Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

31 minutes ago, gazzaa2 said:

His transfer record was appalling.

He needs a better recruitment team. Rodgers with a Steve Walsh set up above him is a completely different proposition. Other fans warned us about Congerton. But it's a similar story on defending set pieces. That's Kolo Toure's job. Rather than sack Toure we spend more money on a set piece coach. It's like because he played for top 6 teams he's the Ivory Coast version of Tony Adams. Watch some of the Prem games from about 15 years ago. Toure is a liability. He was only a regular at Arsenal for about 2 seasons in about 5 here was there. At Man City & Liverpool he was nearly always the back up. Yet Rodgers seemingly rather blame the players rather than the guy working with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Sacking him would be best. 

Martin Samuel of Daily Mail fame has written that his sympathy is with Rodgers , basically we are fortunate to have him and he may decide to walk away. What B S . If he is not committed to the club then that is as destabilising as Fofana or Maddison believing the grass is greener elsewhere. He won't resign when he is due a massive pay out if sacked. Hope on folks this season is going to be a very bumpy ride.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gazzaa2 said:

It's well known that Rodgers starts well at jobs but it disintegrates once he assembles a side in his own image.

Is it? Because that wasn’t the case at Celtic, or Swansea, I wouldn’t say it’s the case here either. 
Liverpool is an interesting one because he got them their best ever PL finish, but they slipped the following season and he was probably sacked before being given the chance to turn it around. If Gerrard doesn’t slip who knows how BR would be seen on Merseyside now.

46 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Is it? Because that wasn’t the case at Celtic, or Swansea, I wouldn’t say it’s the case here either. 
Liverpool is an interesting one because he got them their best ever PL finish, but they slipped the following season and he was probably sacked before being given the chance to turn it around. If Gerrard doesn’t slip who knows how BR would be seen on Merseyside now.

If VAR didn’t exist I wonder what would be made of Rodgers here now.

11 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Fans who want Rodgers sacked, please name me a better coach who will come in and do a better job given our current situation?

Current situation? Is this the situation that Brendan has put us in with his crap transfers last season no wonder the board is not backing him anymore. 

10 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Fans who want Rodgers sacked, please name me a better coach who will come in and do a better job given our current situation?

This is the problem there are no obvious candidates that spring to mind. However Rodgers is paid big bucks to make us a better team. I feel we are going backwards at the moment. Hopefully he can run it around I am not so sure he can do it.

14 hours ago, BigMicky said:

I also find it quite amazing that posters freely admit that they turn all forms of media off when he is talking. How can you form an opinion if you refuse to listen to him.. This site is priceless. 

Why? You dont need to continue to listen to someone once your opinion is formed. So at the point of no longer listening to him you've formed an opinion.

I never used to listen to David Pleat in the end. His after match comments  were never about the game we had seen. He would always claim we was unlucky. In a 1-0 or 2-1 you can be unlucky. In a 4-0 or 5-0 defeat your just shite

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Marco Rose, André Villas-Boas and Jorge Sampaoli would be 3 on my shortlist.

Guest Col city fan
13 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Why? You dont need to continue to listen to someone once your opinion is formed. So at the point of no longer listening to him you've formed an opinion.

I never used to listen to David Pleat in the end. His after match comments  were never about the game we had seen. He would always claim we was unlucky. In a 1-0 or 2-1 you can be unlucky. In a 4-0 or 5-0 defeat your just shite

That’s true! I switched off to you years ago Welly!

:D

Cue a joke here about how everyone has switched me off on here!

👍

Guest itude

At the risk of abuse, Sean Dyche. Like him or not, he has the skills to get the maximum out of a team. He has proved that, for years.

Just now, itude said:

At the risk of abuse, Sean Dyche. Like him or not, he has the skills to get the maximum out of a team. He has proved that, for years.

Come on, you can’t be serious? If our aim is to continually aim to disrupt the top six you can’t tell me on any level that we have a better chance of doing that under Dyche than we do Rodgers.

Guest itude

Well why don't you tell us exactly why that is then ?

Not much chance of that under Rodgers is there ? and hardly a large set of excellent managers lining up to take over. He is premier league proven , tell me another who will come with the same or better record then, please do.

Edited by itude

2 minutes ago, itude said:

Well why don't you tell us exactly why that is then ?

Not much chance of that under Rodgers is there ? and hardly a large set of excellent managers lining up to take over. He is premier league proven , tell me another who will come with the same or better record then, please do.

Well considering Rodgers has done it twice and won trophies I would say there is a chance under him, certainly more chance than under Dyche.

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Let’s start with both times he managed in the Premier League…

"Villas-Boas left the club with the highest percentage of league wins of any Tottenham manager in the club's Premier League era" aside from Conte he still is, He's a decent manager...and it's not like I'm suggesting Dyche :P 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

That’s true! I switched off to you years ago Welly!

:D

Cue a joke here about how everyone has switched me off on here!

👍

I like your posts.

I still think the Lee Cattermole was the funniest though.

That was on a par with the My mates the ref thread 😂😂😂😂😂😂

9 hours ago, BKLFox said:

A year before he left, so if it’s down to the manager they wouldn’t have achieved that 2nd place, the highest position they had achieved in premiership history at that point and only bettered  once since!

See this is it, there is a personal attachment to Rodgers, people don’t like him with talk of hatred & hatred is an emotion & what does Ricky Gervais say about emotions?

I think they were growing tired with style of play and errors that were consistently occurring. I think fans of Liverpool are slightly less forgiving then us. The 6-1 collapse at the end of the season after the 3-1 collapse against Palace the week before must’ve had them shell shock. There isn’t some vendetta against Rodgers, these traits have followed him around.

• Like 1