Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Brendan Rogers is affectively like a couple that have split up but due to financial commitments continue to live with each other, it isn't good for anyone, I long for the phrase terminated by mutual consent but he isn't giving up this job with the wages he's on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Who are the inexperienced players at this level?!

Evans, as captain, is one of the most experienced you can get! 

Fofana and Amartey have played more than enough games at this level.

Castagne/Justin also.

KDH is the least experienced (?) and he plays better than several others. Tielemans, Ndidi Maddison have been here at least 3 years. Vardy since we came to the PL. 

wasn’t man management supposed to be a strength? If he ain’t motivating and isnt getting the team organised there’s not much hope.

more not so subtle messaging to the Board.

Edited by JimmyC74

4 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

Even after bottling top 4 for the 2nd time there was absolutely no noise in the media. impressive how he does it 

I wouldn't expect them to criticize two successive 5th place finishes and an FA Cup win, it was a great achievement!

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Who are the inexperienced players at this level?!

Evans, as captain, is one of the most experienced you can get! 

Fofana and Amartey have played more than enough games at this level.

Castagne/Justin also.

KDH is the least experienced (?) and he plays better than several others. Tielemans, Ndidi Maddison have been here at least 3 years. Vardy since we came to the PL. 

Exactly.

Weren’t we at our best 2 years ago when a lot of these “inexperienced” players had even less experience.

Look at the PL experience that Rodgers did bring in - Perez, Bertrand and Jannik….experienced but dog muck.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

Exactly.

Weren’t we at our best 2 years ago when a lot of these “inexperienced” players had even less experience.

Look at the PL experience that Rodgers did bring in - Perez, Bertrand and Jannik….experienced but dog muck.

But why don't Owynn (Not just him but him but I mention him being the local media) and the rest of the media pick up on these and challenge his answers?

Ask him tough questions.

I've always wondered this are the club/individuals briefed on questions so they can come up with answers/say no you're not allowed to ask that question e.t.c?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

wasn’t man management supposed to be a strength? If he ain’t motivating and isnt getting the team organised there’s not much hope.

more not so subtle messaging to the Board.

I think man management can be his strength away from a match-day - several players do make comments that they feel supported and believed in by Rodgers, and several also say that he's helped their development. So I won't really argue against him on that point.

But it seems like anything done on the training pitch might just go to pot during the game.

I'd say it's game management as opposed to man management that is the issue. That comes from the manager as much as the players. We have players that make several individual mistakes and experience severe lack of concentration. And sometimes it needs to come from the manager too. Too many in-game situations where the incorrect decisions are made - changes of personnel, changes of formation, tactics. Set-pieces of course a huge issue. 

There's too much wrong than is right at the club - maybe it changes for the better if Rodgers goes. A lot depends on the next manager in - it has to be someone that can get the best out of our players and get us playing attacking football again. Might not happen instantly but if that new manager comes in and gets the players to play with a bit more freedom going forward, then we'll be better. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

But why don't Owynn (Not just him but him but I mention him being the local media) and the rest of the media pick up on these and challenge his answers?

Ask him tough questions.

I've always wondered this are the club/individuals briefed on questions so they can come up with answers/say no you're not allowed to ask that question e.t.c?

Because they don’t want to get banned it’s such a shame, like you say it’s all just a puff piece for Rodgers at this stage.

I’m still angry at the players too though…mentally weak!

32 minutes ago, ronnup said:

There's got to be someone good out there 

....I have just noticed the Brentford v  Man. United score near halftime, if Carlsberg made football opportunities....!!!

If Ten Hag gets the boot, surely they would be looking for someone to take up the role. With the media spouting the Rodgers narrative and we as a club are holding him back, surely Rodgers would jump at the chance to go there. They (United) can afford the buy-out, it only needs a fair wind for it to come true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

Because they don’t want to get banned it’s such a shame, like you say it’s all just a puff piece for Rodgers at this stage.

I’m still angry at the players too though…mentally weak!

Aren't they obliged to do interviews?

They can't ban everyone.

I think SAF refused to do interviews with the BBC so the assistant had to do it.

The fact despite Rodgers reputation within the media he doesn't have enough reputation to act that way.

(In that i've answered my own question - He doesn't get asked the tough questions because of his mates in the media)

• Like 1