Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

31 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

To play devils advocate, one could argue he should’ve prioritised his signings.

Vesty was he really needed? Just 6 starts

Soumare? 
IF and it’s a big if these were BR signings then there is nowhere to hide with regards to the lack of wingers.

We should have signed Lookman

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

I think the majority of fans can see past his bullshit.

I hope so but the mere fact he is doing so is disgusting

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sorry but if there's no money or willingness to bring players in when we so badly need them then it's not all his fault and the board and owners have to have a long hard look at themselves too.

Rodgers limitations are he's very poor at implementing a back 3, his teams ship so many goals when they do so but without wingers he can't play the only system he is any good with and it's simply unforgivable that this club refuse to invest properly in them. That's not on Rodgers he's asked and asked and asked and they got him Ünder and then Lookman on deadline days and that's been it, you could argue Rodgers is at fault for how he handled Ünder, I'm not happy with his lack of chances but every season the powers that be treat the recruitment of a winger as a last resort when it's always been the priority and not just 1 but 2 or 3.

They can all fcuk right off at the minute. The wages we've been dishing out as well is criminal, heads need to roll.

the reason we aren't signing players is because we don't have space either in the squad or wage budget for FFP reasons, the players we are trying to oust are all player Rodgers insisted on signing

Boubacar Soumare, signed for £20m+ less than a year ago by Rodgers

Jannick Vestergaard, signed for £15m less than a year ago by Rodgers

Ryan Bertran, currently injured, signed by Rodgers less that a year ago given a 2-year deal when no ne else would offer more than one.

Dennis Praet, signed by Rodgers never given a real run but always performed when he did play, frankly should probably be playing over the wantaway Tielemans.

Ayoze Perez, signed by Rodgers to play right wing despite that not being his position.

Rodgers has been backed more than any other Leicester manager ever but simply put he has been horrendous in transfers.

He is being paid £10m a year but seems incapable of coaching the basics.

• Like 4

Another thing that has stupidly wound me up about the “experience” comment from our “Elite” manager…..hasn’t Rodgers himself said that offers have been made for Fofana?

If so, the fact that he is most likely our most expensive asset with limited experience compared to other players in the team just throw his “experience” BS out of the window.

Any high performing team has a mixture of experience/exuberance.

Stale from top to bottom (I include Rudders in that).

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I hope so but the mere fact he is doing so is disgusting

the reason we aren't signing players is because we don't have space either in the squad or wage budget for FFP reasons, the players we are trying to oust are all player Rodgers insisted on signing

Boubacar Soumare, signed for £20m+ less than a year ago by Rodgers

Jannick Vestergaard, signed for £15m less than a year ago by Rodgers

Ryan Bertran, currently injured, signed by Rodgers less that a year ago given a 2-year deal when no ne else would offer more than one.

Dennis Praet, signed by Rodgers never given a real run but always performed when he did play, frankly should probably be playing over the wantaway Tielemans.

Ayoze Perez, signed by Rodgers to play right wing despite that not being his position.

Rodgers has been backed more than any other Leicester manager ever but simply put he has been horrendous in transfers.

He is being paid £10m a year but seems incapable of coaching the basics.

But this is the situation we are in, if the club genuinely think Rodgers can turn this around with this squad where there are a couple of catastrophic weaknesses then they are morons and wasting everyone's time. Either back him or fcuk him off.

Convenient how all the players who are seen as a failure are down to Rodgers signing them, I personally reckon Praet and Soumare weren't his choice at all. He wanted McGregor and we got Praet and he's never really played him consistently, at every opportunity he's dropped him or ignored him when the team was nose diving out of the Champions League places. Soumare he's barely given a sniff either which would be bizarre for a manager who so badly wanted them. I think the club might be cheesed off for the lack of faith he retains in new players, and it was his cronie Congerton who recruited them too so he's not got much sympathy from me but let's not claim this is all on Rodgers.

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

Rodgers has a narrative and a story to sell. He works wonders with young players, has them punching above their weight on limited resources. He’s then never backed adequately by the clubs he works at which is why things go wrong. Not his fault at all.

He will make the same comments time after time to reinforce that narrative. And the media will lap it up for the reasons others have said - they’re either not interested to dig deeper or they’re incentivised to suck up to him.

Interviews with the media are the manager’s chance to speak to the fans. That’s not how Rodgers sees it though. He sees it as a chance to talk to the media - that’s it. There’s a reason plenty of fans have never really taken to him but of course he lacks the introspection to wonder if it might perhaps be something to do with him.

All this talk of why he should manage a top club and you've outlined the reasons why we are perfect for him and his reputation.

It is slowly starting to turn externally.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Yeah that would have made it all better.

Let's sign a left winger when what we need is a right winger.

Tbf he has just complained he is limited to the formations his team can currently accommodate.

Having one more winger, would make this a little more feasible.

I guess he didn’t expect more injuries to Barnes and Ricardo.

At least on paper with Lookman you had a player to  capable of playing either side, & worst case scenario opposite Perez or Albrighton.

• Like 1

A bit off topic but thought I’d throw in another “sentimental” thing that needs to change.

Has Albrighton got two years left on his contract?

If so, that is up there for some poor business decision making….I have loved seeing Sharky play for us but the fact he’s a winger yet all you hear/read is we have no wingers sums up what poor business sense (AGAIN) we seem to have.

I’m fed up as much as everyone else, I haven’t watched the game today but listened to it when I could. From what I could determine is yet again we have shown glimpses of what we can do but mostly still failing to do the basics right. Seems we only woke up when 2 down as well, which is hugely disappointing. Losing to this Arsenal team isn’t a disaster, but you compound it with the result against Brentford and a lot of last season then you have a right to worry. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Harvey Barnes being out doesn't mandate a back 3 that's him following the current trend, with our attacking and midfield options it screams out for a diamond midfield with attacking full backs

My reply was In response, to the supposed current limitations of the squad not allowing us to play a formation with wingers.

Lookman would’ve gave us a bit more flexibility in that department.

• Like 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

My reply was In response, to the supposed current limitations of the squad not allowing us to play a formation with wingers.

Lookman would’ve gave us a bit more flexibility in that department.

so would calling up Maswanhise and others from the U21s he could play with wingers but for all his rep for bringing on youth he doesn't do it often unless we buy them in

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex

We must keep him for a few weeks, just enough time for Man Utd to sack Eric and then they appoint BR - a match made in heaven

55 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

My first choice would be Unai Emery, he would be perfect for us. 

Not a bad shout. Top class manager, but was eaten alive by the press here for his accent and seemed to lose his confidence. If he felt he still has something to prove in England and was motivated enough I'd be for him being here.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

The experience excuse is quite frankly embarrassing. Can’t wait for him to be sacked. 

Yeah a lot of pointed out, despite the age, we have a lot of experience in the side. He is hiding again, I have tried to understand him and get behind what he wants to do, but things aren’t improving. Seems the same mistakes are happening every game 

Just now, Jaspa said:

Not a bad shout. Top class manager, but was eaten alive by the press here for his accent and seemed to lose his confidence. If he felt he still has something to prove in England and was motivated enough I'd be for him being here.

If you look back at his career, he seems to flourish when managing clubs that aren't traditionally the biggest. Something about Emery managing Leicester just feels right to me, I hope we go for him.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Do you really think we'll lose to Southampton? They are even worse than us. These banker fixtures always come along at the right time for Brendan.

You're aware of the "ever obliging Leicester City" thread, right? 

5 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

If you look back at his career, he seems to flourish when managing clubs that aren't traditionally the biggest. Something about Emery managing Leicester just feels right to me, I hope we go for him.

He would be great for us 

Emery wouldn’t be the worst shout but can imagine the media now….defending the honour of the almighty Rodgers.

“Silly Little Leicester replacing the best thing to ever happen to them with a failed Arsenal manager who speaks funny” 

Can smell the narrative being peddled already.

Def a tough gig for someone who isn’t a media darling.

Edited by SafewayFox