Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This ****er has just blamed our inability to stop Arsenal scoring immediately after we scored TWICE to….wait for it…experience. 

You’ve been managing this lot for 3 ****ing years. 3 ****ing years.

We probably have more premier league caps in our starting 11 than Arsenal have.

4 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Sometimes managers have there sell by date, it doesn't mean they are crap but they've had their time, Poch had his at the Spuds.  I think we could be in for a long season with Rodgers at the helm, I could be wrong and I hope so, but at this moment in time it doesn't feel good, the team feels stale and that isn't because of the lack of transfers, it has been like that for a year. 

Totally agree. The abuse he gets is totally uncalled for however I think it's pretty clear his time here is up. Every manager has a shelf life. Done a good job on the whole but you're absolutely spot on when you say it's gone stale.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dames said:

Apparently we have to play the way we do with 3cbs because of the ‘profile of players’ that we have. He’s trying to shirk responsibility again and it won’t wash. 

This is simply not true. A back 4 of Timmy, Wes, Jonny and Justin is fine as has been proved many times. 

Rodgers on not being able to keep themselves in the game: "It's a lack of experience from a number of players in our team that aren't used to the level. You've got to look after the ball and certainly in the fourth goal you can see we've given it away."

Rodgers' thoughts on the performance: "It was a mixed bag. The players gave everything. It was an extremely hot day. We were aggressive but obviously have to play a certain way because of the profile of players we have."

——

I think there is definitely a strong dislike from Rodgers on the fact they haven’t brought anyone in. These comments are straight to the point. We don’t have the players to compete.

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People call for Poch no way does he go from PSG, to Leicester who don't want to spend money.

I think it’s probably more (links to likes of Poch) wanting a sign that we remain ambitious and want to challenge for silverware/ top six.

Agree tho I think Poch is a non starter for the reasons you outlined 

Edited by JimmyC74

17 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

“Too big to fail” makes absolutely no sense with a manager.  If he needs firing, he needs firing.  At some point you’ll have to bite the bullet- is six months from now after another wasted season really so much better than now?

I'm coming from the perspective that he got us into this mess so he needs to get us out of it. For all of his failings he is still one of the better coaches in the country so he needs to get his shit together, take responsibility and stop the rot.

I don't know that there is a readily available alternative (in terms of a manager capable of taking on the big 6) right now?

We need this season to find the right manager so we don't panic and end up giving a Dyche or someone too basic a 3 year deal to keep us in the league. If we do that then mid-table will be our new ceiling.

34 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

There was a time in the not too distant past, where we had surpassed them.

The handbrake has gone on since, we have signed so many players that we're already looking to move on, whilst they have signed proven, hungry players.

Rodgers has peaked with us, we will continue to move backwards under him.

I only hope he isn't in control next summer, when the real rebuild needs to happen. If he sees the season out, the rebuild needs to start the the manager himself.

....they are still a big club, their Revenue income dwarfs ours and they can afford to spend £72m on a winger and £46m on a striker!!!

The only reason why they were languishing was due to having poor managers in the hot seat.

We need reinforcements but it's well worth remembering that we have a lot of very good players. The 'profile of player' we have is up there with most teams in the league. If anything the 'profile of player we have' would suggest a back 4 is a better idea than a back 5. 

Edited by Tielemans63