Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

If you look back at his career, he seems to flourish when managing clubs that aren't traditionally the biggest. Something about Emery managing Leicester just feels right to me, I hope we go for him.

He is a manager that has got a good record, I wouldn’t say no to be honest 

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

Emery wouldn’t be the worst shout but can imagine the media now….defending the honour of the almighty Rodgers.

“Silly Little Leicester replacing the best thing to ever happen to them with a failed Arsenal manager who speaks funny” 

Can smell the narrative being peddled already.

Def a tough gig for any non media darling, if you ask me.

The media doesn’t determine how your club perform, we have to do the right thing. 

Emery is a good shout. He's done excellent at Sevilla, Valencia and Villareal.  Did poorly at PSG and average at Arsenal. Emery works his magic at Europa League level clubs.

This is all beginning to feel like something will happen, he is on the brink. I don’t know many people now who actually want him to stay but I personally feel as though he’s still around because of what he has achieved with us.

I’ve been on the “Rodgers Out” side for just over a year, I just want a change as it’s stale and dull.. I’ve lost all the excitement about going to watch Leicester. The constant glaring issues which go unchecked for too long is just a joke, the idiotic decisions made (ala Brentford/fatigue/1-sub saga).

I just want a change, I don’t know who for but I want our club to be brave and bold. World class recruitment (allegedly) where we unearth gems and you’re telling me they couldn’t spot an upcoming “Thomas Frank” or a “Graham Potter”… they must have targets to approach, if they want some fat lad to trawl Football Manager then give me £100k finders fee and I’ll sort it!

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He is a manager that has got a good record, I wouldn’t say no to be honest 

Ohhh, I’m not saying it does.

Just saying how it makes the job a much harder one than it should be.

Imagine how divisive the support is for Rodgers….imagine how the media would so easily divide us as supporters with their lack of love towards Emery from his time at Arsenal.

Whether we like to admit it or not, almost all of us get influenced by the media (main stream or not) to a varying degree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

Ohhh, I’m not saying it does.

Just saying how it makes the job a much harder one than it should be.

Imagine how divisive the support is for Rodgers….imagine how the media would so easily divide us as supporters with their lack of love towards Emery from his time at Arsenal.

Whether we like to admit it or not, almost all of us get influenced by the media (main stream or not) to a varying degree.

Well we went for Ranieri and got crushed by the media, we all know what happened. The media are stuck in their own box and actually don’t have a clue what goes on outside of it 

Rodgers is a coward. Cryptic messages in interviews indicate he isn’t happy. Quit then. Don’t drag us down with you. Alternatively, get on the field and coach the pace into Vestegaard you thought you saw. Honestly, this man should’ve been gone months ago. We are at the the very toxic stage of his management. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

From his interviews, you do get the feeling he genuinely thinks he is above the club. 

Totally! He thinks he is better than us. That’s fine when it’s going well, but when it gets tough his heart is not in it and he won’t fight and dig in. It’s never his fault! We are Leicester, the underdog! Rodgers is a charlatan!!! Get out of our club!!!! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well we went for Ranieri and got crushed by the media, we all know what happened. The media are stuck in their own box and actually don’t have a clue what goes on outside of it 

Agreed.

All I’m saying is….the media (remember Lineker’s infamous tweet about Claudio’s announcement as an example) influence us more than we probably like to admit.

Hence, why I said whoever does takeover will find it very tough as the media would paint Rodgers as our saviour who we’ve tossed to the side, without funding blah, blah.

Long story short, Emery would be good for us, whether he fancied the job is a different story.

However, he would have a tougher gig than when Rodgers came or say we managed to poach the upcoming Potter from Brighton etc.

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Rodgers is a coward. Cryptic messages in interviews indicate he isn’t happy. Quit then. Don’t drag us down with you. Alternatively, get on the field and coach the pace into Vestegaard you thought you saw. Honestly, this man should’ve been gone months ago. We are at the the very toxic stage of his management. 

Totally agree with this, he is now into a self preservation narrative throwing excuses around to make sure he appears to be hamstrung by the club and able to get his next job.  Did the same at celtic albeit different issues. Beginning to despise the guy - moaning and subtle little digs about our squad situation. He’s the manager of the football club so Bertrand Vestergaard Soumaré Perez et al is on him. 

At LFC and Celtic he was tactically found out and has continually been so in Europe and when playing the big boys ….he is a very good manager but has a shelf life and only approach yet someone like Thomas Frank for example has tactical capabilities imo above BR! The bit that irritates me most is his belief or PR that we never existed as winners until he arrived and that I have never heard him take any accountability for anything that goes wrong…..

we clearly cannot play his style of football with 3 at the back with Amartey as he has two left feet and Ndidi who never passes to a blue shirt …yet he persists and today we only looked dangerous when we went 4-3-3…….

i personally believe something has gone on internally and faith is waning …..we may yet see a change but the owners will need to go up a level again imo to continue our development ……not many candidates out there other than Poch but we may be of interest to him as his options are limited if he wants a return to England ..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Walkerfox said:

I genuinely can’t believe it’s taken so long for the majority to want him out. 

He should have been gone well over a year ago. I come on here every day, mostly to just read fellow fans thoughts and I’m so bored of reading after every game how Rodgers either messed up his tactics, failed to make the correct sub, made a change which resulted in lost points etc.

It frustrates me even more when this is followed up with some half hearted defence that mostly just refers to the fact that he has been good in his first few seasons. He was brilliant when he came, and he did brilliantly to get us a cup and some 5th place finishes (really they were bottled 4th place finishes), but his entire time here has been overshadowed by failure and disappointment and I can’t wait for him to go. I just hope it’s soon.

💯 spot on!

11 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yeah a lot of pointed out, despite the age, we have a lot of experience in the side. He is hiding again, I have tried to understand him and get behind what he wants to do, but things aren’t improving. Seems the same mistakes are happening every game 

Well said, but it's not even 'despite the age'. Today's side had an average age of 27.3. It's not young. Our average age was over 27 for most of last season too.

Unless I'm mistaken, today's average was a couple of years older than Arsenal's. This has been the case on various occasions when he's used the 'young / inexperienced side' argument - it's usually in the aftermath of losing to or throwing away a result against a younger opposition.

If he's deliberately lying, then it may be because (a) he's long been pressuring the board to invest in experience, as opposed to developing youth, or (b) he knows that there is no way he can realistically defend what's happened, and thinks that fans and journalists are too stupid to check up on anything he says.

If he's not deliberately lying then (a) he doesn't know his own players' ages and (b) he doesn't know the ages of any other players either.

He inherited a young side for which he was hugely ambitious. It's not changed a great deal as a result of often poor, or slightly older, recruitment which doesn't necessarily give us the sell-ons to which we're accustomed, and because the club went along with his request to avoid a big sale last summer. Maybe we'll sell Fofana and get back on track, but generally speaking we've become a not-so-young side (for which he now appears to be totally unambitious).

If he is going to talk crap, I wish he'd at least sound believable, otherwise it becomes impossible to defend him. He simply becomes someone who did very well with a team someone else put together, but doesn't now, and has developed a habit of speaking rubbish. The funny thing is, that in the end it turns out that the journalists who are paid to give expert appraisal of football games are actually too stupid to check up on anything he says. So I can see now why so many of them look at football forums.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

Well said, but it's not even 'despite the age'. Today's side had an average age of 27.3. It's not young. Our average age was over 27 for most of last season too.

Unless I'm mistaken, today's average was a couple of years older than Arsenal's. This has been the case on various occasions when he's used the 'young / inexperienced side' argument - it's usually in the aftermath of losing to or throwing away a result against a younger opposition.

If he's deliberately lying, then it may be because (a) he's long been pressuring the board to invest in experience, as opposed to developing youth, or (b) he knows that there is no way he can realistically defend what's happened, and thinks that fans and journalists are too stupid to check up on anything he says.

If he's not deliberately lying then (a) he doesn't know his own players' ages and (b) he doesn't know the ages of any other players either.

He inherited a young side for which he was hugely ambitious. It's not changed a great deal as a result of often poor, or slightly older, recruitment which doesn't necessarily give us the sell-ons to which we're accustomed, and because the club went along with his request to avoid a big sale last summer. Maybe we'll sell Fofana and get back on track, but generally speaking we've become a not-so-young side (for which he now appears to be totally unambitious).

If he is going to talk crap, I wish he'd at least sound believable, otherwise it becomes impossible to defend him. He simply becomes someone who did very well with a team someone else put together, but doesn't now, and has developed a habit of speaking rubbish. The funny thing is, that in the end it turns out that the journalists who are paid to give expert appraisal of football games are actually too stupid to check up on anything he says. So I can see now why so many of them look at football forums.

This 100%

2 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

A fine post, and yeah I couldn’t agree more 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Totally agree with this, he is now into a self preservation narrative throwing excuses around to make sure he appears to be hamstrung by the club and able to get his next job.  Did the same at celtic albeit different issues. Beginning to despise the guy - moaning and subtle little digs about our squad situation. He’s the manager of the football club so Bertrand Vestergaard Soumaré Perez et al is on him. 

Coward and a charlatan 

Watching Brentford Corners against ManU… two corner takers, so defenders don’t know if it’s in or out swinging, and some really innovative set pieces. 

you just don’t see anything “off the training ground” anymore from us?? 

• Like 1