Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Fans who want Rodgers sacked, please name me a better coach who will come in and do a better job given our current situation?

There's are multiple threads on this such as "who next after brendan?" "if Rodgers goes..." and "new manager". Here's a highly upvoted list from one of those threads: Rudi Garcia - free Andre Villas-Boas - free Unai Emery - Villareal Urs Fischer - Union Berlin Gerardo Seoane - Leverkusen Bruno Genesio - Rennes Christophe Galtier - Nice Ruben Amorim - Sporting (Favre at the time was free, Bielsa is still on the market)

Apart from Galiter who has taken that next step up to a top level side and so far has taken PSG to the next level almost instantly, we cant prove any of these are better than Rodgers, but there are definitely options availabe and these are the types of managers we should be looking at.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I think they were growing tired with style of play and errors that were consistently occurring. I think fans of Liverpool are slightly less forgiving then us. The 6-1 collapse at the end of the season after the 3-1 collapse against Palace the week before must’ve had them shell shock. There isn’t some vendetta against Rodgers, these traits have followed him around.

....there definitely seems to be a pattern with Rodgers!!!

Below taken from Wikipedia:

A run of 11-straight wins for Liverpool left them five points clear at the top of the Premier League with just three matches to play.[59] However, they then suffered a 2–0 home defeat to Chelsea on 27 April.[60] This result handed the advantage to Manchester City in the title race. In their next game away to Crystal Palace on 5 May, Liverpool led 3–0 with 11 minutes to go, but the game finished 3–3.[61] Liverpool ended the season as Premier League runners-up, two points behind champions Manchester City

18 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If anyone here thinks we could achieved more with the players we have and all the injuries we've had and with our budget over the last 3 years then you're in la la land.

Let me guess sun lit uplands await if only we could change manager.

Not necessarily about achieving more. More about whether one can accept the shortcomings of the manager in charge. Is the style, the shortcomings, the habits continually acceptable. If they are, sure, continue. If they’re not, do we freshen it up and get someone with a fresh approach. If it’s the former, we can’t really complain when we completely collapse again as that is part and parcel of a Rodgers team. It’s what we are accepting alongside high priced squad fillers who struggle to contribute.

Changing managers isn’t always a bad thing. I think Rodgers has done some very good things here but now and for the last 18 months, we’ve become accustomed to being weak. Time will tell if this acceptance is worth it for the long term benefit of the clubs progression.

22 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If anyone here thinks we could achieved more with the players we have and all the injuries we've had and with our budget over the last 3 years then you're in la la land.

Let me guess sun lit uplands await if only we could change manager.

Perhaps injuries stem from rotating the wrong players at the wrong time, an not resting key players when there is an opportunity. Vardy came back played about 2-3 games and was injured for another month.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

There's are multiple threads on this such as "who next after brendan?" "if Rodgers goes..." and "new manager". Here's a highly upvoted list from one of those threads: Rudi Garcia - free Andre Villas-Boas - free Unai Emery - Villareal Urs Fischer - Union Berlin Gerardo Seoane - Leverkusen Bruno Genesio - Rennes Christophe Galtier - Nice Ruben Amorim - Sporting (Favre at the time was free, Bielsa is still on the market)

Apart from Galiter who has taken that next step up to a top level side and so far has taken PSG to the next level almost instantly, we cant prove any of these are better than Rodgers, but there are definitely options availabe and these are the types of managers we should be looking at.

Unai Emery was on a fairly similar par to Arteta given the time he had, an I believe there has been a bit more investment he may have had a better chance, I think he's the type of manager that operates best in a slightly lower profile club which we are compared to the big 6, he's also succeeded in Europe on multiple occasions unlike Rogers, an I believe we'd tempt him, defence would be night and day different, we may lose slight attacking intent, but we can quite strike the correct balance now anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, itude said:

At the risk of abuse, Sean Dyche. Like him or not, he has the skills to get the maximum out of a team. He has proved that, for years.

Sorry Sean 

I think the way Burnley played after you got sacked revealed quite a lot 

I’m sure you’ll comment that they still went down …..

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
48 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I like your posts.

I still think the Lee Cattermole was the funniest though.

That was on a par with the My mates the ref thread 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Do you know, as far as I can recollect I never said I wanted to sign Cattermole. 
I could be wrong, it was 2015!!

I think I said that ‘type’ of player and then mentioned Cattermole. As in, a tough midfielder, rather than Cambiasso with his ageing legs.

Of course, as always on here it exploded and the rest is history. At least it’s provided everyone with a laff for years!

😂

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Come on, you can’t be serious? If our aim is to continually aim to disrupt the top six you can’t tell me on any level that we have a better chance of doing that under Dyche than we do Rodgers.

How do you know he cant, that's the point we dont, he had no where near the standard of players and training facilities that BR has, with those key attributes and 9 times what Burnley paid him how do you know he cant do as well if not better?

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

Marco Rose, André Villas-Boas and Jorge Sampaoli would be 3 on my shortlist.

1 hour ago, itude said:

At the risk of abuse, Sean Dyche. Like him or not, he has the skills to get the maximum out of a team. He has proved that, for years.

Jesus christ 🤦‍♂️

Edited by lanefox

1 minute ago, Vazman said:

How do you know he cant, that's the point we dont, he had no where near the standard of players and training facilities that BR has, with those key attributes and 9 times what Burnley paid him how do you know he cant do as well if not better?

We don’t, it would be a punt, and I am not sure we are a “punting” club these days

11 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Let's assume he has been a 'Success' because of these league finishes. Where have these league finishes got us? We haven't recruited better players because of it. Vardy is still out best striker, Maddison is still our best midfielder, Barnes is still our best (and only) winger, Evans is still our best centre half, Kasper was still our best keeper. So where exactly has he succeeded? 

If Rodgers stayed for the next 4 years and recruited as well as he has done for the past 4 years, people realise we will be in the Championship right? So how exactly is relegation considered 'Success'?

Kasper, Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Tielemans, Maddison, Albrighton, Perez and Vardy all need to be replaced in the next two years. How can people genuinely believe the worst recruiter in this PL era for us is the 'Right man' to do that?

Carlo Ancelotti got Everton's highest points total in the past 5 years. But he wasted so much money on poor recruitment, that they're paying for it with the FFP mess they're in now with a terrible squad. League finish is not the only indicator of progression or success, in fact it's barely relevant at all.

That’s a lot of various roles you are blaming Rodgers for. lol

• Like 2

Guest itude
51 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Jesus christ 🤦‍♂️

All very well but hows about you provide some meat for that ?

Guest itude
52 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We don’t, it would be a punt, and I am not sure we are a “punting” club these days

So what are we then ? Its a much better punt than a lot of others I can think of. Dreams of Potter ? nah he ain't coming here, he has about £80 million left at Brighton to spend yet.

Guest itude
47 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Let's assume he has been a 'Success' because of these league finishes. Where have these league finishes got us? We haven't recruited better players because of it. Vardy is still out best striker, Maddison is still our best midfielder, Barnes is still our best (and only) winger, Evans is still our best centre half, Kasper was still our best keeper. So where exactly has he succeeded? 

If Rodgers stayed for the next 4 years and recruited as well as he has done for the past 4 years, people realise we will be in the Championship right? So how exactly is relegation considered 'Success'?

Kasper, Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Tielemans, Maddison, Albrighton, Perez and Vardy all need to be replaced in the next two years. How can people genuinely believe the worst recruiter in this PL era for us is the 'Right man' to do that?

Carlo Ancelotti got Everton's highest points total in the past 5 years. But he wasted so much money on poor recruitment, that they're paying for it with the FFP mess they're in now with a terrible squad. League finish is not the only indicator of progression or success, in fact it's barely relevant at all.

That last bit sounds a bit like....err  Rodgers

Guest itude
35 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That’s a lot of various roles you are blaming Rodgers for. lol

Take your pick there are plenty to choose from

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Except there really isn’t

I can see it would be crazy to sack him without an excellent replacement.

Yet I dont understand why you are so keen on him.  Lets assume the board line up someone reasonable   then how much more of Brendan's nonsense are you willing to put up with?  The football is turgid, his in game tactics and subs are harmful.   He doesn't accept any responsibility for his mistakes and blames others. Blameless clown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

I suppose that's why Top was saying he hopes for a better league finish if we keep everyone fit?

TBF If we finish in 4th instead of 5th I don't think this debate exists. I get the criticisms of Rodgers, I share a lot of them but honestly league finishes are ALL that matters. You're recognised as a club or as a manager by achieving high-placed finishes. No matter what signings we make, if he finishes top 6 this season he'll get another new deal, finish 10th or below and he'll probably be sacked.