Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Won't lie, I miss the 4141. I want Tielemans to be playing higher up. I think Ndidi's played well in a 2, but I prefer him as a single holding midfielder. Only difficulty is that limits the time Kelechi and Daka will get.

Edited by Beechey

For me Rodgers is a good manager when plan A works. When it doesn't he's too slow to adjust and sometimes he doesn't adjust at all. West Ham are a case in point. We know how they play and they've been very successful against us. I thought Rodgers would have a game plan to counter that, but no, we just fell right into their hands again this season. We're a good team who can play possession or counter, we need to mix the game plan up to keep the opposition guessing. At the moment we spend half the game passing from GK to the CBs and back again.

• Like 2

Guest Danny Clender
2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

The issue with xG it is that it assumes every player is born equal.

There is no taking into account the actual quality of the player taking the shot or making the save.  

Ronaldo and Albrighton can have a chance will the same xG, but who is more likely to score?

From 2014-2020, Kane, Vardy, Mohamed Salah and many more have all out performed their xG, so it is possible to defy xg for long periods. 

If you use xG, xF and Xa, Man C should have won the 2019/20 title over Liverpool by 13 points rather then losing it by 18 points. Using those stats Liverpool should have got 39 fewer point over the 2018/19- 2019/20 season.

Once again it is possible to out preform xG, xF and xA for long periods of time, because it does't take in to account player quality.

xG is effectively evaluating the quality of 'chances' created. The team that has the higher xG in a match doesn’t necessarily imply that they should’ve won the game. xG is only measuring chance quality and not the expected outcome of the game.

I will have a bet with you that we don't finish in the bottom half, £500? How confident are you? 

exactly, we’re a Buddhist team, fans fail to grasp this. 

I'm a little tired of us getting bullied, tbh.

We seem to have a pretty lightweight team. We had an opportunity to bring in a bit defensive presence in the transfer window after Fofana's injury, and went for another lightweight central defender. Antonio running riot the other week was depressingly predictable. Rudiger did it at the back end of last season for Chelsea - just ran around shoving players out the way. We're a fairly scrawny bunch.

Cags seems to have been told not to get angry any more. Perez/Maddison and even post chubby Youri are all pretty easy to knock off the ball. Little boys lost when things aren't going well.

Hopefully Soumare will add a bit of oomph...but I'm not entirely sure where he will fit in when everyone is fit - Rodgers is pretty conservative with his selection. Wif, Youri and Soumare in the middle would make me quite happy - but his odd fixation with Perez makes that unlikely.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Milo said:

I'm a little tired of us getting bullied, tbh.

We seem to have a pretty lightweight team. We had an opportunity to bring in a bit defensive presence in the transfer window after Fofana's injury, and went for another lightweight central defender. Antonio running riot the other week was depressingly predictable. Rudiger did it at the back end of last season for Chelsea - just ran around shoving players out the way. We're a fairly scrawny bunch.

Cags seems to have been told not to get angry any more. Perez/Maddison and even post chubby Youri are all pretty easy to knock off the ball. Little boys lost when things aren't going well.

Hopefully Soumare will add a bit of oomph...but I'm not entirely sure where he will fit in when everyone is fit - Rodgers is pretty conservative with his selection. Wif, Youri and Soumare in the middle would make me quite happy - but his odd fixation with Perez makes that unlikely.  

Yeah. I guess Wilf and Soumare were the anti bully measures. Fair play to Rodgers for getting him in. We’ve only seen them together once and Soumare ain’t had that many minutes yet. Got to give it a bit of time.

Edited by Foxxed

13 hours ago, Flappit said:

Misunderstanding of what statistics and xg shows you is a common theme on this board. The usual response is along the lines of what you've said, or "Leicester outperform xg, so there"

I’ve never quite got the xG. There was, however, a while ago when we were massively out-performing our xG. And, if I recall correctly, that was Rodger’s miracle half season right before the tremendous nose-dive. It’s food for thought. Our xG for this season can only come from a few games, however, and one against the statical outliner Man City, so it’s hard to have a statistically useful value currently.

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Yeah. I guess Wilf and Ndidi were the anti bully measures. Fair play to Rodgers for getting him in. We’ve only seen them together once and Soumare ain’t had that many minutes yet. Got to give it a bit of time.

....I suspect a typo....!!!

We need to have Tielemans out of the firing line for a period, playing too many games and too much baggage surrounding him at the moment. Getting Soumare and  KDH in the team would compensate for Tielemans as we could in effect play with two #8s.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I suspect a typo....!!!

We need to have Tielemans out of the firing line for a period, playing too many games and too much baggage surrounding him at the moment. Getting Soumare and  KDH in the team would compensate for Tielemans as we could in effect play with two #8s.

Yeah I mistook him for Kante.

Both KDH and Soumare need bedding in. I suspect we’ll do one at a time.

Big 45 minutes ahead or things may start to get ugly off the back of this for him. It may only be 5 games in and despite what he's done with regards to the FA cup and community shield you get the feeling a number of fans still haven't taken to him. Add in this style of play, his persistence with certain personnel and an expected sense of entitlement from fans (we should be champions League contenders shouldn't we?) I can see the tide turn quickly.

Won’t be here much longer.

Awful start to the season. Didn’t even deserve the points we have.

Recruitment the worst in years and makes no sense - spending money on soumare to then loan out praet for nothing. Waste of money. Could have kept praet and saved a chunk. Bought the wrong striker. Still no right winger, which was the position we needed most.

Persisting with the stubborn short pass indirect pointless football. What’s the point in having quick forwards if you aren’t going to hit balls for them to run on to?

this season was the season we had to get top 4. Past two seasons have been a failure and we’ve thrown it away. Doing that again is unforgivable and will ultimately see us lose Youri and probably others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

he gets such an easy ride from the media, now today will be all about the ref/VAR instead of his team selection handicapping us again from KO, the best we have looked all season came with Maddison out of the side.

whomever is still running set piece defence despite it being shite for years. But the press won't grill him on any of that it will all be about the penalty and disallowed goals

• Like 2

Rodgers: "We played too many passes into areas they would want us to."

Correct Brendan, Sideways? Backwards? Putting ourselves in trouble and under pressure for no necessary reason whatsoever? I'd be rubbing my hands together aswell if I were the opposition.

We'll try it again next week though and act surprised when it leads to a negative outcome next week though :brendan::schmike:

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Rodgers: "We played too many passes into where they wanted us to play them".

Correct Brendan, Sideways? Backwards? Putting ourselves in trouble and under pressure for no necessary reason whatsoever? I'd be rubbing my hands together aswell if I were the opposition.

We'll try it again next week though and act surprised when it leads to a negative outcome next week though :brendan::schmike:

lol this is very on the nose. You could be doing a parody or this could have been the real interview, I have no idea, but I do know ive heard similar a hundred times before haha

This will be his last season here I think. Taken us as far as he can IMO and he's done brilliant but I don't think we'll get any better under him now. 

Constantly trying to shoe horn players in rather than playing to our strengths. It's not even exciting football to watch most of the time now too. 

I hope the club our looking at possible managers we may go for once he's left.