Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

27 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

While I can believe that some financial restrictions are forcing our hand in the market, I can't believe that the financial situation is so restrictive that we're the only team in the top 7 leagues to make a signing.

To me this says more about the trust the board has in our manager's ability to identify and work with new recruits.

No chance he's still our manager in January.

There's every chance he's still our manager in January given the amount we'd probably have to pay him off.

It also makes me laugh how many people still think that all managers (BR calls himself a head coach rather than that anyway...) scouts, identifies targets, and negotiates the moves. 

'They don't want to give him money' etc etc etc... We have seen previously that regardless of managerial changes we continue with targets identified and wanted by our recruitment department. Despite us not having a head of recruitment there must still be staff working on targets.... surely... maybe?

19 hours ago, itude said:

Agreed, but the question of whether he would come here at the moment is still an open one.

That's very true and I wasn't suggesting we go for him now.

I've said this many times, spending money on the right Manager is the best investment any club can make. It's the catalyst that drives everything else. I know it can be difficult to entice them to a club.

After that your looking at the best up and coming managers who have proven themselves to some degree like Potter and Cooper.

They also have the hunger to succeed that maybe an older Manager might have lost. 

Brendan I think needs to get his head out of the sand and address the issues within the Squad. Like getting a RW instead of continually playing players out of position. These are things you try in practice games or when you have a game won. Not when your looking for results.

40 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We have one of the highest players wage bills outside the big 6 and one of the highest wage to revenue percentages. 

We have the 7th biggest biggest amortisation amounts on players yon the books. 

We built a £100m+ training ground and have been pumping money into the ground expansion.

We have lived beyond the means of a club our size, or at the very least pushed it to the very limits of what we can do. 

Then, on top of that they bring in new FFP rules, that effectively kill off any hope of us little clubs ever competing in European football. Because we can no longer push those limits to achieve, but if we want to play in Europe on the off chance we do get there, we need to abide by them.

If they didn’t trust him enough to sign a single player, he would have already been sacked

I understand all of that, but we've got Kasper off the books and we don't have Lookman's wages either this year. 

I fully appreciate our situation and that it's unlikely we were going to have a significant window without significant movement the other way.

But not even a loan? Something stinks.

7 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

If Fofana does go I think this will be a game changer for two reasons - 

1) if sold I am really not sure Brendan will stick around, losing one of if not our best player may well be the icing on the cake and him feel that it’s the best time for him to leave as the club can no longer match his ambitions etc etc 

2) we will have cash and this will give the club the opportunity and scope to sack or mutual agreement to leave if they deem that is the best way forward. 

Either way I think the decision to sell Wes or not will have significant influence on Rodgers future with us 

If Fofana went in the Next few weeks, If I was Rodgers,I wouldnt want to stay...& Club sells still a Fresh young Player & cant Keep him 2 years,After nursing

Him through injury..!!! Then the whole Backroom Management must go...!!

But you numpties would accept it...!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

4 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Give me the better options.

It's not my job to research possible new managers.  That's why I leave it to the club.

But what you've said doesn't answer my question which was, in case you've forgotten  "how do you know we haven't got someone lined up?".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

People would be all over that tbf. 

Atm it's a debatable step fwd for me.

Yes we have had some great games under Rodgers.

But most are like watching paint dry. We can't even defend a lead as he makes subs and fvcks it up.

If not NFP get the England ladies coach in. At least we will be able to see a game out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

It's not my job to research possible new managers.  That's why I leave it to the club.

But what you've said doesn't answer my question which was, in case you've forgotten  "how do you know we haven't got someone lined up?".

I personally think the club always has in mind the next manager.

Just as they do with players.

We could throw up 50 names and all be wrong. They know what they want from the next man we don't.

28 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I personally think the club always has in mind the next manager.

Just as they do with players.

We could throw up 50 names and all be wrong. They know what they want from the next man we don't.

I agree. 

I've just read the Rob Dorset article in the Transfer explained thread, and my interpretation is that the 'Powers at the Top' are very much into planning as a whole big time and I would be surprised if didn't include our next manager. 

The scouting process is always running '24/7' so to speak for new players, too assist the current, but ever evoloving situation of the clubs players (all be it within a select windows to do this) , so why wouldn't the club also be adopting the same practice for managers and backroom staff for when a change may be required 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Atm it's a debatable step fwd for me.

Yes we have had some great games under Rodgers.

But most are like watching paint dry. We can't even defend a lead as he makes subs and fvcks it up.

If not NFP get the England ladies coach in. At least we will be able to see a game out.

Don't worry he will be free soon after being sacked by Bristol City 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

I understand all of that, but we've got Kasper off the books and we don't have Lookman's wages either this year. 

I fully appreciate our situation and that it's unlikely we were going to have a significant window without significant movement the other way.

But not even a loan? Something stinks.

The new ffp percentages include wages, fees, agents. So, if that’s what we have in mind, we’ve got a huge amount of slashing of costs to do.

We don’t have Kasper and Lookman. But we also don’t have, what £20m in European prize money?

• Like 2

Rodgers saw Leicester as a stepping stone to a bigger job himself. He seemed to be courting the United job after Ole left last season and results fell off a cliff after that.

He'll struggle to get a bigger job now though or a matching salary somewhere else. None of the bigger 6 are coming in for him unless he gets Leicester back in Europe at the least. Maybe somewhere like Villa or Everton if those jobs come up but those clubs aren't topping his salary here and both have weaker squads.

That's why he's not going to quit though, he's not walking away from the contract he's got, but would be happy to take a pay out and then wait for a job like Villa to come up. But that may also mean he goes full Mourinho and basically tries to get the sack. He's lost interest here.

Edited by gazzaa2
  • Like 2

On the BBC website there is a piece celebrating 30 years of the Premier League. I've just read up to this bit:

Steven Gerrard’s men could not repeat their charge, not least because Luis Suarez – 31 league goals that season, including four in one match against Norwich, backed up by partner Daniel Sturridge’s 21 – got his teeth into a far bigger contract at Barcelona. Manager Brendan Rodgers would spend his fee unwisely and follow him out of the door.

Thinking, if you substitute Suarez for Forfana.:unsure: