Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

38 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

He never stopped moaning about injuries.  Surely you myst have seen enough.  I had a bellyfull of low tempo posession football giving away points to relegated clubs last season

He acknowledged injuries.   I don't think he moaned about it?

Seen enough?   In the fickle game of football, we can still put out a team of a quality that would be hard to imagine a few years ago.  We have more top outfield players than can be accommodated in one team with two or three more than handy back-ups.   We are yet to see whether a change of keeper helps to improve our defensive record.   We are a rw and a quality cb short in our squad.

So giving one of our most successful ever managers a little time at the start of the season could make sense.

1 minute ago, majaco said:

He acknowledged injuries.   I don't think he moaned about it?

Seen enough?   In the fickle game of football, we can still put out a team of a quality that would be hard to imagine a few years ago.  We have more top outfield players than can be accommodated in one team with two or three more than handy back-ups.   We are yet to see whether a change of keeper helps to improve our defensive record.   We are a rw and a quality cb short in our squad.

So giving one of our most successful ever managers a little time at the start of the season could make sense.

you're a generous man

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

I said further back that even you and Chocolate Teapot had stopped defending Rodgers on here. Or maybe that you’d ran out of internet 🤣

I hadn’t seen that, I have been flat out at work and haven’t been on much this week, reading back through some of the threads I’m glad I haven’t 😂 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It’s not really being frozen out.

Someone has to be left out.

Some people don't realise this.

Not surprisingly,  the players who weren't selected are the ones who need to move on but frozen out is partof the hyper bowl  (I know)  of the forum (where many posters have had success on Football Manager and so can call out Rodgers on  anything and everythig).  Vestergaard and Soumare just have not adapted.

I would still like to see one of the nine bench places being given to an academy player each week.  Currently, they are being frozen out.

For what it’s worth, the subs or lack there of, was a really poor decision on Saturday. He will have to learn pretty quickly with 5 subs late in games teams that use all five will have a huge advantage over the teams that don’t make any. Particularly at the start of the season as fitness levels get up and towards the end of the season when they are struggling.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Then we should both keep thst up and make sure our blood pressure's stays on an even keel. 

Look mate, I have no interest in entering into a game of "shag each other off tennis", its childish and waste of time and not the reason I peruse the forum. A bit of banter I'm up for all day long, and I'll make it obvious it is banter. 

I think its pretty clear that our views of Brendan are lightyears apart, so how about on this subject we refrain from replying to each others post.  Good idea? 

Naaa all views including yours, I will defend your right....

Now & again an odd remark here or there feeds all sides of the debate. I Never Take Football-forum threads Too seriously,there will always be Broad varying

Opinions...Good banter from all....

And we all Love different media Outlets despite the crap...

your crap is es Good as mine....Like you said...lets Not get too serious....We will both be proved wrong in the end...:giggle: :cheers:

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We'd have been in a less of a mess had Rogers not gone against the recruitment department and brought in Vestergaard and Bertrand? 

It's a two way street. 

You have absolutely no proof of that.

The end of the day Rudkin could of and probably would have said No, if it was just Rodgers say so.

Why would we pay a recruitment team if it's being bypassed.

Much as I want him gone some of the things he is blamed for is a total joke.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Naaa all views including yours, I will defend your right....

Now & again an odd remark here or there feeds all sides of the debate. I Never Take Football-forum threads Too seriously,there will always be Broad varying

Opinions...Good banter from all....

And we all Love different media Outlets despite the crap...

your crap is es Good as mine....Like you said...lets Not get too serious....We will both be proved wrong in the end...:giggle: :cheers:

👍👍

18 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I said further back that even you and Chocolate Teapot had stopped defending Rodgers on here. Or maybe that you’d ran out of internet 🤣

I think it gets to the point where people can't be bothered. 

This thread has gone from a place to debate, to a place where people just want to vent their spleen.

Rather than venting on here why don't you go down the ground with a banner 'Rodgers Out' with @sylofox as I doubt Top is a member on here?

A bit of positive action may help you get your wish quicker. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

Just now, coolhandfox said:

This thread has from a place to debate, to a place where people just want to vent their spleen.

Rather than venting on here why don't you go down the ground with a banner 'Rodgers Out' with @sylofox as I doubt Top is a member on here?

It may help you get your wish quicker. 

I’m not going to another game whilst that d1cks in charge. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, coolhandfox said:

This thread has from a place to debate, to a place where people just want to vent their spleen.

It may help you get your wish quicker. 

@sylofoxcouidnt spell it mate. 
The banner would confuse people

👍

The fact that we only made one sub out of a possible five and then Rodgers comes out with ‘we were fatigued’ must be a message to the board to perhaps say he wants more investment?

Either that or Rodgers is a tool.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Think you might struggle with that too.

If you are going to be clever use spell check ya daft cvnt 😂😂😂😂

Off FFS! Typo…

😂

Apparantely we are rumoured to be lining up Benitez as a replacement according to some clickbait Facebook page, rather stick pins in my eyes 😂 

I’ll be honest I’ve been leaning over the Rodgers out side of the fence for a while but at this point I’ve lost all faith in his ability to fix this. 

Honestly if it was cost effective I’d pull the trigger now and get Graham Potter in. The boat has sailed on a big job for atleast another season or two for him, can’t see him getting the Chelsea job if it becomes available, and the other comparable clubs are relatively settled.  

No idea how much this is going to cost though. 

• Like 1

The top mangers can keep it going, keep up a level of performance season in and season out. The team believes in them and the clubs generally pull with them. 

Brendan did OK for about two seasons, if you ignore the mystifying form collapses. But it is obvious now that his ship has sailed and he has zero ability to steady the ship and bring it round. 

Anyone still defending him by now is beyond understanding now. Small caveat though, I’d rather give him a bit more time than bring in Benitez. THAT is going all Sven again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1