Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

We will both be proved wrong in the end...

Yep indeedy.

We, all of us, have a lot in common ;  none of us knows, we all call it as we see it, and we're all pretty much wide of the mark most of the time.   No harm done so long as we all remember that and don't get all bent about it, don't start mud slinging and name calling etc

Long may the ill informed conjecture continue. 

39 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

You need to be able to succinctly put your feelings into a short, pithy message which will fit on a banner.

I *think* I've managed to distill the views expressed on the forum, so here you go:

Screenshot_20220811-161013_DuckDuckGo.jpg.1dc8cd43866b7d11d2d77429cf68212c.jpg

I didn't realize Brendan had spent time pulling double duty as a former labour MP for a black country constituency

Context for those who aren't terminally online:

https://mobile.twitter.com/terry****45/status/1338598390494621697?lang=en-GB

Edited by The Doctor
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He's gonna leave us in a right mess. 

First big chance Jurgen Klopp  in the summer of 2016 he got rid of a record 13 players he inherited including Kolo Toure who got back with Brendan at Celtic (not saying they were all Brendan's signings because I don't know)

Thank goodness most of our good we're signed pre Brendan 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

You need to be able to succinctly put your feelings into a short, pithy message which will fit on a banner.

I *think* I've managed to distill the views expressed on the forum, so here you go:

Do we pay by the letter?

5 hours ago, Vazman said:

I'm glad you seen some positives from the last Match, I could have sworn we were 2 Nil up, dominating, then BR did his usual change, to influence god knows what, and we drew, sounds a bit like the silly decision making we can expect, from him, so no suprises really.

What will suprise me is if he makes a change early enough and radical enough, that a match could swing in our favour, or be seen off for the win.

He is too busy chasing opposition managers decisions, instead of making changes to Win! 

Exactly this. I was screaming at the TV for him to make the changes he did at HT at PSV and I almost fell off my chair when he made them. (No I didn’t go- can’t do them all can you) 

They were match winning subs which made me hope that Rodgers had actually cracked it. The Roma away game though proved it was a false dawn

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

They wont do rude.
We want to say bredan is crap or he is the problrm abd he must be sacked..

NoBalls-NoIdea-Taxi4Rodgers

I sent off for a quote from flying banners

I do have a question for those who still believe he is the right man for the job, that I have yet to see a reasonable and believable response to.

Rodgers has been here now for 4 summer windows, the starting 11 he uses week in week out, contains pretty much exactly the same players that Claude Puel was using. Considering he has not been able to improve the starting 11 in 4 years, what happens when we lose Vardy/Evans/Tielemans/Maddison etc? Do we just do the same as with Schmeichel, and replace them with considerably weaker players?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

I do have a question for those who still believe he is the right man for the job, that I have yet to see a reasonable and believable response to.

Rodgers has been here now for 4 summer windows, the starting 11 he uses week in week out, contains pretty much exactly the same players that Claude Puel was using. Considering he has not been able to improve the starting 11 in 4 years, what happens when we lose Vardy/Evans/Tielemans/Maddison etc? Do we just do the same as with Schmeichel, and replace them with considerably weaker players?

I’m not particularly vocal about Rodgers staying. I don’t think it would take that much to get us going but he’s too stubborn to change. 

But I think you are a bit contrary on the question because firstly he improved those players which Puel had at his disposal.

Despite some very obvious failures, he has added decent players to squad. Notably Castagne and Fofana. Justin alongside that as well and the emergence of Barnes. 

The Kasper situation we will never quite know for a while if that was the choice of the club motivated by actual change or finance or it was just Schmeichel wanting a new challenge. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Only if you exclude Castagne, Fofana, and Justin who are all starters for us and also exclude that he has developed and fully integrated KDH and Barnes into key starters for the team

But that isn't really an accurate reflection. Castagne has never come close to the levels that Ricardo, a past player of the season, used to play at. Fofana, whilst financially a great investment for us, has returned and his partnership with Evans looks worse than Evans and Soyuncu's partnership in Rodgers's first season. Justin is a lesser player than Chilwell. Barnes was actually Puel's doing. He actually recalled him during the season and gave him more game time.

KDH is the brightest spark. But he wasn't 'developed' by us, he barely kicked a ball before . What actually got him into the team? Injuries. Since then, KDH's own form has made him undroppable. I think the weekend was further proof that Rodgers really can't take credit for him. He was clearly our best midfielder on the pitch, and has been ahead of Tielemans since he came into the side, but Rodgers kept Tielemans on because he has a loyalty towards certain players, even if underperforming. 

So in four years, there's not one noticeable signing that has improved the starting XI that Rodgers has made. Nobody seems to be able to answer why there's a belief he will suddenly be able to recruit well, when it's been terrible here for 4 years, and was poor at Celtic and Liverpool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Only if you exclude Castagne, Fofana, and Justin who are all starters for us and also exclude that he has developed and fully integrated KDH and Barnes into key starters for the team

Has he? I’d say the loans for both KDH and Barnes were far more impactful that Rodgers influence. Withstanding that statement though, there are more players who have regressed under Rodgers, and we are left in a concerning position regarding contracts running out and ludicrous wages for players who have barely improved the squad let alone the starting 11 under his leadership

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Barnes who started 4 of Puels last 5 games? Like his integration into the team would still have happened if Rodgers hadn't come in 

But you have no way of knowing how he would've developed had Rodgers not come in, he could have stagnated and become another Gray for all we know - not likely, but still

But what we do know is that Barnes has been improving every season under Rodgers ever since he came in and is now one of the best wingers in the league, and so he deserves a good amount of credit for helping him to become the player he is right now

30 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

You can have one of Justin or Castagne. When fit, Ricky P is our best full back. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

You can have one of Justin or Castagne. When fit, Ricky P is our best full back. 

Yes but the issue is he isn't fit often enough and he hasn't been starting regularly for us for long periods in over 2 years now

Thankfully Rodgers has added 2 very good versatile full backs to the team that make it a lot easier to deal with missing Ricardo so much

Edited by moore_94

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

But you have no way of knowing how he would've developed had Rodgers not come in, he could have stagnated and become another Gray for all we know - not likely, but still

But what we do know is that Barnes has been improving every season under Rodgers ever since he came in and is now one of the best wingers in the league, and so he deserves a good amount of credit for helping him to become the player he is right now

But by a similar notion, Choudhury was gradually improving in his appearances under Puel and played an important role in victories v Chelsea and Man City, so does Rodgers get criticism for causing Choudhury to stagnate? 

I just don't think you can give Rodgers any credit for integrating a player into the first team who was already becoming a first team regular when he arrived (and was one of our best performers in that period). KDH sure, debut under Rodgers and all but Barnes, no.

Edited by The Doctor

59 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

I'm on the fence with Rodgers. But you're right to an extend. In his defence,  he has drastically improved those players Puel brought in. But it does worry me that in 6 transfer windows, his only truly successful signing is Fofana. If you wanna be generous,  add Castagne. That's 2 good signings in 3 years and 6 windows. Puel had half that and brought in Maddison,  Tielemans, Pereira, Evans and Soyuncu, 

It's not looking good brev.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Has he? I’d say the loans for both KDH and Barnes were far more impactful that Rodgers influence. Withstanding that statement though, there are more players who have regressed under Rodgers, and we are left in a concerning position regarding contracts running out and ludicrous wages for players who have barely improved the squad let alone the starting 11 under his leadership

Tell me the players to regress cos outside of N’Didi, I think the majority of the squad has hit their peak performance under Rodgers for their individual careers. For mentioning Barnes was called back by Puel who never made enough impact to get in the team. Now Rodgers has him as a pivotal point of it. 

I don’t think this is the area you can really call him out on. You look at Vardy for example who won his first golden boot under him. Or Maddison last season. Or Chilwell whom over the course of a summer developed into a really handy player from a mistake ridden kid. His own career actually has this throughout - he made Liverpool and Celtic some very tidy sums of money

Again the contracts and wages isn’t a stick to beat with him because he has nothing to do with that 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

But by a similar notion, Choudhury was gradually improving in his appearances under Puel and played an important role in victories v Chelsea and Man City, so does Rodgers get criticism for causing Choudhury to stagnate? 

I just don't think you can give Rodgers any credit for integrating a player into the first team who was already becoming a first team regular when he arrived (and was one of our best performers in that period). KDH sure, debut under Rodgers and all but Barnes, no.

You probably could criticse him for Choudhury stagnating yes.

Barnes was okay in those 5 games under Puel, but it was still very obvious he was a young raw player who needed a lot of developing, which season on season he has done under Rodgers

Rodgers has developed him into a star player for us, it wasn't those 5 games under Puel that did it

Edited by moore_94

Guest Col city fan
5 hours ago, Vacamion said:

😂😂

The thing is with the Brendan being brilliant with youngsters thing, Barnes may well have been on that trajectory anyway. He may have developed as he has under any half decent manager. 

There are plenty of players who you would think Brendan could have brought on if he is so good with them, but hasn’t, or at least not to any great extent. 

m To be fair to all, though, it is difficult to know. Barnes has come on leaps and bounds and is an outstanding player for us, when fit.