Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

35 minutes ago, Koke said:

Marco Rose

Unai Emery

Marcelino

Graham Potter 

Lucien Favre

Favre has just gone to Nice this summer, why would Potter come here with no money, likewise Emery? Marco Rose is probably the best shout but I think he'd be concerned by the pickle we are in.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Favre has just gone to Nice this summer, why would Potter come here with no money, likewise Emery? Marco Rose is probably the best shout but I think he'd be concerned by the pickle we are in.

Why would they come here? There’s 10 million reasons why every year.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't even know why I'm saying Arne Slot in a response to you as I know you're on board. After his whole AZ to Feyenoord drama he'd definitely be gettable, can't imagine he'd cost a load either

16 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

From his interviews, you do get the feeling he genuinely thinks he is above the club. 

He said with regard to being mid-table that, until he turned up, we were down in 12th and couldn't dream of competing for Europe. He skips the part where we finished 9th the season before that, and won the league (unlike any of his vastly better-funded outfits here or elsewhere) a couple of years earlier. And reached the Champions League quarters in between. He also skips the part where he achieved that improvement with players which he overwhelmingly didn't assemble.

He also pointed out last season that 8th was our - I can't remember - joint ninth(?) best ever finish. Again, he misses out the fact that some of our serving players had outdone that. None of the Orr, Gillies, Bloomfield, O'Neill and Ranieri teams which matched or bettered 8th were anywhere near as expensive as his Leicester. None of them had enjoyed much previous success either. 

He deserves serious praise for taking a young side with some league-winning experience, and improving on its recent finishes. And I agree that away losses to Arsenal, and 8th place finishes in an injury-riddled season, aren't enough for a club with our financial limitations to be looking elsewhere. Not in isolation, anyway. Clubs outperform their outlay all the time, but we've gone further, and more often, than most of our peers. But the truth is that we've done that with Rodgers, and - to an even greater extent - without him, and if he wants to start talking about where his team stands in the pantheon of Leicester teams, then he should remember that those teams that did better than him were also outperforming their investment. Even more so.

This growing feeling that he might not be the man to take us forward isn't helped by the suspicion that he's downplaying expectations not because the team need him to downplay expectations (if that were the case he wouldn't be telling his squad that it isn't good enough), but rather because Brendan needs Brendan to downplay expectations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Why would they come here? There’s 10 million reasons why every year.

And you really think given our financial predicament that we are going to pay £15m to get rid of Rodgers who's one of the reasons why have a wage budget too high and then pay another manager £10m a year? 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And you really think given our financial predicament that we are going to pay £15m to get rid of Rodgers who's one of the reasons why have a wage budget too high and then pay another manager £10m a year? 

I can’t see us spending half that on a new managers salary given the new regulations.

“Cost control and the squad cost rule

The new regulations will see clubs subject to squad cost controls for the first time. The cost control rule restricts spending on player and coach wages, transfers, and agent fees to 70% of club revenues”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No but I’m saying that we are currently.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We don’t have to pay £15m, that’s a completely bogus figure. 

22 minutes ago, Daggers said:

We don’t have to pay £15m, that’s a completely bogus figure. 

To sack a manager is usually the same as the release clause, which I'm led to believe in Rodgers case is £14m, so throw in another million to pay his coaches off.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/arlowhite/status/1558575485881405440

Just look at that £10m a year coaching - the back five includes PL winner Evans. World Record Fofana. And three other internationals (not including the goalkeeper). The manager needs to go but honestly, some of these players need to **** off too. 

Christ almighty

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To sack a manager is usually the same as the release clause, which I'm led to believe in Rodgers case is £14m, so throw in another million to pay his coaches off.

And all I’ll say is that figure is nothing but pure speculation. I’m bored of repeating the same fact about manager’s contracts. 

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

And all I’ll say is that figure is nothing but pure speculation. I’m bored of repeating the same fact about manager’s contracts. 

Never read your repeated post, this is new to me as I'm repeatedly telling others that we don't owe Brendan x 3 lots of £10m if we sacked him now, it's usually the amount it would cost another club to activate his release clause, what we did when we got him from Celtic and why we panicked and offered him this sickening contract when he announced he'd got a release clause when Arsenal first came sniffing. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/arlowhite/status/1558575485881405440

Just look at that £10m a year coaching - the back five includes PL winner Evans. World Record Fofana. And three other internationals (not including the goalkeeper). The manager needs to go but honestly, some of these players need to **** off too. 

Fantastic. One centre back playing the offside trap while the rest of the defence rush back to prevent it... This is schoolboy level defending, zero communication or organisation 

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

its the remainder of their contract, unless there is a clause for it to be less