Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Majority of them beat every one of the big 6 at least once in the 2020/21 season, the majority of them won the FA Cup and coped well enought to finish 5th x 2 seasons on the bounce. I'd have accepted the lack of experience comments during the nose dive of 2019/20 and even 2020/21 at a push but irs no longer a lack of experience but a lack of mental strength that is summed up and spearheaded to a tee by our manager. If our team lack experience after all this time then so does the manager. Now I'm really annoyed.

It’s the sort of drivel he probably spouts to the players to defend them, and probably the reason why we have a soft underbelly of conceding late goals and kick off goals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s an odd bloke isn’t he. He’d be valid in saying the players were poor after scoring both of our goals but instead he waffles on about something which isn’t true. 

A strange man 

Rodgers has a narrative and a story to sell. He works wonders with young players, has them punching above their weight on limited resources. He’s then never backed adequately by the clubs he works at which is why things go wrong. Not his fault at all.

He will make the same comments time after time to reinforce that narrative. And the media will lap it up for the reasons others have said - they’re either not interested to dig deeper or they’re incentivised to suck up to him.

Interviews with the media are the manager’s chance to speak to the fans. That’s not how Rodgers sees it though. He sees it as a chance to talk to the media - that’s it. There’s a reason plenty of fans have never really taken to him but of course he lacks the introspection to wonder if it might perhaps be something to do with him.

For me he lost the team about 10 months ago. Same half arsed rubbish week in week out. He has no clue how to resolve this situation and weekly seems more and more isolated from the players. Set piece goal conceded today. 6 against so far in 2 matches. Slow passive style. The season has just merged with the last. Time for a change. 

• Like 1

I’ve stuck with Rodgers through the bad patches last season. I’m not (yet) wanting him to go, but he’s hanging by a thread.

Some things aren’t his fault. But I think he can carry the can for:

- sticking with a back three/five, despite the wealth of evidence it doesn’t suit us

- calling for a refresh halfway through last season, thereby alienating our squad players 

- poor recruitment last summer (he might share the blame with Rudkin, who knows who is really calling the shots)

- the mystifying failure to play Iheanacho and decision to keep playing Tielemans 

Most worry of all - I went to the game today and…we have given up trying to play out from the back? 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a massive fan of playing out from the back…but if that’s what he was asking the team to do all last year, why abandon it now? Lack of faith in the players? 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the thing that's really starting to piss me off is he seems to be trying to turn fans against the owners to save his own hide, they deserve better than that from this charlatan 

I think the majority of fans can see past his bullshit.

44 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Always the players, never him. Lacks responsibility when we lose but wants all the plaudits when we win. 

The crap he comes out with is now on par with Puel.

There’s nothing likeable about the bloke. Hope the board just cut our losses with him.

12 minutes ago, Hales said:

If we are questioning his decisions, tactics and substitutions then surely the players are.....

I think most of the players tuned out 10 months ago. Tielemans hasn't been the same player since the cup final. The defence is a complete ****ing shambles. Things has gone stale, similar to Poch at Spurs. I think Rodgers is on his last legs and will probably be moved on in September.

Edited by Koke

14 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the thing that's really starting to piss me off is he seems to be trying to turn fans against the owners to save his own hide, they deserve better than that from this charlatan 

Some are so fiercely loyal to him that it'll probably work which is the sad thing 

25 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'm not quite sure he is doing that.

And even if he was, despite what you can see on FT, I have more faith in fans' sanity and trust that they wouldn't turn like that...

Guest itude
3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Is anyone still Rodgers in?

Yeah, right into the North sea from a great height

Edited by itude