Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Realistically?  Not get relegated and prepare as much as possible for major turnover in the summer 2023 window.

It certainly feels that way. Surely that major turnover and refresh in the summer needs to be under new management? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Even when he goes, we don’t have anybody decent lined up. The season is a train wreck. Just hope we don’t lose too many of our better players on the journey.

Just need to ride it out.

How do you know our management doesn't have anyone lined up?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It certainly feels that way. Surely that major turnover and refresh in the summer needs to be under new management? 

You would think so.  I imagine at this point ownership is holding off as long as possible hoping by some miracle he gets another job or quits on his own, but that's pretty unlikely.  Going to have to rip the bandaid right off most likely.

4 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Give me the better options.

I think the priority would be on finding a safe pair of hands to clean up the worst of it and make sure we stay up, with an eye on targeting a long-term replacement next summer.

I'm sure there are tensions. I think that's par for the course in many large businesses. Indeed, some suggest that businesses thrive because of it. How helpful it is in this context, I don't know. 

In hindsight, Rodgers' "refresh" statement hasn't been helpful but maybe he was under the impression that it was going to be very do-able. Disappointment and frustration are often born of unrealised expectation. And the latter often due to misunderstanding and/or miscommunication.

What I'm saying is that I'm sure it's choppy waters at the moment and I don't necessarily point the finger at anyone as being at fault. It is as it is and sometimes you work through it. And sometimes not. 

Edited by taupe

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I think the priority would be on finding a safe pair of hands to clean up the worst of it and make sure we stay up, with an eye on targeting a long-term replacement next summer.

There are far worse teams in the league this year. If we keep Madders and Fofana, I’d eat my hat if we faced relegation. Keeping our talent and offloading the chaff is essential. Heard a few people spouting in the media that BR is one of the reasons Kasper went to Nice, not sure how I feel about that. But if that’s in any way true, we don’t want a mass exodus from the training ground on transfer deadline day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

Next summer is the big one, massive rebuild. I don't think they trust him for that

...if a new manager has to do a rebuild, then he needs to come in before the end of the season to evaluate what we have and what he needs!!!

Any attempt to bring in a new manager at the end of the season would be short sighted and naive.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if a new manager has to do a rebuild, then he needs to come in before the end of the season to evaluate what we have and what he needs!!!

Any attempt to bring in a new manager at the end of the season would be short sighted and naive.

I don't disagree 

47 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Why are you banging on about relegation. People love to talk about lack of club ambition and then in the next post say we should be looking to "stay up".

I will say now that we won't finish below any of; Fulham, Forest, Bournemouth, Leeds, Everton. And that's not even considering the likes of Southampton, Brentford, Palace, and possibly even Wolves and Villa.

There are a lot of poor sides in the league.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

There are far worse teams in the league this year. If we keep Madders and Fofana, I’d eat my hat if we faced relegation. Keeping our talent and offloading the chaff is essential. Heard a few people spouting in the media that BR is one of the reasons Kasper went to Nice, not sure how I feel about that. But if that’s in any way true, we don’t want a mass exodus from the training ground on transfer deadline day.

Put one of these on your Chrimbo list in case :)

BE4E8948-DC7A-4F96-92C4-EE2E9499A950.jpeg.b5ffcade6a270cc234c6dde1461036d1.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Are you indirectly saying we should bring in Allar-Allar-Allardyce? 

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Are you indirectly saying we should bring in Allar-Allar-Allardyce? 

No, though I do think in his day (think 10-20 years ago) Big Sam was a very reliable caretaker.  I'm not sure who that guy is now but he's going to be easier to find than the manager you want guiding the team through a major rebuild and what comes after.

8 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

😂😂. Ok, but before you go, who would you suggest my friend.. 

Someone better than a manager I would have considered 10 years ago.

Edited by Fox92

While I can believe that some financial restrictions are forcing our hand in the market, I can't believe that the financial situation is so restrictive that we're the only team in the top 7 leagues to make a signing.

To me this says more about the trust the board has in our manager's ability to identify and work with new recruits.

No chance he's still our manager in January.

• Haha 1