Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

24 minutes ago, Daggers said:

And all I’ll say is that figure is nothing but pure speculation. I’m bored of repeating the same fact about manager’s contracts. 

This is a good point actually. It's probably one of your posts where I read this anyway but doesn't a sacked manager get 6-12 months pay and not the remainder of the contract? Isn't it a common misconception that it's the rest of the contract? In which case we're looking at more like £5m.

Leeds had a 2-goal lead pegged back, just like we did against Brentford.  Sucks.  Compare what their manager said to what ours did, and what it says about personal accountability.

Probably, if I could do it again, I would have made the changes I made with Klich and Luis earlier and then maybe we could have controlled things a little bit but I also thought if we played effectively with five in the back, we could have shut the match down.

This is the hardest part for me of being a manager, last week we made some changes and it really helped the game. This week, we tried a few different things and we brought guys in and you know what was the tiny timing and how could we have helped more? That's always the first question I asked myself, how can I how can I help the guys as much as possible to get the job done?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

More often or not there is, unless the remainder of the contract is less than the release....

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

No it isn’t. You are absolutely, completely wrong. 

Unless anyone has read the contract I can't see how anyone can know anything, 

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

No it isn’t. You are absolutely, completely wrong. 

Is he? That's probably right, there's generally a clause that states the manager will receive 12 months of their salary at most if they are sacked before the end of the contract. Whether Rudkin would have been that switched on, who knows 

Not sure if this is an inside joke or anything, but if it's sincere. I thi k youre probably completely wrong.

8 hours ago, Phenom said:

Why would they come here? There’s 10 million reasons why every year.

With Potter he has an owner giving him the funding he wants, freedom to manage and for a next move he will probably have eyes on a top6 club/ England. So he would be difficult to get - and their owner would work to frustrate any approach.

With Emery he will be difficult to get out of Spain given how this reign at Arsenal finished.

when we do bin Rodgers we have to be careful we aren’t getting the wrong type / only interested in the cash.

• Like 1

I'm so sick of the stupid press conference answers Rodgers gives.

Does he not realise that he's tried to mislead the fans so much, no one believes a word he says.

My last straw was against Brentford. How can you complain the team looked exhausted and not put the rest of your 4 subs on.

The man's an idiot!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Smudge said:

Here's a question. Which club would hire Rodgers away from us right now and moreover pay him anything like his current salary? 

It's one thing what the media fanboys think, possibly quite another what chairman with money do. 

If some still claim that our 2016 win came through NP (I believe that we could have only done it with Ranieri), then what can we say about Rodgers. The nucleus of players is virtually inherited, he's added very little of value for me. 

• Like 2

Anyone else woken up angrier than yesterday?

From 5 ATB someone please name MULTIPLE games where that has worked.

To his “lack of experience” BS when the average age of the starting 11 was 27.

I’m genuinely wishing this season away already….we can “revert back to norm” which is what Lineker described our transition but doing that without a whimper and a lot of BS from our clown of a manager makes it an extremely bitter pill to swallow.

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Leeds had a 2-goal lead pegged back, just like we did against Brentford.  Sucks.  Compare what their manager said to what ours did, and what it says about personal accountability.

This is also coming from a manager with far less credit in the bank than Rodgers. Fair play - this is what accountability and leadership looks like.

This is somebody who knows they’re treated with suspicion in this country but is still prepared to accept they made mistakes. Rodgers has had countless opportunities to be publicly accountable from a position of relative strength and hasn’t done it.

10 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Rodgers and the whole squad contract/rebuild issue is going to end like David Cameron with Brexit.

He'll go and leave someone else to clear up the mess.

So let's not sack him then,  that'll teach him. 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Anyone else woken up angrier than yesterday?

From 5 ATB someone please name MULTIPLE games where that has worked.

To his “lack of experience” BS when the average age of the starting 11 was 27.

I’m genuinely wishing this season away already….we can “revert back to norm” which is what Lineker described our transition but doing that without a whimper and a lot of BS from our clown of a manager makes it an extremely bitter pill to swallow.

Arguably playing 5 at the back and starting Kel two seasons back was a success, one that relieved pressure on Rodgers. Looking back, we’ve been on a downward trend since the start of that season, cup run aside. 

Probably posted the same thing last night but I'll do it again.

Those post match comments are a disgrace, yet again. Goes the summer saying how "Ward is a number 1" and "Praet is a key member of the squad", then throws them under the bus at the first chance to try and save his own skin. 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Probably posted the same thing last night but I'll do it again.

Those post match comments are a disgrace, yet again. Goes the summer saying how "Ward is a number 1" and "Praet is a key member of the squad", then throws them under the bus at the first chance to try and save his own skin. 

Which media, I only seen MOTD post match.