Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 hours ago, Walkerfox said:

I genuinely can’t believe it’s taken so long for the majority to want him out. 

He should have been gone well over a year ago. I come on here every day, mostly to just read fellow fans thoughts and I’m so bored of reading after every game how Rodgers either messed up his tactics, failed to make the correct sub, made a change which resulted in lost points etc.

It frustrates me even more when this is followed up with some half hearted defence that mostly just refers to the fact that he has been good in his first few seasons. He was brilliant when he came, and he did brilliantly to get us a cup and some 5th place finishes (really they were bottled 4th place finishes), but his entire time here has been overshadowed by failure and disappointment and I can’t wait for him to go. I just hope it’s soon.

:appl:

If we aren't going to be signing anyone, then we at least need somebody that will utilise the squad that he's got to work with. There are several members of the squad that Rodgers simply refuses to acknowledge, that's a poor way to manage a club that can't sign anyone. Why is Soyuncu not in ahead of Amartey? Why is Tielemans or Ndidi undroppable? Why are we playing a holding midfielder when we have Iheanacho? Why is Danny Ward trusted to be our number one when he's clearly not good enough? Why do we continue with a tactic that doesn't suit us game after game? 

There is literally nothing exciting about being a Leicester fan right now, we can't sign the players we need in the positions we need, the style of football we play is just ugly and boring, and the manager is a complete doofus. 

Getting a new manager in that will get us back to playing fast, direct, high press football is what we need. 

Edited by 4everfox

11 hours ago, Walkerfox said:

I genuinely can’t believe it’s taken so long for the majority to want him out. 

He should have been gone well over a year ago. I come on here every day, mostly to just read fellow fans thoughts and I’m so bored of reading after every game how Rodgers either messed up his tactics, failed to make the correct sub, made a change which resulted in lost points etc.

It frustrates me even more when this is followed up with some half hearted defence that mostly just refers to the fact that he has been good in his first few seasons. He was brilliant when he came, and he did brilliantly to get us a cup and some 5th place finishes (really they were bottled 4th place finishes), but his entire time here has been overshadowed by failure and disappointment and I can’t wait for him to go. I just hope it’s soon.

Over a year ago,  when he'd just won the cup, charity shield and qualified us for Europe for the second year running? You would have sacked him then? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

If we aren't going to be signing anyone, then we at least need somebody that will utilise the squad that he's got to work with. There are several members of the squad that Rodgers simply refuses to acknowledge, that's a poor way to manage a club that can't sign anyone. Why is Soyuncu not in ahead of Amartey? Why is Tielemans or Ndidi undroppable? Why are we playing a holding midfielder when we have Iheanacho? Why is Danny Ward trusted to be our number one when he's clearly not good enough? Why do we continue with a tactic that doesn't suit us game after game? 

There is literally nothing exciting about being a Leicester fan right now, we can't sign the players we need in the positions we need, the style of football we play is just ugly and boring, and the manager is a complete doofus. 

Getting a new manager in that will get us back to playing fast, direct, high press football is what we need. 

Always thought he was weird with player selections, used to play Perez every week when he was awful, then he got sent off against WHU and we didn't see him again for 3 months.

Froze Praet out when he'd have been a decent squad addition IMO.

Cags should start against Amartey really now after the last 2 games.

Feels like Rodgers has fell out with or doesn't rate half the squad, it's only going to get worse from here.

19 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I don’t suppose Albo was too chuffed when Rogers said ‘we don’t have any wingers’.

Leaders set the tone in any organisation, and Rogers has sounded utterly downbeat, miserable and negative thus far. Pretty much behaving like a sulking child

To be fair, he has a point here. This is a failure of the club on a major level. We have one realistic winger option in Harvey....one. Maybe Perez at a push but he plays inside and doesn't offer much in terms of width. Marc cannot play 90 mins anymore and after that, who have we got? From this perspective, I can see why he has the hump, even if I disagree with the fact that he is so public in his dissatisfaction. It does massively limit our options, particularly when it comes to chasing games. You don't have to be a particularly smart manager to see we have no wingers, therefore if you stop our fullbacks then we literally have no threat from out wide and we become easier to defend against. Factor in that Riccy P is crocked and Thomas struggles as a wingback, the lack of options is stark.

I don't agree with his approach (and it drives me mad that he won't change it) but I can partly understand why he plays 3 at the back when there's no orthodox wingers available, the width has to come from the fullbacks and so a back 4 becomes problematic as the two CBs become very exposed. Maybe the answer is to start with a 4 and have Wilf drop back in to support the 2 CBs when the fullbacks go forward. 

I still think we might have reached the end of the road with Brendan but I do sympathise with him in this regard and I would say the club have failed miserably by failing to recruit at least one quality winger when we've been crying out for one for 3 seasons.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Over a year ago,  when he'd just won the cup, charity shield and qualified us for Europe for the second year running? You would have sacked him then? 

I’d have sacked him before that. We were awful in the run up to the cup final but that was conveniently forgotten about and seems to have bought him an entire year, seemingly more.

Obviously you could say with hindsight that had he gone we may not have won that final, but personally, my patience had already started to wear thin. The cup win would have won me over had it not been instantly followed by a dull season filled with boring games and a pathetic European campaign. 

• Like 2

Just now, Walkerfox said:

I’d have sacked him before that. We were awful in the run up to the cup final but that was conveniently forgotten about and seems to have bought him an entire year, seemingly more.

Obviously you could say with hindsight that had he gone we may not have won that final, but personally, my patience had already started to wear thin. The cup win would have won me over had it not been instantly followed by a dull season filled with boring games and a pathetic European campaign. 

Can I just ask you what you expect our next manager to achieve, in terms of trophies and finishing positions? 

2 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Of all the managers currently out of work, Marco Rose is best suited to us, despite not having Premier League experience, but neither did Guardiola or Klopp. He favours a 442 diamond, and plays a fast, aggressive style of football. Just what we need. How we could look under his management:

Goalkeeper

Castagne Fofana Evans Justin

Ndidi 

Tielemans Dewsbury-Hall 

Maddison 

Vardy Iheanacho 

Looks good to me, Tielemans still not worth his place in the team though, needs benching badly. Think he's being played out of habit and being a Rodger's favourite which is a particular flaw of his.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Of all the managers currently out of work, Marco Rose is best suited to us, despite not having Premier League experience, but neither did Guardiola or Klopp. He favours a 442 diamond, and plays a fast, aggressive style of football. Just what we need. How we could look under his management:

Goalkeeper

Ndidi 

Tielemans Dewsbury-Hall 

Maddison 

Vardy Iheanacho 

Not bad. But please bench Tielemans, he’s not good in the diamond. Praet or even Soumare if he sticks around, would be better as the RCM in this formation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Goalkeeper

Ndidi 

Tielemans Dewsbury-Hall 

Maddison 

Vardy Iheanacho 

I'm far from being any sort of expert but I like the sound of him too.

But what do I KNOW!!

24 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Yep

He needed to get after Warsaw away 

Might seem dramatic but literally EVERY reason I gave back then has come true now

• Like 3

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Looks good to me, Tielemans still not worth his place in the team though, needs benching badly. Think he's being played out of habit and being a Rodger's favourite which is a particular flaw of his.

I put him in on the assumption that Rose would sort him out, but you are right. We can always put Praet there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yep

He needed to get after Warsaw away 

Might seem dramatic but literally EVERY reason I gave back then has come true now

In that case I'll ask you this as well. 

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Can I just ask you what you expect our next manager to achieve, in terms of trophies and finishing positions? 

Just now, Webbo said:

In that case I'll ask you this as well. 

It’s absolutely nothing to do with position. It’s everything to do with who the person is in charge, and his football style (not referring to yesterday because 1. I didn’t watch nor have I seen the highlights. 2. We were always going to lose 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I’d expect us to be pushing for that Europa conference league place at a minimum. Ok, we were 8th last season but we crawled there and never looked like finishing any higher.

I think my frustration mainly comes from the fact that when BR came in, he did really well and we looked fantastic. Even finishing 5th instead of 4th it seemed like we were on the way up. We’d done fantastically in the league, we’d just moved into one of the best training facilities in the world, we had a European campaign to look forward to and we were all excited for what’s to come. Now, he rolls out the same stale team over and over again with the same tactics and us fans say the same things over and over again and all that excitement is gone. I know there’s obviously other factors involved but Brendan has had a huge part to play in this with his frankly incompetent managing of the squad. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s absolutely nothing to do with position. It’s everything to do with who the person is in charge, and his football style (not referring to yesterday because 1. I didn’t watch nor have I seen the highlights. 2. We were always going to lose 

So presumably, you be happy to finish lower and by implication lose more games? 

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s absolutely nothing to do with position

It definitely becomes that if we start playing well but not getting the results. 

The narrative will most definitely change to that of needing to finish higher to challenge for Europe if we're hovering around 10th or lower for instance.