Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 hours ago, Jon Bez said:

A train wreck already? After one game...

I didn’t mean it’s a train wreck now, but it’s going to be if we lose a manager and players by Christmas without replacements who are better.

Basically, the club seem to be making poor choices. I’m happy for BR to go. Youri, I’m fine with. But Newcastle bidding more and more for Madders, and Fofana being lined up by Chelsea concerns me, and I’m not sure they’ll turn the cash down.

Sorry, forgot I had to write it out like I was talking to children for those who can’t be arsed to read the earlier posts. Now THAT is typical FT 😂😂😂

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

I'm assuming you're referring to this: https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-brendan-rodgers-fighting-to-keep-leicester-city-job-after-new-fall-out/

No idea if Football Insider are reliable...

Get rid before we lose our talent. I’m not surprised our lads aren’t satisfied here playing this dull, repetitive and predictable football week in week out. We need a bit of creativity.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I'm assuming you're referring to this: https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-brendan-rodgers-fighting-to-keep-leicester-city-job-after-new-fall-out/

Sounds like bullsh!t. Rodgers, like all of us, will be unhappy not to have signed players. But it's not a case of being 'backed' or not. Frustrated with not selling players in order to get players in, maybe. That would understandably cause some friction but I can see both sides of that. The club will want compensating fairly for players and Rodgers will just want the deadwood gone so he can get a few others in. It's just one of those things.

It definitely feels like this is a media-manufactured crisis, though. If some sections did their due diligence and actually did some research, or didn't just gloss over the reasons we haven't signed anyone, then there would be no 'crisis'. If they keep mentioning it often enough though, the unease will spread throughout the fanbase, playing squad, and those in charge of the club. Then, something will have to give.

It feels like we're being pushed into a crisis by the uninformed, ignorant, or sh!t-stirring reporters.

Edited by ALC Fox

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

We can live in hope. Anything to get rid of his boring sideways backwards tactics.

Oh and his awful substitutions.

Oh and his not my fault blame anyone else comments.

Oh yes he won us the FA Cup but omg did he make us look stupid in it last season.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Sounds like bullsh!t. Rodgers, like all of us, will be unhappy not to have signed players. But it's not a case of being 'backed' or not. Frustrated with not selling players in order to get players in, maybe. That would understandably cause some friction but I can see both sides of that. The club will want compensating fairly for players and Rodgers will just want the deadwood gone so he can get a few others in. It's just one of those things.

It definitely feels like this is a media-manufactured crisis, though. If some sections did their due diligence and actually did some research, or didn't just gloss over the reasons we haven't signed anyone, then there would be no 'crisis'. If they keep mentioning it often enough though, the unease will spread throughout the fanbase, playing squad, and those in charge of the club. Then, something will have to give.

It feels like we're being pushed into a crisis by the uninformed, ignorant, or sh!t-stirring reporters.

I mean we'd still be in crisis, we are teetering on the edge, a bad transfer window away from losing the individual quality that's had us out performing our underlying stats and kept us top half last season. Ignorance is not always bliss, you need to see the beginning of rot before it eats away at the foundations

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

If Fofana does go I think this will be a game changer for two reasons - 

1) if sold I am really not sure Brendan will stick around, losing one of if not our best player may well be the icing on the cake and him feel that it’s the best time for him to leave as the club can no longer match his ambitions etc etc 

2) we will have cash and this will give the club the opportunity and scope to sack or mutual agreement to leave if they deem that is the best way forward. 

Either way I think the decision to sell Wes or not will have significant influence on Rodgers future with us 

Even selling Fofana doesn’t fix the issue.. We still can’t buy players because we have too much deadwood 

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

There's been an assumption that Top is a Vichai clone - that the transition was going to be seamless - in spite of the sudden and traumatic death of Vichai. The Leicester project was his 'baby' and he showed ruthless decisiveness when it was obvious Ranieri, in particular, had lost his way. I'm not sure that Top is hewn from the same stuff as his father. 

There were doubters as to Rodger's appointment from the start, but most believed he was a potential achiever. I think he's wasted his opportunity to shine here, although the Cup will be always attributed to his influence - rightly or wrongly. 

He's clearly no game tactician and, in his strategy for the club, unless he puts together a string of positive results, he'll leave City in a mess - if the 'board' (whatever practically that is) tell him to go. Recruitment in his time has been poor and what has been achieved has been down to players largely recruited prior to his coming.

The portents have been clearly there, yet lost in the belief that, with the players we've had, our fortunes might be made in getting CL qualification. It's largely been nearly this or that. If he does soon go, then I hope we get a real achiever to take his place - someone with a vision and the attributes to turn the vision into reality.   

I think that's a fair assessment. Vichai was a tremendous man in many ways including being a generous individual and one that believed in respect. It's easy to be cynical as you get older, particularly around football, but I think he was as genuine as your going to get. He had, as you say a ruthless side and you can't have a business empire like they have without one. However, to temper that, I'm sure Ranieri and Shakespeare didn't go short compensation wise. As they say, it's business, not personal. 

Top, I also think is a decent and genuine individual but business wise probably a bit more nieve in an industry so different to his own. Rodgers would come over very well and be very convincing, he has all the media and pundits under his spell. I do think under Vichai he'd have been very much gone by now though.

There are various figures regarding compensation from 30m down to 10. If it's the former then you can see the huge dilemma Top has.

Neither can I see who the next manager with the required vision and attributes is at this precise moment. I just can't see Poch wanting to come unless we have a salesman of Rodgers proportions and I don't think getting Potter to leave Brighton mid-season viable either. From the outside looking in, we look odd sacking managers so quickly following certain achievements, because who do we think we are anyway and also, we look like a club on the downward spiral, unless Top promises significant investment. He'd be very unwise to trust Rodgers any further in that respect. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Genuinely cannot see how anybody can read that and think he should stay. We are going backwards and are being bailed out by our individual quality, of which will diminish the more we stutter in our recruitment.

The trend is there for all to see. Not the be all and end all but paints a quite good picture and it represents quite close to what I feel I've seen.

The stats prove what alot of us have known for a while. We are progressively going backwards. A large part of that is due to Rodgers naivety and tactics. In the end of the season Youri & Cags will leave, along with possibly Fofana and about 7+ players whose contracts end. We may be able to finish 8-10 this season, but the problems come next season. That's when we will need somebody who has vision and the ability to build a team from the ground up. As others have said, Top is not Vichai. Vichai built a multi billion pound company. I think Rudkin is going to have a lot of influence and if reports are true, he sees through Rodgers and the media hype.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Hope so as I stuck a tenner on him to be next Premier league manager to leave, happy to donate my winnings towards lowering our valuation on Vestergard and getting rid of him ASAP 😂

• Like 1

There is absolutely no way he's getting sacked we can't afford it.

If it was going to happen it would have happened by now. Not with 3 weeks of the window left to go and clubs eying up our prized assets. 

If he's sacked now it would cause massive disruption. I'd rather we waited until the international break.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Even selling Fofana doesn’t fix the issue.. We still can’t buy players because we have too much deadwood 

Maybe selling Fofana doesn't solve the salary issue, but it might make the board feel like they can afford to make Rodgers go away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

Maybe selling Fofana doesn't solve the salary issue, but it might make the board feel like they can afford to make Rodgers go away.

Lose one of your best players, then the manager, already a game in.

Minds well just write this season off in that case.

Maybe Top could come to an arrangement with Rodgers to take a lesser payoff but can publicly male out he's walked away on his own accord. Play on his ego a little bit. Don't think it'd do much for his reputation getting sacked by little old Leicester 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

This stuff about 'not being backed' by the club is absolute nonsense. We're being financially prudent. If he walks/leaves and gives that as his reason, it goes to show he never particularly cared about the club and would rather us plunge ourselves into more debt and potential financial sanctions solely to stroke his overinflated ego.

I personally believe that, while he might find it frustrating, he completely understands the reasons why we haven't been able to strengthen this summer - almost feels like he's looking for an excuse to get out with his reputation somewhat in tact.

• Haha 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Maybe Top could come to an arrangement with Rodgers to take a lesser payoff but can publicly male out he's walked away on his accord. Play on his ego a little bit. Don't think it'd do much for his reputation getting sacked by little old Leicester 

The good old 'mutual consent'

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

What are the ambitions this season anyway? It felt like a write off before it began

Finish as high as we can in the league and go for a cup. Same amibiton as every year, not sure why that would be different. Just because we haven't signed no players? Spurs didn't give up when they had a summer of no incoming transfers in 2016

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Finish as high as we can in the league and go for a cup. Same amibiton as every year, not sure why that would be different. Just because we haven't signed no players? Spurs didn't give up when they had a summer of no incoming transfers in 2016

I wasn't necessarily just talking about no transfers although obviously that doesn't help raise expectations for the season. Might just be me but I just don't get the impression we're striving for anything at the moment

• Haha 1

I mean we'd still be in crisis, we are teetering on the edge, a bad transfer window away from losing the individual quality that's had us out performing our underlying stats and kept us top half last season. Ignorance is not always bliss, you need to see the beginning of rot before it eats away at the foundations

I see what you're saying. If we lose Tielemans, Maddison and Fofana and don't replace them adequately (very difficult to do with next to no time to plan for it) then yeah it would be an awful window and we may struggle this season.

The way to manage it is probably to make a concession or two in terms of transfer fees for our fringe players. We can't keep all of those midfielders happy this season, so it may be better to, say, accept €8m or €9m for Praet than holding out for €11m. Soumare I'd like to keep but if we're picking Mendy ahead of him, we may need to make a concession on him too to help free up some wages.

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

What are the ambitions this season anyway? It felt like a write off before it began

Realistically?  Not get relegated and prepare as much as possible for major turnover in the summer 2023 window.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Lose one of your best players, then the manager, already a game in.

Minds well just write this season off in that case.

I did say a few weeks ago due to the clubs actions (or lack of) we’d wrote this season of before it had even begun.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1