Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Corky said:

He's either signed them or worked with them for 3 and a half years. This crap needs to be called out.

Reading between the lines "lack of experience" really means "not my fault, blame the players".

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....the cost maybe viewed as just too big!!!

We may have to buy an existing manager out of their contract as well as finance a pay-off for Rodgers, it is a big ask.

We could get Dyche for many pound notes. Bargain. 

• Haha 1

Guest Kopfkino
2 minutes ago, Eskay said:

I was sat about 10 feet from Rudkin and Whelan (plus a couple of other faces I recognise but truly don't know who they are).  It was pretty interesting observing them. A couple of key points I picked out....

When they scored Rudkin sat forward and went bright red .....he didn't sit back for the remainder of the game. 

When the score the second he turned and just starred at the away fans. For a good few minutes. 

At half time everyone belted up the steps....Rudkin held up the whole row whilst he stood and watched all the players walk into the tunnel. 

At full time everyone was applauding whilst he had hands in pocket just looking out. 

Generally he looked really angry if I'm honest. 

Probably praying nobody holds him accountable and hope the manager continues to take all the flak 

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I guess so, I just feel like others have suggested, a good result next week and a vocal majority will change their mind.

You’ll get a few on the wind up but most people are starting to realise that the problems are bigger than they think and that one good result won’t mask it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Well to be fair our new keeper has played about 8 games in 5 years. He’s a lacking in experience 29 year old. 

That's why we lost is it? That's why we always appear so naive? Emphasis on the word always. To always appear inexperienced is self evidently contradictory.

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

But why don't Owynn (Not just him but him but I mention him being the local media) and the rest of the media pick up on these and challenge his answers?

Ask him tough questions.

I've always wondered this are the club/individuals briefed on questions so they can come up with answers/say no you're not allowed to ask that question e.t.c?

Tbh it’s just down to incredibly weak journalism. They either don’t want to burn bridges with the manager, or else are just incapable of thinking on their feet when the manager comes back with a nonsense response.

Owynn's commentary is okay, but he’s just not currently able to properly interview under any form of difficult circumstances.

• Like 1

Guest nathan.
1 minute ago, Dames said:

You’ll get a few on the wind up but most people are starting to realise that the problems are bigger than they think and that one good result won’t mask it. 

Or even 2-3 decent results.

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

That's why we lost is it? That's why we always appear so naive? Emphasis on the word always. To always appear inexperienced is self evidently contradictory.

I’ll repeat, I was being sarcastic. 

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....you can tell Owynn is in awe of him!!!

He (Owynn) has taken over a role that he probably was not expecting so soon in his career. It would be hard to lose the opportunity to interview the manager of the local football team, considering the previous boycott that was in place. You wouldn't want to upset the applecart.

I thought he did well asking the pertinent questions in the football forum interview.

Was funny to hear Rodgers buttering him up though, O P-A was clearly throbbing.

25 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....you can tell Owynn is in awe of him!!!

He (Owynn) has taken over a role that he probably was not expecting so soon in his career. It would be hard to lose the opportunity to interview the manager of the local football team, considering the previous boycott that was in place. You wouldn't want to upset the applecart.

dare I say it this is where you miss Ian Stringer he certainly would have asked why he only made 1 sub in response to his excuse last weekend.

Sad thing is Rodgers isn't turning this around but he is rewarding the owners faith by stabbing them in the back virtually every time he opens his mouth

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

A lack of experience.......I hope Rodgers doesn't use that with his missus when it is all over too quickly!

No such thing lad. That’s different. Long as you hit the target it’s all good. Time is money. 

1 minute ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Ward 2

Fofana 37

Evans 345

Amartey 88

Castagne 56

Tielemans 122

Ndidi 167

Dewsbury-Hall 30

Justin 51

Maddison 135

Vardy 272

We must have more premier league caps in our team than arsenal. This doesn’t look like a team without experience.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's a lot to digest this summer already. We've got plenty of problems and we've no idea whether they are minor or now quite deep routed.

Many of us have had serious concerns that we're careering towards disaster for the best part of a year and when this starts to happen for a manager, it's extremely difficult to turn around, even more harder when you aren't able to change the squad. They've gone stale, his ideas and methods have lost effectiveness and yet he's got to carry on working with the exact same squad that he's publicly said he needs to rebuild. There's going to be a good chunk of them who know he doesn't want them and yet due to the obscene wages we have shelled out (not Rodgers fault), many are stuck here because other clubs won't match the wages and our club aren't prepared to be lowballed. It's a horrendous situation and we are in a world of bother if we don't soften our stance and get some movement in and out.

Rodgers is pretty much done here, but it'll cost us best part of £15m to remove him and his staff, that's a nightmare given the predicament we are in but we'll be desperate to rewind to this point and pull the trigger if we carry this on for a good chunk of the season.

I do feel a bit for Rodgers, the club claim to back him and think our squad is capable of top 7 even without strengthening and yet its clear he can't maximise output with this group any longer. That said, he's also brought a lot of problems to our door the longer he's been here and as with almost every club he's been at, he's better working from the off with players he inherits than those either he or those in charge br0ing in for him. Why is that? I put it down not so much to him being an appalling judge of character or player but because once again he's a coach who excels with his methods when the entire squad or certainly the majority of them are receptive to his man management, ideas and coaching. 

I cannot sit back and support the decision to pick Amartey, it's astonishing, and at left centre half? It's up there with Puel playing Demarai Gray as a lone striker. It's Soyuncu's position who is head and shoulders better than Amartey but he's another player who's suffered a crisis of confidence under Rodgers and now he's thrown under the bus.

There's also a problem with him publicly saying Danny Ward is the standout number one when he hadn't earnt the right to do so, it was always an element in to the unknown with Ward as he's played about as much football in the last 5 years as Iversen played last season alone. Fine to start with Ward if that's who he thinks is the appropriate choice but now he'll have to dig in and ignore the growing criticism with Ward until it becomes too much and then he is forced to change it, but in the process Ward will be in ruins and Iversen's confidence from being instantly told he's not in with a chance of being the number 1 here will have taken a massive hit. 

It's too early to say we're relegation fodder but the gap is narrowing to being involved in that and once you are it can be brutal, look at Everton who only a year before were erratic but also on the cusp of challenging the top 7 and after a summer of the gravy train being turned off and acrappung for odds and sods their squad suddenly looked ill equipped and shot to pieces. The word of warning here for us facing a similar issue with not having the financial flexibility to change it up right now is that they didn't really get any improvement from changes in manager either, but that's not a good enough reason to be scared to try and arrest the regression of the Rodgers regime otherwise no-one would ever be brave and make changes.

Twist on Fofana, use the money to get some other shit out and a couple of new faces in and then have the ability to replace Rodgers if things are still looking as hideous as this in a few more weeks.

I have come around to think he has got to go.

At this stage I am not convinced he knows how to turn things around - other than buying his way out of it - and assuming we sell Wes and bring in 2/3 There’s the question over his judgement of a player - as you say.

Edited by JimmyC74

1 minute ago, roblcfc84 said:

I must admit everything feels stale and I do think another manager could get more from these players. 

But who seriously thinks his job under threat? Surely he gets 10 games at least. 

And the rest …. everything thing from selling players to buying players and building an extension to the ground is moving at an arthritic snails pace at the moment ..  

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Majority of them beat every one of the big 6 at least once in the 2020/21 season, the majority of them won the FA Cup and coped well enought to finish 5th x 2 seasons on the bounce. I'd have accepted the lack of experience comments during the nose dive of 2019/20 and even 2020/21 at a push but irs no longer a lack of experience but a lack of mental strength that is summed up and spearheaded to a tee by our manager. If our team lack experience after all this time then so does the manager. Now I'm really annoyed.

I think he was referring to Ward and Praet but still, it's a joke of a comment.

Perhaps trying to protect his players but he's doing his public standing little good at all. Idiotic stuff. 

• Like 1