Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I've given the guy lots of leeway. He's earned it. But I'm finding it increasingly difficult - not on results, losses happen - but on tactical issues; 

Three random examples, out of scores of problems, I'm  troubled by

A) I was worried deep down when he chose Albrighton over Lookman at Rennes away. I genuinely think we only got a result there as Albrighton limped off early and the sub was forced on him

B) last week's tactical substitution was, avoiding hyperbole, perhaps the worst single tactical decision I've seen in the last 8 years or so. 

C) the decision to omit Papy from the revised EL squad last season. It was a staggeringly poor choice

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I have just noticed the Brentford v  Man. United score near halftime, if Carlsberg made football opportunities....!!!

If Ten Hag gets the boot, surely they would be looking for someone to take up the role. With the media spouting the Rodgers narrative and we as a club are holding him back, surely Rodgers would jump at the chance to go there. They (United) can afford the buy-out, it only needs a fair wind for it to come true.

Wow, just looked. lol

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Some of the more sensible posters on this forum have turned on him. I reckon this could be the moment that turns it.

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

But why don't Owynn (Not just him but him but I mention him being the local media) and the rest of the media pick up on these and challenge his answers?

Ask him tough questions.

I've always wondered this are the club/individuals briefed on questions so they can come up with answers/say no you're not allowed to ask that question e.t.c?

....you can tell Owynn is in awe of him!!!

He (Owynn) has taken over a role that he probably was not expecting so soon in his career. It would be hard to lose the opportunity to interview the manager of the local football team, considering the previous boycott that was in place. You wouldn't want to upset the applecart.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Some of the more sensible posters on this forum have turned on him. I reckon this could be the moment that turns it.

I'm not saying your wrong but how does the opinions of those on Foxestalk carry over to what happens at the club? 

Guest nathan.
2 minutes ago, Corky said:

There's still a good squad of players here. If they aren't well coached or motivated them it is on the manager.

It doesn't matter how talented a team is. 

Poor management brings poor results. 

2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I'm not saying your wrong but how does the opinions of those on Foxestalk carry over to what happens at the club? 

Gives you a good gauge on what actual opinion is across the whole fanbase. 

23 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Dead man walking. Pointless dragging this out, the owner needs to put his hand is his pocket and get this guy gone before the season's over. 

Throwing players under the bus is the latest diversionary tactic. 

.....the cost maybe viewed as just too big!!!

We may have to buy an existing manager out of their contract as well as finance a pay-off for Rodgers, it is a big ask.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Southampton game is a must win. We have some really bad fixtures coming up and we need to get some substantial points on the board.

Is 3 enough ..  cus if you want more in one game we’re in trouble ..  

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Because if it reaches the stands the club will have to do something. By and large he's had support in the stands. If that changes he's ****ed and there are sides of that.