Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

17 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

But we were still in the Champions League when Claudio was sacked...

Not sure who would want to come here or who we could afford, but I really want to see the back of Brendan at our club.

The club didn't care that much or they would'nt have sacked him. 

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree but without Barnes we don't stick with a back 4 as our other wide options are diabolical. 

As it was when BR joined and we still haven't sorted that problem out, I blame him for that as well.

I don't trust a manager that keeps flipping from a back four to a back five. What that says to me is the manager keeps changing formations in the hope something sticks but he lacks a plan. I want to see a back four with attacking full backs, a CDM and two wide forwards, the other positions can be interchanged. 

I groaned when I seen Ward and Amartey as the first two names on the teamsheet, if Ward gets ahead of Iversen it may mean Iversen isn't that good as Ward is a reliable but mediocre set of hands and Amartey should either be sold or getting five games a season at best.  BR took over a squad of some of the most wanted young talent in football and brilliant pros in their early 30's like Kasper, Evans and Vardy. I blame BR for all our woes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, itude said:

Well you have to wonder now, they are in no way in the pickle we are now in. They have got a lot of money in for the two they have sold, who would choose our current mess over that ?

We can't bang on about replacing Arsenal/Spurs as the bigger clubs in the country, then not accept these kinds of narratives when another club is clearly on the up & we're only going in one direction. 

Guest itude

Yes, it amazes me how some can think different, but there you go.I will find it interesting to see who Potter brings in with the money Brighton have.

They also managed to squeeze a huge fee out of Man City for Cucurella. He is good, but that good ??

Still we did with you know who to United

Guest itude
13 minutes ago, Gerard said:

As it was when BR joined and we still haven't sorted that problem out, I blame him for that as well.

I don't trust a manager that keeps flipping from a back four to a back five. What that says to me is the manager keeps changing formations in the hope something sticks but he lacks a plan. I want to see a back four with attacking full backs, a CDM and two wide forwards, the other positions can be interchanged. 

I groaned when I seen Ward and Amartey as the first two names on the teamsheet, if Ward gets ahead of Iversen it may mean Iversen isn't that good as Ward is a reliable but mediocre set of hands and Amartey should either be sold or getting five games a season at best.  BR took over a squad of some of the most wanted young talent in football and brilliant pros in their early 30's like Kasper, Evans and Vardy. I blame BR for all our woes.

Since the last transfer farce, yes, who else ?

30 minutes ago, itude said:

Yes, it amazes me how some can think different, but there you go.I will find it interesting to see who Potter brings in with the money Brighton have.

They also managed to squeeze a huge fee out of Man City for Cucurella. He is good, but that good ??

Still we did with you know who to United

The money alone Potter has brought into Brighton makes him a top manager.

Plus the way he's lifted their profile and moved them up the league table.

It makes me laugh that some say they wouldn't like him here. He's clearly better than average tactically and can motivate his players.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Exceptionally poor judgment by Brendan on Sunday. Wearing a suit on one of the hottest days of the year. 

I was hot just looking at him. Surely a sponsorship agreement or commerical commitment to wear a two piece suit, mental otherwise

• Like 1

Guest itude
44 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The money alone Potter has brought into Brighton makes him a top manager.

Plus the way he's lifted their profile and moved them up the league table.

It makes me laugh that some say they wouldn't like him here. He's clearly better than average tactically and can motivate his players.

Agreed, but the question of whether he would come here at the moment is still an open one.

Guest itude
37 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Has he gone yet? 

Ha ha, no not yet he is probably just hanging  on for the money like our ex Southampton superstars.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....like with the Youri situation, it is strange that you believe this!!!

I mean that if he had two years left on his contract next summer then it’s not entirely his call - the club can decide not to sell him if. If it suits them … I get where you’re coming from but YT has never renewed his deal. Cags wants to leave on a free next summer - had he renewed then he would be two years behind that plan ….

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I mean that if he had two years left on his contract next summer then it’s not entirely his call - the club can decide not to sell him if. If it suits them … I get where you’re coming from but YT has never renewed his deal. Cags wants to leave on a free next summer - had he renewed then he would be two years behind that plan ….

....the club could decide to sell him at any point, he does not have to leave, and he could just continue to run his contract down!!!

The player has control in all this, he will do what he feels is in his best interest.

37 minutes ago, itude said:

Agreed, but the question of whether he would come here at the moment is still an open one.

Agreed, But he's probably on a fraction of what we're paying Brendan.

Not that I'm advocating that Brendan should go, But he clearly has to up his game and I have real doubts about his ability at recruitment.

We cannot afford too many more tactical mistakes from Brendan as it looks like the Premier is going to be very competitive this season. 

He has a very bright future in the world of "TV Experts" .. Lots of BS  but no clue !!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Does anyone think he wants to be sacked?

His ego surly must be dented after he hasn't receive any transfer funds, and his so called rebuild hasn't got off the ground and he has to look at the faces of the same players he wanted out.

Why would he want to be sacked? You forget he absolutely ruined his reputation in England as a top 6 manager with Liverpool, went to Celtic and then coming here was his shot at getting back into discussion for those roles with the obvious intent of using us as a stepping stone back into a big 6 role. If he gets sacked here that's it for him on that front, the reputational damage will limit him to a tier below what his ambition is, to being at best a West Ham or Everton calibre manager. 

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Why would he want to be sacked? You forget he absolutely ruined his reputation in England as a top 6 manager with Liverpool, went to Celtic and then coming here was his shot at getting back into discussion for those roles with the obvious intent of using us as a stepping stone back into a big 6 role. If he gets sacked here that's it for him on that front, the reputational damage will limit him to a tier below what his ambition is, to being at best a West Ham or Everton calibre manager. 

He might just be a bit Jose. First season good, second season ok. Then really needs to move on. As I said to Nick, I don’t hate the guy, far from it, but I recognise when people have run their race and Brendan is face down on the line. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Let's all take  this further....

Top & the best owners we have ever had...O U T..!!!

If Rodgers is answerable

Then so are they...!!!

For keeping him & not throwing him out..!!!

You Dozels..!!  You don't understand the whole situation...but you want your pound of meat....Because you don't like the guy..!!   Like a lot of sperm after self gratification....Nowhere to go..!!

Your point is?

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

He might just be a bit Jose. First season good, second season ok. Then really needs to move on. As I said to Nick, I don’t hate the guy, far from it, but I recognise when people have run their race and Brendan is face down on the line. 

His race is run here for sure, our underlying stats are on a heavy decline and without change we'll end up circling the drain, but to suggest he wants to be sacked when that'll basically close off the top jobs to him is a bit ridiculous 

18 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

He's been here 3 years and contracted for another 3 years.  He doesn't seem to last more than 3 years at any club.

Things here with him seem to going abit stale and he's quickly losing the plot with regard to tactics and player management 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He's been here 3 years and contracted for another 3 years.  He doesn't seem to last more than 3 years at any club.

Things here with him seem to going abit stale and he's quickly losing the plot with regard to tactics and player management 

Ok, but you get the difference between "he's burnt out at the club and isn't having any good effect" and "he wants to get sacked" right?

• Like 1