Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

54 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

So it's all based on one game. Wow. 

Also the line up was changed due to last minute injuries to Ricardo and Barnes.

Did we concede from a corner? Did we look good defending corners? Did we score from one? 

Clearly improvements have been made, you just choose not to look for them. Personally let's see how we do over the next 10 games. 

41 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Are you ignoring the 2 previous collapses? The terrible Europa League campaign? The results throughout last season where we threw away points? Oh and also that pitiful effort away in Rome

So you’ve acknowledged we had two players our injured before the first game. Yet somehow think we’ll have a comparatively injury free season this season?

Delusional. 

He should’ve been sacked for many individual games last season. Warsaw, Forest. Spurs, Newcastle. There’s many others. I hated the bloke before then but that Roma away game was sacrilege. He should’ve been absolutely rinsed by everyone and anyone who supports leicester. Many of my friends are pro Rodgers but even they were angry with Rodgers on that particular showing.  After that game I truly detest the bloke. If I walked by him in the street I’d cross the road to avoid him

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Collapses, are we talking about finishing 5th twice. Yes 5th when we had absolutely no divine right to be anywhere near the top 4. Rodgers got us there, the players couldn't carry us over the line. They couldn't handle the pressure of the moment. It happens. 

Europa league with an injury ravaged squad flying all over Europe and trying to keep us on track in the league, is that what you are on about? Do you honestly think other realistic managers would have done a better job? 

Yeah but my point was regarding people's faith in Rodgers halting a bad slide, I've given you two examples where he couldn't do that. One of those seasons we were so far ahead in 3rd it was about who else was making up the top 4, not who could possibly catch Leicester. I'm not saying the players weren't at fault either, but noticeably you credit Rodgers with the positive but it's the players who take the negative spin with your view. The culture filters down from the top, if they couldn't handle the pressure that's just as much on him. 

The sides put out in the Europa League had more than enough to be beating Legia and Spartak. 

Back to my initial post again, I'd like the bloke to succeed I can just acknowledge peoples concerns about him.

• Like 1

Rodgers is a coward, he's scared of admitting mistakes because it will hurt his fragile ego. People talk about how we had to change our shape because of Barnes injury & not getting Lookman. We bossed the game against Brentford with a back 5. It was only when Rodgers intervened and changed our shape, did we lose all momentum. The injury or lack of transfers weren't the reason for losing 2 points, as Rodgers alluded to, it's his tactical naivety. But predictably it's always someone else's fault. The easy cowards way of deflecting responsibility. He'll throw all the players, Rudkin & Top under the bus if he had to. Which you will see if the season doesn't go well.

Edited by sm1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BigMicky said:

Did we concede from a corner? Did we look good defending corners? Did we score from one? 

Clearly improvements have been made, you just choose not to look for them. Personally let's see how we do over the next 10 games. 

Ricardo has not been a first team player for years so the only proper first team player that was missing was Barnes. 

I never said improvements haven't been made but also a lot of the same issues still exist, the team isn't fit enough to compete for 60 minutes let alone 90, mentally very weak, lots of basic mistakes, lack of service to attacking players, lots of passing between the cbs etc.

There were positives for a good chunk of the match but in the end the team threw away a lead as they did many times last season.

I was done with Rodgers, when we lost 1-0 to Norwich in Feb 2020, fairplay to him he won us an FA cup, but he's a bang average coach, his philosophy an style of play is what? The media have really hyped this guy upto, having some belive he's elite, in his feckin dreams. Given the guy the benfit of doubt, but the team mirror him weak as piss and flat track bullies.

• Like 1

Needs a quiet word in his ear from the board. 

The whining about transfers after the game - didn't he say he wasn't going to do that? Hasn't he had 3 record breaking transfers? Hasn't he been backed way more than any other manager in our history? 

The making of one substitute and throwing away a lead...this from a man who signs up to give 'masterclass' talks. 

He needs a bit of perspective. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

You were done with him when we were 3rd, 9 clear of 5th, before the first collapse? Odd. I get not trusting him after that collapse but when we were still looking good for being back in the CL?

I've been very skeptical since the first collapse as his complete inability to turn it around even with a 3 month break was alarming, he seemed to have addressed the issues the season after but another end of season collapse was saved by the FA Cup win (which he will forever be known in Leicester for by the way). 

Last season was a horror show, we didn't finish in an awful position but the style of play was ugly, there was no ambition especially in the bigger games and the issues that arose last season were a culmination of the ones that occurred in previous seasons but turbo charged and again Rodgers had and still has no idea how to solve them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

You were done with him when we were 3rd, 9 clear of 5th, before the first collapse? Odd. I get not trusting him after that collapse but when we were still looking good for being back in the CL?

Never rated the football Leicester Were playing under him, i could see the cracks, but alot of City fans were getting all giddy, but fair play to him, won us first and only FA cup 

Always liked Brendan and think he is a top manager.   And yes I know we shouldn't just look at one game but even I was a bit concerned after the Brentford game ...  tippy tappy, JV staying on the park when he is clearly nowhere near his best, Amartey playing, no Praet who is playing so well and and says he is happy to fight for his place, why didn't he replace KDH ?? ...  and most of all only putting on ONE FOOKIN SUB when as he said we were a bit fatigued !!   ...   And THE WRONG FOOKIN SUB AT THAT !!!!!

• Like 3

Guest itude

As you say, a lot of mistakes, mistakes it seems he will not admit to and learn from. What do you do with someone like that ? It's not as if that was just related to that one game, its been going on for a while now. Thank you Brendon, best of luck for the future.

50 minutes ago, Dames said:

I've been very skeptical since the first collapse as his complete inability to turn it around even with a 3 month break was alarming, he seemed to have addressed the issues the season after but another end of season collapse was saved by the FA Cup win (which he will forever be known in Leicester for by the way). 

Last season was a horror show, we didn't finish in an awful position but the style of play was ugly, there was no ambition especially in the bigger games and the issues that arose last season were a culmination of the ones that occurred in previous seasons but turbo charged and again Rodgers had and still has no idea how to solve them. 

Oh yea I absolutely agree, I'm just baffled by Viktor declaring that he wanted Rodgers out back before we collapsed for the first time (like sure February 2020 we were stuttering a bit, drawing games we'd have won 3 months earlier but the collapse hadn't properly set in)

2 hours ago, BigMicky said:

I'm glad you seen some positives from the last Match, I could have sworn we were 2 Nil up, dominating, then BR did his usual change, to influence god knows what, and we drew, sounds a bit like the silly decision making we can expect, from him, so no suprises really.

What will suprise me is if he makes a change early enough and radical enough, that a match could swing in our favour, or be seen off for the win.

He is too busy chasing opposition managers decisions, instead of making changes to Win! 

• Like 1

Rodgers should be given more time. based on his achievements at the club.  His achievements are.impressive.  Two fifth placed finishes, a European semi-fianl and the FA Cup.   

Last season was under par.  He didn't moan about the problems like yhe injury crisis and fixture congestion.  He was culpable for some poor decisions..

His time will come to amend at some point.  In the short term, he should be safe if we get 20 points from our first 12 games.   

Replacing him could boost things or could Taylor things up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigMicky said:

Clearly Rodgers gets the blame for everything it all makes sense.

Players, physios, doctors, the manager should all share the blame for that one, why is it all pinned on one man? 

To a degree it does make sense. 

The old saying the buck stops with the manager.

Players.. He pick's them, dictates tactics, trains them, motivates them, subs them (or not) manages them and dictates the formations in game etc. etc.

Physios/Dr..  If past media reports are to be believed he had input in the shake up of the "medical set up" and if anyone believes the rumour (true ot false, I personally haven't a clue) that Dave Rennie left due to a disagreement with Brendan with regards to over training and poor training methods causing hamstring and muscle pulls. (It pains me in a literal sense as i used ro run at club level and suffered these injuries due to those reasons myself) .  It looks like the club is trying to reverse some of this.. 

My take on this is that as his tenure progressed with the club his influence in other club matters grew as well. (I've got nothing to back that up but just an opinion) Maybe as his stock grew due to a good 1st year and a half that the club were willing to give him more freedom as a way of retaining his services.

Yes it is a collective effort overall but he probably had quite a lot of say and heavy influences in key areas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Press conference today at 13:30. 

Wonder if he will be asked about those frozen out of the match day squad last week

Radio Leicester asked him post match Brentford about that that weren't included in the squad.

He said something along the lines of they just don't make the matchday squad, which is a fair enough answer for me. He's the manager, he seems them every day.

25 minutes ago, majaco said:

Rodgers should be given more time. based on his achievements at the club.  His achievements are.impressive.  Two fifth placed finishes, a European semi-fianl and the FA Cup.   

Last season was under par.  He didn't moan about the problems like yhe injury crisis and fixture congestion.  He was culpable for some poor decisions..

His time will come to amend at some point.  In the short term, he should be safe if we get 20 points from our first 12 games.   

Replacing him could boost things or could Taylor things up.

He never stopped moaning about injuries.  Surely you myst have seen enough.  I had a bellyfull of low tempo posession football giving away points to relegated clubs last season

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Present situation unbeaten in the last 5 PL games 3 win, 2 Draws.

Interestingly we can't talk about past positives, but we can talk about past negatives.

Likewise, interestingly last season we couldn’t talk about present negatives but were told to remember the past positives- 5th, FA Cup blah blah blah 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Likewise, interestingly last season we couldn’t talk about present negatives but were told to remember the past positives- 5th, FA Cup blah blah blah 

I think both should be allowed, surely it about having a balanced view. 

I think both the out camp and the in the camp have valid points.

I remaining in the on-the-fence camp 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Press conference today at 13:30. 

Wonder if he will be asked about those frozen out of the match day squad last week

Frozen out??? You do realise we can only name a certain amount of players in a match day squad?

We can’t name all 25 players, so some players have to be left out of the squad every week for every club - it does not mean they have been frozen out.

• Like 1