Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Funny thing is if Everton, Villa etc sacked their managers and we sacked Brendan than you can bet one of them would snap him up. I don't think anyone else has turned toxic about his  ability.

...you can see this with the likes of Pardew and other poor managers doing the rounds going from club to club even though the reason why they are available is that they continue to fail time and time again!!!

I am not saying that Pardew is in the same league as Rodgers, just previous reputations keeps them in work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you can see this with the likes of Pardew and other poor managers doing the rounds going from club to club even though the reason why they are available is that they continue to fail time and time again!!!

I am not saying that Pardew is in the same league as Rodgers, just previous reputations keeps them in work.

Like Martinez etc

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

There’s definitely similarities with Pardew at Newcastle/ towards the end at Palace where the fan bases were turning on him but the media thought he was great

• Like 1

Guest itude
32 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Leicester, a downgrade on Brighton & Hove Albion? 😂😂😂😂😂

Well you have to wonder now, they are in no way in the pickle we are now in. They have got a lot of money in for the two they have sold, who would choose our current mess over that ?

4 hours ago, smudger63 said:

He is kind of in a win win situation at the minute. If things don't go well and he gets sacked, it will be seen as he hadn't been able to have the shake up that he told everyone we needed  because he hadn't been backed  and if we pick up and do well, it will be looked on as doing well without having been backed. In fact there were a couple of pundits last week who have already said that the owners had let Rodgers down by not backing him.

He's a far more canny operator off the pitch than on it. He is trying to engineer a perception where he will be the victim here in the media and outside the club. He never takes responsibility, which is my biggest bugbear with him. He throws people under the bus to save himself. 

I certainly think the board have made some false moves re. squad size, wages etc. that he may have some justifications. But much of the situation is also down to Rodgers and the lack of success and poor football last season, which he is responsible for. 

• Like 1

Guest itude

I mean that against Brentford in past games ,our record was good.

It seems we have moved backwards since then.

So past achievements against them don't count so much now.

Rodgers has not progressed it seems.

Edited by itude

48 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think that was once again us messing up on who we recruited though. We did have a great opportunity to sign good players, the ones we went for just didn’t work out. 

The point on wes, was the flip side. That I doubt we would have signed him if we had just got into the champions league, we likely would have gone for someone more established. I just wrote it poorly. 

That definitely was one of the worst transfer windows the club has probably ever had. Probably up there with when Mandaric signed about 25 players.

I'm not sure why we continue to try and sign "established" players considering our hit rate with them is incredibly weak.

Evans has probably been our only successful well known signing since we won the league.

3 minutes ago, itude said:

I mean that against Brentford in past games ,our record was good.

It seems we have moved backwards since then.

So past achievements against them don't count so much now.

Rodgers has not progressed it seems.

1 game.

Guest itude

I think you know that I do not base that on one game only..don't you ?

Not sure now that there is much difference between his and Claudios eventual situation.

Both did well, for a certain period, but then lost it. Sad, but you cannot continue to live off the past forever.

18 minutes ago, itude said:

Well you have to wonder now, they are in no way in the pickle we are now in. They have got a lot of money in for the two they have sold, who would choose our current mess over that ?

Every manager on earth would choose Leicester over Brighton unless they were stupid. We might be in a mess by our standards but we still finished above them last season and we will finish above them again this season, I have no doubts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, itude said:

I think you know that I do not base that on one game only..don't you ?

Not sure now that there is much difference between his and Claudios eventual situation.

Both did well, for a certain period, but then lost it. Sad, but you cannot continue to live off the past forever.

When he was sacked CR had lost 5 games in a row and was on a streak of 1 win in 10 (W1, D2, L7) 

BR in the last 5 has W3 D2 L0, in the last 10 his ( W3, D4, L3) 

CR in his last 25 PL games W5, D6, L14

BR in his last 25 PL games W9, D7, L9

I think that is a difference.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Couldn’t we persist with the 4-1-4-1 or some sort of 4 at the back formation even when Barnes is injured?

I don’t buy this notion we have to switch to 3 at the back just because Harvey is unavailable.

I'd like to see us try 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-3-2-1 but he seems very reluctant to. If we did have to go 3 at the back then play Ndidi as a sort of CB / DCM stepping out from the back 3 and then the midfield 3 in front could be KDH, Tielemans and Maddison.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Ric, with our cbs we should stick to 433

...I must disagree with you on this, 4-2-3-1, should be our go-to formation, except when we are playing Man. City or Liverpool!!!

At this moment Evans and Fofana are our best two CBs, a rotation of Evans and Soyuncu would be a good move with a week between games and Evans's recurring problem. Just because we have three good CBs we do not have to play them all at the same time, that is a Rodgers philosophy thinking. Bring in the RW and Barnes on the left with Maddison in the #10 spot and playing a high line, not many teams could live with us.

Daka is a worry, he is raw, needs to be fed the same as Vardy, and does not worry the opposition. He hasn't had the opportunity but it is up to him to be imposing himself on this team in order to overthrow a legend, he has to do it himself, we are not going to hand it to him.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I must disagree with you on this, 4-2-3-1, should be our go-to formation, except when we are playing Man. City or Liverpool!!!

At this moment Evans and Fofana are our best two CBs, a rotation of Evans and Soyuncu would be a good move with a week between games and Evans's recurring problem. Just because we have three good CBs we do not have to play them all at the same time, that is a Rodgers philosophy thinking. Bring in the RW and Barnes on the left with Maddison in the #10 spot and playing a high line, not many teams could live with us.

Daka is a worry, he is raw, needs to be fed the same as Vardy, and does not worry the opposition. He hasn't had the opportunity but it is up to him to be imposing himself on this team in order to overthrow a legend, he has to do it himself, we are not going to hand it to him.

I was just being slapdash to make the point about back 3. 4231 better for us but 4321 ( the christmas tree)  against better sides

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Then think before dumping. A little bit when Arsenal wanted Wenger out. Taken a while to restore anywhere near what fans wanted. Please understand I'm fed up but think we need to calm down a bit and see where we are in a few months

....he should have gone 5 years earlier, they would have been in a better position than they are now!!!

They passed up on a host of available managers just keeping Wenger in place, Klopp being one of them.

Guest itude
15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

When he was sacked CR had lost 5 games in a row and was on a streak of 1 win in 10 (W1, D2, L7) 

You are right it is, but again, I am not just thinking all this based on one area. However if we are going along this line, how about season by season for them both then ?

Guest itude
26 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Every manager on earth would choose Leicester over Brighton unless they were stupid. We might be in a mess by our standards but we still finished above them last season and we will finish above them again this season, I have no doubts. 

Really ? must have taken you a very long time to ask them all ??

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he should have gone 5 years earlier, they would have been in a better position than they are now!!!

They passed up on a host of available managers just keeping Wenger in place, Klopp being one of them.

Guess we will never know. Can't imagine Klopp at Arsenal funnily enough. As far as we are concerned I just don't know but don't want to press the panic button at least until the next dozen matches are over. 

23 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

But we were still in the Champions League when Claudio was sacked...

Not sure who would want to come here or who we could afford, but I really want to see the back of Brendan at our club.

Edited by norwichfox

Guest itude
2 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

But we were still in the Champions League when Claudio was sacked...

Not sure who would want to come here or who we could afford, but I really want to see the back of Brendan at our club.

Yes I agree, too many mistakes in too many areas

44 minutes ago, filbertway said:

That definitely was one of the worst transfer windows the club has probably ever had. Probably up there with when Mandaric signed about 25 players.

I'm not sure why we continue to try and sign "established" players considering our hit rate with them is incredibly weak.

Evans has probably been our only successful well known signing since we won the league.

I agree, It’s hard for a club like ours to sign established players.  I think the only way established works is if there are contract situations or clauses. From this league anyway. But established players outside of england isn’t so bad 

Ideally we just want to become the first in line for the top upcoming talent. Similar to what dortmund are. 

you’d get 3 for the price of one established player and if you scout well you get a gem on your hands. Once you establish yourself further you become an option as a stepping stone for someone like haaland… that’s the dream really 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2