Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

To be fair, he has a point here. This is a failure of the club on a major level. We have one realistic winger option in Harvey....one. Maybe Perez at a push but he plays inside and doesn't offer much in terms of width. Marc cannot play 90 mins anymore and after that, who have we got? From this perspective, I can see why he has the hump, even if I disagree with the fact that he is so public in his dissatisfaction. It does massively limit our options, particularly when it comes to chasing games. You don't have to be a particularly smart manager to see we have no wingers, therefore if you stop our fullbacks then we literally have no threat from out wide and we become easier to defend against.

I don't agree with his approach (and it drives me mad that he won't change it) but I can partly understand why he plays 3 at the back when there's no orthodox wingers available, the width has to come from the fullbacks and so a back 4 becomes problematic as the two CBs become very exposed. Maybe the answer is to start with a 4 and have Wilf drop back in to support the 2 CBs when the fullbacks go forward. 

I still think we might have reached the end of the road with Brendan but I do sympathise with him in this regard and I would say the club have failed miserably by failing to recruit at least one quality winger when we've been crying out for one for 3 seasons.

For the time being though, the answer is pretty bloody simple for Rodgers the big whiny spoilt child. If you haven't got wingers, choose one of a number of formations that doesn't need them, preferably a system that's good for the players that you've actually got, not one's you imagine you've got and bloody get on with it and earn your corn.

What a whiny very limited little empty head he really is. If you were a player listening to him passing the book all the time you've certainly got to see through him by now and be fairly sick of the sight of him day in day out. His utter utter drivel must bore the bollocks off them! We only have to listen once a week and that's frustrating enough. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So presumably, you be happy to finish lower and by implication lose more games? 

I want a manager who plays attractive football, and who takes the flak when he needs to. I want a manager who I like and who gets me wanting to go the football again to watch my team play. 

I’ve not been to a league game since January and I’m currently not missing it in the slightest. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I want a manager who plays attractive football, and who takes the flak when he needs to. I want a manager who I like and who gets me wanting to go the football again to watch my team play. 

I’ve not been to a league game since January and I’m currently not missing it in the slightest. 

In terms of goals scored we're 5th or 6th this year. 

10 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I put him in on the assumption that Rose would sort him out, but you are right. We can always put Praet there. 

Praet or Soumare worthy of a start for me. Both had a decent pre-season, both left out. If you were them you'd rightly think what's the point when the man ahead of you isn't performing. 

2 minutes ago, Nickaj said:

I'm far from being any sort of expert but I like the sound of him too.

But what do I KNOW!!

He's been a success wherever he has been. 

RB Salzburg:

Won the league both seasons he was there, got them to Europa League semi final and quarter final respectively. 

Borussia Monchengladbach:

Got them into the Champions League. 

Borussia Dortmund:

Finished runners-up as expected. 

In terms of signings he has made, he is the one who signed Haaland and Daka for Salzburg. 

Just now, 4everfox said:

He's been a success wherever he has been. 

RB Salzburg:

Won the league both seasons he was there, got them to Europa League semi final and quarter final respectively. 

Borussia Monchengladbach:

Got them into the Champions League. 

Borussia Dortmund:

Finished runners-up as expected. 

In terms of signings he has made, he is the one who signed Haaland and Daka for Salzburg. 

Just to note I think Salzburg and their recruitment is happening regardless of who the manager is

• Like 1

I want a manager that looks like he gives a damn.

I want a manager that can adapt his style (yes BR has changed personal, formations, but never his style) especially in matches where his style clearly isn't working

I want a manager who make his players work - this lot appear to have poor work rate on the pitch

I want a manager that will fix the repeated issues we have (Corners, knowing when to stay switched on)

I want a manager who is not BR

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Le Renard said:

Trust with what?

the plannnnnnnnnn. im just trying to promote some positivity cause everyone is so damn miserable. I blame the club not dealing with the squad issue and the players not being good enough on the day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

It’s the way we deal with having no wingers that’s annoyed me.

Look at Brentford, TWO STRIKERS! That’s the way most 3 at the back teams play, it’s almost like he’s had to switch to a back three and decided to come up with his own shite formation that suits no one in the team lol 

Just play 3-5-2. Not hard is it! We’ve got three bloody strikers! 

Any 2 of Albrighton, Praet, Perez or even Maddison on the wings is probably a better option than a back 3. Not brilliant, but I don’t buy this idea Brendan needs to switch to that awful formation.

To be honest though, what we should have done is build around a 2 striker system after Iheanacho had that incredible season. He did enough to keep his place in the team. He was top 5 in some crazy stat (goals per game I think it was?), up there with Lewandowski, Ronaldo, etc. And he gets benched lol!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Of all the managers currently out of work, Marco Rose is best suited to us, despite not having Premier League experience, but neither did Guardiola or Klopp. He favours a 442 diamond, and plays a fast, aggressive style of football. Just what we need. How we could look under his management:

Goalkeeper

Castagne Fofana Evans Justin

Ndidi 

Tielemans Dewsbury-Hall 

Maddison 

Vardy Iheanacho 

Not done my research, but I remember how well he made his RB Salzburg team, especially in Europe, but bringing that German way of playing football to Leicester is something I'd love to see with this squad. Despite losing Haaland for a lot of the season and against a superior Bayern, he still finished second I think he's worth a punt to refresh the squad environment a bit, if we felt Rodgers has hit the end of his tenure.

2 minutes ago, FoxesCJ30 said:

Not done my research, but I remember how well he made his RB Salzburg team, especially in Europe, but bringing that German way of playing football to Leicester is something I'd love to see with this squad. Despite losing Haaland for a lot of the season and against a superior Bayern, he still finished second I think he's worth a punt to refresh the squad environment a bit, if we felt Rodgers has hit the end of his tenure.

If we can't get Emery, then Rose would be my top choice. Make it happen Leicester before someone else takes him 

7 minutes ago, Simoken said:

the plannnnnnnnnn. im just trying to promote some positivity cause everyone is so damn miserable. I blame the club not dealing with the squad issue and the players not being good enough on the day.

I hope there is a plan, but it doesn't feel like that at the moment.  I have been a fence sitter for the last year, the wait and see approach, but I just think the vibe from the team, manager and maybe the club doesn't feel like it is positive. It could be just a perception and in fact in reality everything is hunky dory, but with the club not releasing transfer funds and players maybe looking to move, then it just feeds the narrative that all is not well on board HMS Foxes.

Edited by Le Renard

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Biggest worry for me is the narrative from him and the players of we need to look after the ball better.

When actual we need to be better when we don't have the ball, better shape, knowing when to press etc 

Its the same after every draw or loss.

Reminds me of Rob Kelly when he always used to say "we'll redouble our efforts on the training ground this week" :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Praet or Soumare worthy of a start for me. Both had a decent pre-season, both left out. If you were them you'd rightly think what's the point when the man ahead of you isn't performing. 

Praet was awful when he came on and Soumare is basically useless. We need to sell both of them and hopefully get someone with a bit more aggression/commitment. Those two never seem to show any

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I can tell you what I expect. If that helps. 

A manager who respect us. Doesn’t come out with comments which demean us as a football club and then tells how great football clubs like Brentford and Brighton are.

A manager who manages the players he has. For unbeknown reasons decent/good players are sidelined from the squad. Despite those players playing key roles in our recent successes (Kel for example). 

A manager who doesn’t use us as an experiment. Having ideas and skills to accept when something goes wrong - the “fix” may not always work but essentially giving up on style because someone is injured isn’t management for the salary he is on. Stick him on Thomas Franks salary, this would be more acceptable. 

A manager who lets those who are better prepared and more intelligent in certain areas to do their job. Recruitment, medical, fitness etc. our recruitment, medical and fitness has gone down the pan since he’s joined - we can all argue whose fault it is but it’s on his watch. 

A manager who sets us up in a way that means we do the basics right. Defend a corner. Defend. Counter attack. Attack. Etc. more often than not, in recent times (the last 18 months or so), we just don’t do the basics right. 

A manager who takes some pride in being manager of Leicester City. Yes, we are not Liverpool or Arsenal but it’s still a bloody good job. O’Neil, Pearson, Ranieri, Little wouldn’t say half the stuff Brendan alludes to. I get the feeling that if we got relegated he would come out with something like: “I’m glad we’ve got Leicester city back where they belong. To go up against a real heavyweight club like Preston will be a privilege for these players and fans”. 

The relationship is now toxic. If we get some pride back under some real direction the league position and trophies will take care of themselves. At the moment, we simply don’t compete.

But what about trophies and position? Nobody has actually answered that yet. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Webbo said:

But what about trophies and position? Nobody has actually answered that yet. 

I don’t think as a club we have a right (yet) as fans to determine what position we should finish or how many cups we should win. 

What I do know is for the last 18 months, I have a dread to watch us sometimes because I know there will be something that makes me either frustrated or angry. Like I said, we get the other points right, this club and it’s fans will back the guy in charge. Telling us to be appreciative for being on the Brendan train when we can’t defend a corner is not going to get us there. 

• Like 2