Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Maybe if he stopped being an, arrogant,stubbon, egotistical, blame shifter who actually held his hands up when wrong, once in a while, along with actually learning and growing from his mistakes people may start to warm to him a little. 

Sorry, did I leave anything out.. Answers on a postcard please, send FAO. Top. C/o LCFC

You have no Grasp of the history of nice gentlemen successful managers...

They Dont exsist....& Only in your hate you find he is....arrogant,stubbon, egotistical, blame shifter,like some others...

yours & others arrogant expectancy of people is beyond the Outer limits of all Alien & Human understanding....

I wonder what you & other football-managers critics do with their life....

But you lot carry on & Enjoy yourselves Reading Hello, & the daily-Mail...lol

Edited by fuchsntf

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

You have no Grasp of the history of nice gentlemen successful managers...

They Dont exsist....& Only in your hate you find he is....arrogant,stubbon, egotistical, blame shifter,like some others...

yours & others arrogant expectancy of people is beyond the Outer limits of all Alien & Human understanding....

I wonder what you & other football-managers critics do with their life....

But you lot carry on & Enjoy yourselves Reading Hello, & the daily-Mail...lol

Aaah. Do you feel better now.

Oh by the way, i much prefer "take a break" and the Daily Star my friend. Something without big words so I don't stuggle too much

I'd rather watch our 2015/16 football and go down than watch his borfest.

We lose games because we can't defend. Then play at a pace that's slower than paint drying.

I'm not saying anyone has downed tools. But really could you blame them.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Aaah. Do you feel better now.

Oh by the way, i much prefer "take a break" and the Daily Star my friend. Something without big words so I don't stuggle too much

You know what...I like the pictures  too....More relaxing...

8 hours ago, The_77 said:

And that’s the leeway he was afforded for winning so much. 

And the same should be afforded to Rodgers, whether you like it or not he has been a huge success here. 

Also, I'd love to hear who all of these other managers are who actively take the blame for their decisions. It doesn't happen. 

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

You know what...I like the pictures  too....More relaxing...

Then we should both keep thst up and make sure our blood pressure's stays on an even keel. 

Look mate, I have no interest in entering into a game of "shag each other off tennis", its childish and waste of time and not the reason I peruse the forum. A bit of banter I'm up for all day long, and I'll make it obvious it is banter. 

I think its pretty clear that our views of Brendan are lightyears apart, so how about on this subject we refrain from replying to each others post.  Good idea? 

11 hours ago, BigMicky said:

And that's reason enough to get rid of him? His media persona??? . I'd rather the league places, FA Cup and Charity Shield to be his marker to be honest. Let's see what he can do with a hopefully fully fit squad this year. Incomings or not, we have a very good team. 

I think what he's acheived means most would be pretty pleased to see him turn it around, it's more that he hasn't realistically looked like he is able to stop the 'stagnation'

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

You’re conveniently ignoring the reality. Talk about the FA Cup if you like, but what happened in lady seasons FA Cup? We were totally embarrassed. 

How about the Europa League embarrassments?

8th in the league was pretty good, but had we not thrown numerous leads and collapsed on countless occasions, it could’ve been much better.

Who says we’re going to have an injury free season when we already have two injuries, before the first game was even played?

Rodgers apologists need to face the present situation, not harp on about what was achieved 18 months ago. We’ve had a lot of shitty water pass under the bridge since then. 

Present situation unbeaten in the last 5 PL games 3 win, 2 Draws.

Interestingly we can't talk about past positives, but we can talk about past negatives.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I think what he's acheived means most would be pretty pleased to see him turn it around, it's more that he hasn't realistically looked like he is able to stop the 'stagnation'

Based on one game? Or are we talking about an injury ravaged season? 

14 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

You’re conveniently ignoring the reality. Talk about the FA Cup if you like, but what happened in lady seasons FA Cup? We were totally embarrassed. 

How about the Europa League embarrassments?

8th in the league was pretty good, but had we not thrown numerous leads and collapsed on countless occasions, it could’ve been much better.

Who says we’re going to have an injury free season when we already have two injuries, before the first game was even played?

Rodgers apologists need to face the present situation, not harp on about what was achieved 18 months ago. We’ve had a lot of shitty water pass under the bridge since then. 

Lady seasons? Also you are conveniently forgetting that we had an injury ravaged season last year. 

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

There was a nigh on fully fit squad for last Sunday and the same issues occurred as last season.

It goes beyond injuries and that excuse doesn't wash anymore.

So it's all based on one game. Wow. 

Also the line up was changed due to last minute injuries to Ricardo and Barnes.

Did we concede from a corner? Did we look good defending corners? Did we score from one? 

Clearly improvements have been made, you just choose not to look for them. Personally let's see how we do over the next 10 games. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Based on one game? Or are we talking about an injury ravaged season? 

Are you ignoring the 2 previous collapses? The terrible Europa League campaign? The results throughout last season where we threw away points? Oh and also that pitiful effort away in Rome

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Are you ignoring the 2 previous collapses? The terrible Europa League campaign? The results throughout last season where we threw away points? Oh and also that pitiful effort away in Rome

Collapses, are we talking about finishing 5th twice. Yes 5th when we had absolutely no divine right to be anywhere near the top 4. Rodgers got us there, the players couldn't carry us over the line. They couldn't handle the pressure of the moment. It happens. 

Europa league with an injury ravaged squad flying all over Europe and trying to keep us on track in the league, is that what you are on about? Do you honestly think other realistic managers would have done a better job? 

51 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

And the same should be afforded to Rodgers, whether you like it or not he has been a huge success here. 

Also, I'd love to hear who all of these other managers are who actively take the blame for their decisions. It doesn't happen. 

Fergie at Manchester United is on a completely different level to Rodgers at Leicester, that’s undeniable. I’m not some hater, I’m just pointing that this comparison is not fair. 

Rodgers doesn’t always help himself, especially when he tries to make himself look better when he talks down the club and tries to rewrite the narrative about where we were when he took over.

And, for example, if he can throw Youri under the bus for those mistakes against Spurs last season (Rodgers did that before he even left the pitch), then Rodgers should be able to admit that he blew it with his decisions against Brentford last weekend. 

Rodgers has had countless opportunities to use his public comments to create a siege mentality among the squad and to project fearlessness in front of the players; it’s baffling that he chooses not to. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Who’s to blame for that then? On theme but Lady Luck? Absolutely not. As you’ll find out as this season progresses 

Clearly Rodgers gets the blame for everything it all makes sense.

Players, physios, doctors, the manager should all share the blame for that one, why is it all pinned on one man?