Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I think things would have to get far worse before Top would consider a change. And I certainly can't see anything happening this early in the season.

Lose to Sotton and 30k are baying for blood he's gone.

Top wont want a toxic atmosphere whatever the cost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eskay said:

I was sat about 10 feet from Rudkin and Whelan (plus a couple of other faces I recognise but truly don't know who they are).  It was pretty interesting observing them. A couple of key points I picked out....

When they scored Rudkin sat forward and went bright red .....he didn't sit back for the remainder of the game. 

When the score the second he turned and just starred at the away fans. For a good few minutes. 

At half time everyone belted up the steps....Rudkin held up the whole row whilst he stood and watched all the players walk into the tunnel. 

At full time everyone was applauding whilst he had hands in pocket just looking out. 

Generally he looked really angry if I'm honest. 

....you could conclude that he was waiting for a reaction from the supporters if they would, start singing anti-Rodgers chants!!!

Rudkin probably understands that nothing will happen until the supporters revolt and that would be the cue for Top to act. His looking across at the away supporters would I suspect, have been to gauge their dissatisfaction, and watching the players going down the tunnel at halftime was him looking for dissent with Rodgers or within the team.

It all sounds like someone who wants to pull the trigger but needs outside help to prove his case.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm not quite sure he is doing that.

And even if he was, despite what you can see on FT, I have more faith in fans' sanity and trust that they wouldn't turn like that...

I'm not sure fans would 'turn' on the owners.

However even me an avid Rodgers outer look at the bigger picture and not everything is Rodgers' fault, we need to get rid of Rodgers, it's a key component going in the right direction but it doesn't solve all the problems we have, there are many things wrong with this football club at the moment.

I'm not alluding that to be the owners, but the powers that be within different departments, with different roles and decision making. Questions need asking.

Edited by Matt

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....you could conclude that he was waiting for a reaction from the supporters if they would, start singing anti-Rodgers chants!!!

Rudkin probably understands that nothing will happen until the supporters revolt and that would be the cue for Top to act. His looking across at the away supporters would I suspect, have been to gauge their dissatisfaction, and watching the players going down the tunnel at halftime was him looking for dissent with Rodgers or within the team.

It all sounds like someone who wants to pull the trigger but needs outside help to prove his case.

If Rudkin reads Foxestalk , probably does :ph34r: he can clearly see the level of dissatisfaction.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sorry but if there's no money or willingness to bring players in when we so badly need them then it's not all his fault and the board and owners have to have a long hard look at themselves too.

Rodgers limitations are he's very poor at implementing a back 3, his teams ship so many goals when they do so but without wingers he can't play the only system he is any good with and it's simply unforgivable that this club refuse to invest properly in them. That's not on Rodgers he's asked and asked and asked and they got him Ünder and then Lookman on deadline days and that's been it, you could argue Rodgers is at fault for how he handled Ünder, I'm not happy with his lack of chances but every season the powers that be treat the recruitment of a winger as a last resort when it's always been the priority and not just 1 but 2 or 3.

They can all fcuk right off at the minute. The wages we've been dishing out as well is criminal, heads need to roll.

To play devils advocate, one could argue he should’ve prioritised his signings.

Vesty was he really needed? Just 6 starts

Soumare? 
IF and it’s a big if these were BR signings then there is nowhere to hide with regards to the lack of wingers.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

This is a fair point. Especially your first point. 

Overall the away end felt very quiet. Couldn't hear our fans from where we were sat at all .....apart from the goals of course. 

Just seen the post match interview with Rodgers. He seemed abject and without any answer to the problems staring us all in the face.

I don't think I've seen him so deflated and not expecting anything exciting from the season. Clearly he is feeling thwarted by the prospect of no new signings and may feel his time is up.

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Do you really think we'll lose to Southampton? They are even worse than us. These banker fixtures always come along at the right time for Brendan.

Yes. As I can see the players are fecked off with his tactics.

I've never seen such boring football. So if fans feel like that imagine what the players feel like playing it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

To play devils advocate, one could argue he should’ve prioritised his signings.

Vesty was he really needed? Just 6 starts

Soumare? 
IF and it’s a big if these were BR signings then there is nowhere to hide with regards to the lack of wingers.

Rodgers has said a winger has been a priority EVERY summer he's been here. I think his biggest mistake was pushing for Perez but since then, many of our signings won't be directly governed my him or the order either. He has been very irked by having to wait so long and possibly left with mediocre targets when they have come in out wide.

Anyway, the brutal truth is Brendan is a 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 / 4-1-4-1 with at least 1 out and out winger but ideally 2 in his team. Any other system he's nowhere near as effective with. So we either back him or get rid of him and get a manager who favours 3-4-1-2 because right now we've the worst of both worlds and the momentum and revenue lost will be far more costly than doing what needs to be done NOW.

27 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If Rudkin reads Foxestalk , probably does :ph34r: he can clearly see the level of dissatisfaction.

....it needs to be vocal and at the game!!!

As has previously been said, there are posters who have not bought into the Brendan out and are now questioning his tenure. We may be disgruntled on FoxesTalk but the perception at the ground appears that we are comfortable with the way we are going.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

But we wouldn't be perfect for him. He wouldn't come here with us not in Europe.

I think you'd be surprised. He'd be aware that we have some real quality players in the squad, a world class training ground to help him turn his team into perhaps another Europa League winner, and a chance next summer to really make his mark on the squad. He might also fancy another go in the Premier League, with the wages to go with it.

Despite everything, we still have a fantastic project to sell, and Emery is the one to oversee that project for me because he has done it before with clubs of similar stature to ourselves. If I was Top, I'd go all out for him. 

I've wanted him gone for like 18 months. I think most of knew deep down the guys a con man. I accept though we had to give him time due to having gone on some runs, fluked the cups and his big contract too. But no one can seriously say he can turn things around.  He's been found out. Very flawed manager. And hopefully he will never get a big job again. This no signings is surely as the owners knew he was as good as a dead man walking and save for a miracle it would be better to keep the investment for the next guy.