even when Barnes is injured?

I don’t buy this notion we have to switch to 3 at the back just because Harvey is unavailable.

• Like 1

Guest itude
22 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Rodgers record against Frank.

Player 5, won 4, draw 1, lost 0

Ok, but how long can you continue on past successes ?