Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I think Brendan is a pretty darn good manager. Not perfect, but pretty good, and I think his results with us evidence that. But he sounds downbeat to me in all his public pronouncements now. Like he doesn't really know where he's going with us, and that worries me, as that will seep into the squad. Hope I'm wrong

5 hours ago, deep blue said:

It's not my job to research possible new managers.  That's why I leave it to the club.

But what you've said doesn't answer my question which was, in case you've forgotten  "how do you know we haven't got someone lined up?".

You know a manager is in trouble when that's the only defence of him that people have lol

It must be getting more and more difficult to defend him to be fair 

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Can't seem to work Brendan out.....he needs to audition for a part in Netflix's series 'Stranger Things' 

We've been looking for a decent RW since mahrez left.

It's ironic that fans can't see this for what it is. 

Edited by UHDrive
Typo
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

I think Brendan is a pretty darn good manager. Not perfect, but pretty good, and I think his results with us evidence that. But he sounds downbeat to me in all his public pronouncements now. Like he doesn't really know where he's going with us, and that worries me, as that will seep into the squad. Hope I'm wrong

He realky isn't a good manager.  He has done all he can and has nothing more to offer.  Every week we see the same old bkind spots and midtsjes from him.  Every week.  A good manager would adaot his ideas.... thst not brendan.   Its over for him here...

4 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Graham Souness? 

He’d never say anything that wise

6 minutes ago, lanefox said:

It boggles my mind that the man whose guided us to our 2nd, 3rd and 4th highest finishes in the premier league is hated so much

Because he’s starting to publicly make the owner look a tw*t and tells us fans stuff that you’d expect a 5 year old to question. 

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

He’d never say anything that wise

Because he’s starting to publicly make the owner look a tw*t and tells us fans stuff that you’d expect a 5 year old to question. 

And that's reason enough to get rid of him? His media persona??? . I'd rather the league places, FA Cup and Charity Shield to be his marker to be honest. Let's see what he can do with a hopefully fully fit squad this year. Incomings or not, we have a very good team. 

12 minutes ago, lanefox said:

It boggles my mind that the man whose guided us to our 2nd, 3rd and 4th highest finishes in the premier league is hated so much

Maybe if he stopped being an, arrogant,stubbon, egotistical, blame shifter who actually held his hands up when wrong, once in a while, along with actually learning and growing from his mistakes people may start to warm to him a little. 

Sorry, did I leave anything out.. Answers on a postcard please, send FAO. Top. C/o LCFC

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Maybe if he stopped being an, arrogant,stubbon, egotistical, blame shifter who actually held his hands up when wrong, once in a while, along with actually learning and growing from his mistakes people may start to warm to him a little. 

Sorry, did I leave anything out.. Answers on a postcard please, send FAO. Top. C/o LCFC

So long as he is winning stuff and we are doing well in the league. Who cares if he is likeable or not. I'm not comparing the accolades but did you ever see Fergie apologise for anything, ever?? 

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

So long as he is winning stuff and we are doing well in the league. Who cares if he is likeable or not. I'm not comparing the accolades but did you ever see Fergie apologise for anything, ever?? 

Fergie never had to, he won a title almost every damn year. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

I didn’t mean it’s a train wreck now, but it’s going to be if we lose a manager and players by Christmas without replacements who are better.

Basically, the club seem to be making poor choices. I’m happy for BR to go. Youri, I’m fine with. But Newcastle bidding more and more for Madders, and Fofana being lined up by Chelsea concerns me, and I’m not sure they’ll turn the cash down.

Sorry, forgot I had to write it out like I was talking to children for those who can’t be arsed to read the earlier posts. Now THAT is typical FT 😂😂😂

No, just write clearly. There is so much drivel on here that no wonder people don't want to go back and read previous messages. That is typical ft. 😉

24 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

I agree with you whole heartedly regards to doing well and winninh games my friend, but being entertained also comes into the equation for me, and for quite a while the  majority of the time (not all) we've been served boring, negative, lacklustre, sideways Brendan Ball... 

17 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I agree with you whole heartedly regards to doing well and winninh games my friend, but being entertained also comes into the equation for me, and for quite a while the  majority of the time (not all) we've been served boring, negative, lacklustre, sideways Brendan Ball... 

we scored the 5th most goals in the league last year , hardly boring or lacklustre me duck

• Like 4

Puel’s final 10 games included:

4 points from 4 games against the big 6

Lost to Southampton at home

Lost to 2 promoted sides

Lost to Newport away, a League Two side, in the cup

Smashed by Palace at home

Our next 11 games includes:

4 games against the big 6

Southampton at home

2 of the promoted sides

*Stockport away, a League Two side, in the cup

Palace at home for the 11th game

It is gonna go just like Puel isn't it? lol

Edited by moore_94
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, lanefox said:

we scored the 5th most goals in the league last year , hardly boring or lacklustre me duck

I guess we can chalk this down to our own difference of opinions then (which we are both entitled too, as it is a forum) . I personally found the slow pondering build up play, the passing around sidways and backwards not all that entertaining. 

Scoring loads of goal is wonderful, but by the same token conceding a bucket load isn't a barrel of laughs 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

The new ffp percentages include wages, fees, agents. So, if that’s what we have in mind, we’ve got a huge amount of slashing of costs to do.

We don’t have Kasper and Lookman. But we also don’t have, what £20m in European prize money?

And then we go and extend Choudhury's contract by a year at £60k a week and it's back to square one on trying to fathom out what on earth is going on here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And then we go and extend Choudhury's contract by a year at £60k a week and it's back to square one on trying to fathom out what on earth is going on here.

They clearly are more stressed about the first half of next year rather than the second. Perhaps Watford would only take the loan with an option to buy and we didn’t want to have him go for nowt in a year. We’ve made a judgment - it could come back to bite us 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lanefox said:

Exaggeration I know but a 90th minute goal doesn't take away 89 minutes of boredom. Many of those goals were scored following individual moments of genius by one of our better players. That's not always going to happen and is a very weak foundation compared to a well organised team playing to their strengths. Some of the points we gained were very fortunate and against the run of play. Most of the season it was as dull as ditchwater. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Exaggeration I know but a 90th minute goal doesn't take away 89 minutes of boredom. Many of those goals were scored following individual moments of genius by one of our better players. That's not always going to happen and is a very weak foundation compared to a well organised team playing to their strengths. Some of the points we gained were very fortunate and against the run of play. Most of the season it was as dull as ditchwater. 

I'm guessing you don't go to games. You don't get better than a 90th minute winner. 

• Like 1