Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

22 minutes ago, ronnup said:

To call last season a failure, where we achieved European football and won the FA cup, is just remarkable. Our fan base is becoming a disgrace. 

Agreed. I think criticism of the current approach is absolutely justified but that's just a stupid post.

Also, I think Brendan's position is probably just about the most secure in the PL so those hoping for his sacking might find they're waiting a while.

Guest Kopfkino

Why are the journalists around the club so bad? For example, why doesn’t someone ask him directly what Maddison has done in the last half a season to justify starting games, let alone being shoehorned into positions he shouldn’t be playing. All the questions are too passive, too much just asking for information, too many questions that are easy to bat away with the standard guff, too soft, too passive rather than asking the question that actually needs the answer.

1 hour ago, dooflip said:

Won’t be here much longer.

Awful start to the season. Didn’t even deserve the points we have.

Recruitment the worst in years and makes no sense - spending money on soumare to then loan out praet for nothing. Waste of money. Could have kept praet and saved a chunk. Bought the wrong striker. Still no right winger, which was the position we needed most.

Persisting with the stubborn short pass indirect pointless football. What’s the point in having quick forwards if you aren’t going to hit balls for them to run on to?

this season was the season we had to get top 4. Past two seasons have been a failure and we’ve thrown it away. Doing that again is unforgivable and will ultimately see us lose Youri and probably others.

If you were expecting us to be in top 4 this season after the amount of money those 4 teams have spent you are deluded.

42 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he gets such an easy ride from the media, now today will be all about the ref/VAR instead of his team selection handicapping us again from KO, the best we have looked all season came with Maddison out of the side.

whomever is still running set piece defence despite it being shite for years. But the press won't grill him on any of that it will all be about the penalty and disallowed goals

Don't expect the press to ask him anything challenging.

We just have to hope he feels a change is needed.

I find it hard to completely fault a single bloke for these slow starts. He can take some stick for the continued selection of Maddison but he isn’t the fella who controls some of the poor on pitch decision making. Our midfield three for example in the first half couldn’t pass for anything. 

• Like 3

Our style all just seems very familiar, and has been devolving into this for a while now.

At half time, the match stats are always scarily similar, lions share of possession, fewer shots, even fewer on target. Littered with 2 or 3 heart in mouth moments where we've overplayed.

Not sure who we can bring in to replace Rodgers and not advocating his dismissal, but I'd be excited to at least roll the dice. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, LCFC hub said:

This will be his last season here I think. Taken us as far as he can IMO and he's done brilliant but I don't think we'll get any better under him now. 

Constantly trying to shoe horn players in rather than playing to our strengths. It's not even exciting football to watch most of the time now too. 

I hope the club our looking at possible managers we may go for once he's left. 

To be Frank, I hope so too.

7 minutes ago, Collibosher70 said:

Anyone know what he writes in it ? Bread..milk..assorted crisps..jam..meatballs...got to be cos it ain't tactics

"Pies in the concourse are shite"

"Nacho not performing well on the bench again"

All jokes aside just want him to recognize what a lot of people are pointing out  in various threads and make the right choices. 

I know we  are in europa and cup games but number 1 will always be the prem league.  Must win there over any other game. 

We are missing Fofana and justin big time though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Unbelievable comments in here again, the man has improved us every season he has been here, won us the FA Cup and because we have a slow start to the season, some are seriously calling for his head!

Madness!

Has he improved us every season or is it just as much about the quality of players he's had to work with compared to Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel? Would he have been capable of winning the Premiership with the players Ranieri had? Really?

Two seasons on the trot now its been a debacle each time after Christmas, largely due to certain management decisions re formations and player selections. Are we calling this a poor start to a season conveniently or in reality, is it merely a  continuation of the slide since last Christmas?

The FA Cup was great but we were very fortunate imo. He doesn't appear to learn from his mistakes ie West Ham, three times, no lessons learned? Should a squad injected with some exciting new talent in the summer not be putting up a better and more attacking fight? Does the loss of a couple of centre halves merit this? Most of that time that new talent has been sat on the bench together with last years top goalscorer. Is that a good thing?

• Like 3

It wasn't all that long after losing to Millwall in a cup game that Ranieri was sacked, and Puel lasted a month or so after losing to Newport. I'm not saying it's a bad omen, but if there's no improvement over the next month or two, Brendan could very well be gone before Christmas. I'm still backing him and I hope he's able to pull us out of this prolonged slump, but if he continues to be stubborn in his tactical approach and team selections, then sooner or later, he's a goner. Stagnation is inevitable, sure, but when was the last time we looked consistently good? He needs to get it through his head that sacrificing attacking impetus for a false semblance of control isn't viable, especially when damn near every other team has us figured out. The next few games will be telling.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keiriel said:

It wasn't all that long after losing to Millwall in a cup game that Ranieri was sacked, and Puel lasted a month or so after losing to Newport. I'm not saying it's a bad omen, but if there's no improvement over the next month or two, Brendan could very well be gone before Christmas. I'm still backing him and I hope he's able to pull us out of this prolonged slump, but if he continues to be stubborn in his tactical approach and team selections, then sooner or later, he's a goner. Stagnation is inevitable, sure, but when was the last time we looked consistently good? He needs to get it through his head that sacrificing attacking impetus for a false semblance of control isn't viable, especially when damn near every other team has us figured out. The next few games will be telling.

It would be worse than Ranieri or Puel leaving because this time around we've let the manager bring in all his staff. Congerton took over as Head of Senior Recruitment. The physio team was changed to Rodgers men and his way. We've invested more in Rodgers than we have the previous managers so I don't think it will even be considered.

• Sad 2

Guest Kopfkino
1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Why are the journalists around the club so bad? For example, why doesn’t someone ask him directly what Maddison has done in the last half a season to justify starting games, let alone being shoehorned into positions he shouldn’t be playing. All the questions are too passive, too much just asking for information, too many questions that are easy to bat away with the standard guff, too soft, too passive rather than asking the question that actually needs the answer.

Good case in point today. He implicitly admits he got it wrong by saying we had more penetration with an actual winger on the pitch and Rob Tanner follows that with ‘How do you remain so calm?’ as if he’s interviewing him for a management self-help book. He then asks about how Brendan can help Maddison back to form without asking why he’s playing a player whose confidence looks shot out of position to be hooked at half time.