Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Oh I agree.  It is hearsay, but i was only quoting anothers posters post.  (sorry i didn't use the post as an example) 

But if what you said above is true also,  (an probably is) then the possibility of the collective sigh could be proven correct 

I think the question to said players in nightclub should have been do you respect the manager. It matters not if they like him or not. I do find it quite amazing that players are that loose lipped when approached by some random drunk bloke in a night club.

I also find it quite amazing that posters freely admit that they turn all forms of media off when he is talking. How can you form an opinion if you refuse to listen to him.. This site is priceless. 

6 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

I think the question to said players in nightclub should have been do you respect the manager. It matters not if they like him or not. I do find it quite amazing that players are that loose lipped when approached by some random drunk bloke in a night club.

I also find it quite amazing that posters freely admit that they turn all forms of media off when he is talking. How can you form an opinion if you refuse to listen to him.. This site is priceless. 

Your 1st point is quite valid my friend, but unfortunately we'll never know the exact questions asked or the context etc.

Your 2nd post.  The current situation / peoples gripe's etc isn't new, and has been happening for quite a while,  also Rodgers has been the manager for quite a while now and perfomed numerous interviews, so there has been more than enough time for people to develop an option, and therefore exisize there right to stop doing something they don't enjoy,  which is listen to him. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

Looking at it, he only got 8 games in the league, and they had only lost 2 games at that point in the league. How much of a mess could they possibly have been in to have only lost 2 out of 8 by the time Rodgers was sacked, and end up in two finals?

In 2 finals under Klopp. Rodgers had nothing to do with that. He had them finish 7th, 2nd, 6th and left in 10th with 1 win in 6, with a best finish of the round of 32 in the Europa League and crashing out of the group stage in the Champions League. Klopp then had to pull apart the side he'd inherited to build a side actually capable of sustained challenge 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

In 2 finals under Klopp. Rodgers had nothing to do with that. He had them finish 7th, 2nd, 6th and left in 10th with 1 win in 6, with a best finish of the round of 32 in the Europa League and crashing out of the group stage in the Champions League. Klopp then had to pull apart the side he'd inherited to build a side actually capable of sustained challenge 

Klopp and Michael Edwards were a fantastic partnership. Rodgers didn't like Edwards having much of a say as he just saw him as a bloke with a laptop that knew nothing about the game.

One of Rodger's journo pals did a sting article on Edwards after Rodgers was sacked and it's glorious. This is one of my favourite quotes

The committee have yet to explain how they came up with the figure of £29million to sign Brazilian forward Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim, who finished eighth in the Bundesliga last season.

Divock Origi, billed as 'a world-class talent' by Rodgers when he was signed from Lille, could not even come off the bench in the club's last two league games. There are countless other errors.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3262490/Liverpool-s-head-technical-performance-Michael-Edwards-laptop-guru-did-number-Brendan-Rodgers.html

Edited by filbertway

14 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He wasn’t poor. There’s flops but there were success at both clubs. His record is patchy. Much like here.

Liverpool he signed Coutinho, Milner and Firmino. Gomez, Lovren and Origi have all proved their worth over time. 

Celtic had Dembele and Edouard arrived who were subsequently sold for millions of profit. Ntcham, Sinclair did well. Hendry and Bain have gone on to have good careers. 

It’s hardly a superb record but it’s not necessarily poor. All it’s a moot point now anyway because the club appear to taken it all back under their own watch 

The committee at Liverpool signed Coutinho. Rodgers wanted Tom Ince that January (was doing well at the time).

He also tried to swap Henderson for Clint Dempsey.

Don't know if the article is still on there but the Liverpool writer for The Athletic article on his time there and downfall: 

Edited by gazzaa2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

That's not the point I was making. The point I'm making is that clubs who are in a "mess" don't tend to have that kind of performance, therefore the narrative that Rodgers leaves a trail of devastated clubs in his wake is just plain wrong. The Europa League final squad contained 14 players signed by Rodgers, and the starting 11 was entirely Rodgers players (with the arguable exception of Firmino, given the rumours around that transfer). The Champions League final squad two years later contained 8 Rodgers signings (7, if we discount Firmino as above).

Given that I am responding to the original point that Rodgers left Liverpool "in a mess", then the facts just don't back that up. The worst anyone can say is that he left a squad that needed improvements for sustained success. But there's no factual basis for implying that the squad was in any way "shambolic". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Guest454545 said:

That's not the point I was making. The point I'm making is that clubs who are in a "mess" don't tend to have that kind of performance, therefore the narrative that Rodgers leaves a trail of devastated clubs in his wake is just plain wrong. The Europa League final squad contained 14 players signed by Rodgers, and the starting 11 was entirely Rodgers players (with the arguable exception of Firmino, given the rumours around that transfer). The Champions League final squad two years later contained 8 Rodgers signings (7, if we discount Firmino as above).

Given that I am responding to the original point that Rodgers left Liverpool "in a mess", then the facts just don't back that up. The worst anyone can say is that he left a squad that needed improvements for sustained success. But there's no factual basis for implying that the squad was in any way "shambolic". 

If you look at Liverpool before Rodgers came in, it’s clear he left Liverpool in a better position than when he arrived. 
Likewise, the season he arrived with us, Celtic completed their treble treble.

He certainly has his floors, but some of the stuff that gets thrown at him on here is beyond ridiculous at times. 
Especially when you look at what he’s done for the club, I still can’t believe we have so many on the Rodgers out bandwagon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Yea but he was preceded by Roy Hodgson and Kenny Dalglish. Remember that he left Liverpool in such a mess that it took Klopp a couple of seasons to clear out the crap and rebuild the squad. Pretty sure the only regular from Rodgers signings in their recent success has been Firmino

Hodgson was there for 1 season and Kenny the same Sir Kenny that won them 3 championship titles? It’s either the manager or it’s the players ??

Ps Milner & Gomez as well as Firmino still there Origi just gone and If Klopp didn’t receive the £122m profit of Rodgers signing of Courtinho to buy what he’s brought in then who knows what would have happened??

You saying Emre Can, Toure, Alberto, Sakho, Sturridge, Allan, Lallana, Lovren, Ings, Mignolet, Clyne  were bad signings during his tenure? Even lambert scored 28 goals over 2 season not bad really As well as the other 4 mentioned that still there.

7 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Every Liverpool fan I knew was desperate for Rodgers to go at least a year before he did. He frustrated the hell out of them. Very stubborn in his approach. 

A year before he left, so if it’s down to the manager they wouldn’t have achieved that 2nd place, the highest position they had achieved in premiership history at that point and only bettered  once since!

See this is it, there is a personal attachment to Rodgers, people don’t like him with talk of hatred & hatred is an emotion & what does Ricky Gervais say about emotions?

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BigMicky said:

Do you listen to Putin still or….?

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, don’t accept it but listen. The opposite of living in an echo chamber is considerably worse

In fairness I listened/read what he said about Praet last Thursday/Friday. He surprised me by what he said and I was pretty happy. And then Sunday happened and I realised it was yet more Rodgers bullsh*t

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

In fairness I listened/read what he said about Praet last Thursday/Friday. He surprised me by what he said and I was pretty happy. And then Sunday happened and I realised it was yet more Rodgers bullsh*t

As you may have slightly suspected, I am generally behind the manager.  :D

However

Praet thing blows my mind, what happens between watching him play consistently well in pre-season to not even being first choice sub to replace a midfielder

And yes, I hear the  Rodgers making a transfer point argument, and not sure what we can do about it 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

As you may have slightly suspected, I am generally behind the manager.  :D

However

Praet thing blows my mind, what happens between watching him play consistently well in pre-season to not even being first choice sub to replace a midfielder

And yes, I hear the  Rodgers making a transfer point argument, and not sure what we can do about it 

Sacking him would be best. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Didn't know Putin had spoken about Praet. Surprised he has the time. 

16 hours ago, itude said:

Ouch, from a Liverpool fan :

Rodgers is a bad Manager.

In all those years as the Liverpool Manager he managed only once to reach the top 4 (2013-2014 season).

He was a good scout. So he assembled a lot of good players together.

But a manager should:
1. Understand the talent his players possess and use it according to the team.
2. Device tactics and game plan according to the opponent team.
3. Learn from performances and correct the mistakes.
4. Win matches, trophies and honours.

But he was incapable in these aspects."

Oh dear, same old stuff in the main then

His transfer record was appalling.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

If you look at Liverpool before Rodgers came in, it’s clear he left Liverpool in a better position than when he arrived. 
Likewise, the season he arrived with us, Celtic completed their treble treble.

He certainly has his floors, but some of the stuff that gets thrown at him on here is beyond ridiculous at times. 
Especially when you look at what he’s done for the club, I still can’t believe we have so many on the Rodgers out bandwagon.

It's well known that Rodgers starts well at jobs but it disintegrates once he assembles a side in his own image.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Guest454545 said:

The Europa League final squad was before Klopp had a window to work in, of course it'd be the squad he inherited. Still a poor squad that had no place reaching European finals (and would never have done so under Rodgers or really any non elite manager). The champions league line up was 6 Klopp signings, one youth team product who got his breakthrough under Klopp, 1 Dalglish signing (who Rodgers tried to sell to Fulham), then 3 who arrived under Rodgers in Lovren, Milner and Firmino. Padding the bench with Rodgers signings he hadn't yet been able to shift out fine, but he had to shift and replace pretty much all of them before creating a side that were capable of a title challenge, because what Klopp inherited was at best a 6-8th place squad. 

5 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Hodgson was there for 1 season and Kenny the same Sir Kenny that won them 3 championship titles? It’s either the manager or it’s the players ??

Ps Milner & Gomez as well as Firmino still there Origi just gone and If Klopp didn’t receive the £122m profit of Rodgers signing of Courtinho to buy what he’s brought in then who knows what would have happened??

You saying Emre Can, Toure, Alberto, Sakho, Sturridge, Allan, Lallana, Lovren, Ings, Mignolet, Clyne  were bad signings during his tenure? Even lambert scored 28 goals over 2 season not bad really As well as the other 4 mentioned that still there.

What championship titles? Dalglishs season in charge they finished 8th, and the Hodgson/Dalglish season they finished 6th. 

Yes, pretty much all of those signings were bad. I had it in my head that Milner arrived a year later but ok, Can was good, Lallana remainded an ok squad player, Sturridge had one great season alongside Suarez but the rest...

Alberto Moreno went to a bit part player the moment Klopp got a transfer window to work in and Sakho + Toure were sold in that first summer window, Joe Allen was never good enough, Ings made a total of 14 appearances for them, Mingolet was a bombscare, as was Lovren. Clyne managed one season under Klopp before getting replaced, and Lambert was also never good enough. What you've given is a list of the overhaul Klopp had to make to create a squad capable of even challenging for CL qualification.