Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Long form interview with Rodgers on Ben and Kammy's "Proper Football" podcast posted yesterday. Might be worth its own topic, I dunno. 

Haven't listened to it yet but they're gushing over Seagrave at the top.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cs8ct7

A cynic would say he’s getting his media points in before the season goes to pot, and the club can be subsequently blamed for his lack of success.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I can’t bring myself to listen to him any more, it’s that bad 

You might if he says something that many say he doesn't do, as in take responsibility which he does for the 2014 Liverpool missed chance 

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I can’t bring myself to listen to him any more, it’s that bad 

I stopped listening to his post match interviews about half way through last. season. Sick of hearing his BS. 

When I heard he was on Monday's Radio Leic football forum around 2 weeks back I turned off before I hearing the cringe inducing words "lets hear what the Leicester City Manager had to say" 

• Like 1

Guest itude

Yes ,me too, its always the same, some excuse or another. He just can't cut it any longer, and he neither admits to, or learns from his mistakes it seems.

Anyone know why exactly Liverpool gave him the chop ?

Guest itude

Oh ? sound familiar ?

At the heart of Rodgers's demise at Liverpool was a failed, flawed recruitment policy that saw nearly £292m spent since the 42-year-old's arrival in the summer of 2012 - but most of the world-class talent he possessed walk out of the door.

And to add to the dysfunctional decline Rodgers presided over was Liverpool's infamous "transfer committee", the group that led the club's buying strategy and was responsible for far more failures than successes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34440168

Guest itude

Ouch, from a Liverpool fan :

Rodgers is a bad Manager.

In all those years as the Liverpool Manager he managed only once to reach the top 4 (2013-2014 season).

He was a good scout. So he assembled a lot of good players together.

But a manager should:
1. Understand the talent his players possess and use it according to the team.
2. Device tactics and game plan according to the opponent team.
3. Learn from performances and correct the mistakes.
4. Win matches, trophies and honours.

But he was incapable in these aspects."

Oh dear, same old stuff in the main then

On 10/08/2022 at 14:05, deep blue said:

It's not my job to research possible new managers.  That's why I leave it to the club.

But what you've said doesn't answer my question which was, in case you've forgotten  "how do you know we haven't got someone lined up?".

On 10/08/2022 at 19:38, foxfanazer said:

You know a manager is in trouble when that's the only defence of him that people have lol

58D9A56B-62B8-4280-B0D5-4F858B0A1807.jpeg

26 minutes ago, itude said:

Ouch, from a Liverpool fan :

Rodgers is a bad Manager.

In all those years as the Liverpool Manager he managed only once to reach the top 4 (2013-2014 season).

He was a good scout. So he assembled a lot of good players together.

But a manager should:
1. Understand the talent his players possess and use it according to the team.
2. Device tactics and game plan according to the opponent team.
3. Learn from performances and correct the mistakes.
4. Win matches, trophies and honours.

But he was incapable in these aspects."

Oh dear, same old stuff in the main then

In ALL those Seasons at Liverpool.... he was only there 3 seasons & those 3 seasons he bettered the 3 previous seasons in either position, points or goals scored.
Also with him achieving that 2nd it was their joint highest Premier league position ever (at that time) having only finished 2nd twice before in 01/02 & 08/09

Fans have very closed minds when they have a dislike for someone & when the current crop are doing well & the sun is shining.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, itude said:

Oh ? sound familiar ?

At the heart of Rodgers's demise at Liverpool was a failed, flawed recruitment policy that saw nearly £292m spent since the 42-year-old's arrival in the summer of 2012 - but most of the world-class talent he possessed walk out of the door.

And to add to the dysfunctional decline Rodgers presided over was Liverpool's infamous "transfer committee", the group that led the club's buying strategy and was responsible for far more failures than successes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34440168

It took season before Jurgen Klopp had a chance to sort out the mess he had inherited from Brendan with the record 13 players he got rid of in the summer of 2016

24 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

It took season before Jurgen Klopp had a chance to sort out the mess he had inherited from Brendan with the record 13 players he got rid of in the summer of 2016

He also signed coutinho who if they hadn’t then sold for £130m would not have been able to buy Van Dijk & Alison etc, so swings and roundabouts. Also, he wasn’t in charge of al the signings at Liverpool and he’s definitely not been in charge of all the signings here so hard to criticise him solely for that.

He also inherited a Liverpool team that finished 8th and then took them to 2nd. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dusty said:

He also signed coutinho who if they hadn’t then sold for £130m would not have been able to buy Van Dijk & Alison etc, so swings and roundabouts. Also, he wasn’t in charge of al the signings at Liverpool and he’s definitely not been in charge of all the signings here so hard to criticise him solely for that.

He also inherited a Liverpool team that finished 8th and then took them to 2nd. 

Cheers for the refresh Brendan. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

In ALL those Seasons at Liverpool.... he was only there 3 seasons & those 3 seasons he bettered the 3 previous seasons in either position, points or goals scored.
Also with him achieving that 2nd it was their joint highest Premier league position ever (at that time) having only finished 2nd twice before in 01/02 & 08/09

Fans have very closed minds when they have a dislike for someone & when the current crop are doing well & the sun is shining.

How have they done since then? lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

How have they done since then? lol

As i say, this breed of fan only sing when their winning i'm sure there will come a day when they knock Klopp just like Chelsea with Mourinho & Arsenal with Wenger

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Yea but he was preceded by Roy Hodgson and Kenny Dalglish. Remember that he left Liverpool in such a mess that it took Klopp a couple of seasons to clear out the crap and rebuild the squad. Pretty sure the only regular from Rodgers signings in their recent success has been Firmino

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Yea but he was preceded by Roy Hodgson and Kenny Dalglish. Remember that he left Liverpool in such a mess that it took Klopp a couple of seasons to clear out the crap and rebuild the squad. Pretty sure the only regular from Rodgers signings in their recent success has been Firmino

Such a mess, that they reached the Europa League and League Cup Finals the year he was sacked?

4 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

Such a mess, that they reached the Europa League and League Cup Finals the year he was sacked?

Most liverpool fans say that reaching the Europa league final under klopp that season was a miracle because Rodgers had left them in such a mess earlier in the season.

17 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

Which is the point I've had with fellow supporters at work..

The topic of "but who would you have/get", always pops up and my 'counter argument' has always been  I think just his removal along with the dross he brought with him would have an impact. Its been posted that conversations with players in nightclubs that Rodgers isn't well loved by a selection of players, and I truly believe there could be a 'collective sigh of relief' with his departure.. I've posted before that I'd be surprised if continual planning for the next manager to cover scenario's like this wasn't in place. 

OK, we may not get a Klopp,  but we certainly wouldn't have a Rodgers. 

Edited by Guppys Love Child

I listened to the interview and whilst I thought he sounded a bit full of himself on occasions (as anyone that is driven to succeed might do) I didn't think he otherwise sounded like evil personified. Should I go back and listen to it backwards at 16rpm and hear him pledge his troth to Satan?

He clearly doesn't find it easy to admit mistakes (splutter, cough, guffaw I hear the reader choke),  it's always hedged with looking backs and in retrospect maybes, but he can and does do it. Perhaps he'll acknowledge Sunday's subs debacle in 2027.

9 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Most liverpool fans say that reaching the Europa league final under klopp that season was a miracle because Rodgers had left them in such a mess earlier in the season.

Looking at it, he only got 8 games in the league, and they had only lost 2 games at that point in the league. How much of a mess could they possibly have been in to have only lost 2 out of 8 by the time Rodgers was sacked, and end up in two finals?

3 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Which is the point I've had with fellow supporters at work..

The topic of "but who would you have/get", always pops up and my 'counter argument' has always been  I think just his removal along with the dross he brought with him would have an impact. Its been posted that conversations with players in nightclubs that Rodgers isn't well loved by a selection of players, and I truly believe there could be a 'collective sigh of relief' with his departure.. I've posted before that I'd be surprised if continual planning for the next manager to cover scenario's like this wasn't in place. 

OK, we may not get a Klopp,  but we certainly wouldn't have a Rodgers. 

That's just hearsay. I'm sure every single club has cliques of players who dislike their manager. Usually related to playing time, too, I bet

4 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

That's just hearsay. I'm sure every single club has cliques of players who dislike their manager. Usually related to playing time, too, I bet

Oh I agree.  It is hearsay, but i was only quoting anothers posters post.  (sorry i didn't use the post as an example) 

But if what you said above is true also,  (an probably is) then the possibility of the collective sigh could be proven correct 

Edited by Guppys Love Child