Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

It’s clear that Brendan is a talented coach and a talented manager. But I genuinely believe his loyalties are elsewhere. 

Personally, I felt like he thought he would land the spurs job last season, his attitude and demeanour suddenly changed when spurs changed manager.  He got a little more aggy, started to say some really bizarre things, almost showed a lack of interest at times I thought. 

Something clearly isn’t right between the manager and the club. Whatever that is I don’t know, but things aren’t rosey. Something definitely happened last season when that news broke of him potentially being sacked. 

I think he is walking a tightrope. There’s a huge game against Southampton, may be a case of the survival of the fittest, we lose that, and Brendan can start to feel really uncomfortable.

Edited by Pliskin

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t think as a club we have a right (yet) as fans to determine what position we should finish or how many cups we should win. 

What I do know is for the last 18 months, I have a dread to watch us sometimes because I know there will be something that makes me either frustrated or angry. Like I said, we get the other points right, this club and it’s fans will back the guy in charge. Telling us to be appreciative for being on the Brendan train when we can’t defend a corner is not going to get us there. 

But I like us qualifying for Europe.  I'd waited for all my life to win the cup. I'd rather have that than a manager who calls journalists ostriches. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

But what about trophies and position? Nobody has actually answered that yet. 

In and around the top six, being competitive with the clubs in that area of the table. Sick of Brendans excuses about not being able to compete with them when we have proven that we are capable of doing so. The only teams that we should expect to finish above us this season are; Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham. We are more than good enough to finish above the rest if we are at our best. 

Edit: I don't expect us to win trophies season after season, just to be competitive. A trophy every few years, a cup final or semi final here and there and I'm happy. 

Edited by 4everfox

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I can tell you what I expect. If that helps. 

A manager who respect us. Doesn’t come out with comments which demean us as a football club and then tells how great football clubs like Brentford and Brighton are.

A manager who manages the players he has. For unbeknown reasons decent/good players are sidelined from the squad. Despite those players playing key roles in our recent successes (Kel for example). 

A manager who doesn’t use us as an experiment. Having ideas and skills to accept when something goes wrong - the “fix” may not always work but essentially giving up on style because someone is injured isn’t management for the salary he is on. Stick him on Thomas Franks salary, this would be more acceptable. 

A manager who lets those who are better prepared and more intelligent in certain areas to do their job. Recruitment, medical, fitness etc. our recruitment, medical and fitness has gone down the pan since he’s joined - we can all argue whose fault it is but it’s on his watch. 

A manager who sets us up in a way that means we do the basics right. Defend a corner. Defend. Counter attack. Attack. Etc. more often than not, in recent times (the last 18 months or so), we just don’t do the basics right. 

A manager who takes some pride in being manager of Leicester City. Yes, we are not Liverpool or Arsenal but it’s still a bloody good job. O’Neil, Pearson, Ranieri, Little wouldn’t say half the stuff Brendan alludes to. I get the feeling that if we got relegated he would come out with something like: “I’m glad we’ve got Leicester city back where they belong. To go up against a real heavyweight club like Preston will be a privilege for these players and fans”. 

The relationship is now toxic. If we get some pride back under some real direction the league position and trophies will take care of themselves. At the moment, we simply don’t compete.

Agreed he’s always bored me with his interviews. He says the right thing for the ‘media’ but as a fan within 1 minute you realised he’s talking rubbish it’s meaningless. Unfortunately, to quote a great man, he has ‘Delusions of Grandeur’ regarding his own ability as a manager.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

But I like us qualifying for Europe.  I'd waited for all my life to win the cup. I'd rather have that than a manager who calls journalists ostriches. 

But that's in the past isn't it? Would you still be saying this if Rodgers gets us relegated?

The Rodgers of 20 months ago is not the Rodgers we're seeing today, week in week out.

None of us are taking those achievements away from him, he's made our dreams come true, but we're playing crap most of the time now, we're not creating chances, we're outperforming our xG massively, he's on huge wages, he's coming out with stupid comments after every game that make no logical sense, I could go on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So here’s a question ….can you see Rodgers getting us that glory again?

Right now, the form/performance of our club is only going in one direction.

Addressing the slump with change is my number one priority when think of Rodgers’ future with us.

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s clear that Brendan is a talented coach and a talented manager. But I genuinely believe his loyalties are elsewhere. 

Personally, I felt like he thought he would land the spurs job last season, his attitude and demeanour suddenly changed when spurs changed manager.  He got a little more aggy, started to say some really bizarre things, almost showed a lack of interest at times I thought. 

Something clearly isn’t right between the manager and the club. Whatever that is I don’t know, but things aren’t rosey. Something definitely happened last season when that news broke of him potentially being sacked. 

I think he is walking a tightrope. There’s a huge game against Southampton, may be a case of the survival of the fittest, we lose that, and Brendan can start to feel really uncomfortable.

I think managing us is a tougher job than he realised. He took on a very talented side that imo were always capable to challenge the top 6, what he hadn't reckoned with is we're Leicester City, getting top players here is near on impossible and fending off the vultures and keeping players content the same. 

I'm no Rodgers fan and would have liked a change end of last season but he now is tasked with managing an unsettled squad, sub standard players in the first 11 and no transfer budget. I'm not sure he thought this is where he'd be at when he took the job.

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I think managing us is a tougher job than he realised. He took on a very talented side that imo were always capable to challenge the top 6, what he hadn't reckoned with is we're Leicester City, getting top players here is near on impossible and fending off the vultures and keeping players content the same. 

I'm no Rodgers fan and would have liked a change end of last season but he now is tasked with managing an unsettled squad, sub standard players in the first 11 and no transfer budget. I'm not sure he thought this is where he'd be at when he took the job.

Make no mistake about it, our squad is an absolute shambles. By my count, there are 13 players who are A, good enough and B, have more than a year left on their contract. The rest are either below par or have one foot out the door. 

22 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I can tell you what I expect. If that helps. 

A manager who respect us. Doesn’t come out with comments which demean us as a football club and then tells how great football clubs like Brentford and Brighton are.

A manager who manages the players he has. For unbeknown reasons decent/good players are sidelined from the squad. Despite those players playing key roles in our recent successes (Kel for example). 

A manager who doesn’t use us as an experiment. Having ideas and skills to accept when something goes wrong - the “fix” may not always work but essentially giving up on style because someone is injured isn’t management for the salary he is on. Stick him on Thomas Franks salary, this would be more acceptable. 

A manager who lets those who are better prepared and more intelligent in certain areas to do their job. Recruitment, medical, fitness etc. our recruitment, medical and fitness has gone down the pan since he’s joined - we can all argue whose fault it is but it’s on his watch. 

A manager who sets us up in a way that means we do the basics right. Defend a corner. Defend. Counter attack. Attack. Etc. more often than not, in recent times (the last 18 months or so), we just don’t do the basics right. 

A manager who takes some pride in being manager of Leicester City. Yes, we are not Liverpool or Arsenal but it’s still a bloody good job. O’Neil, Pearson, Ranieri, Little wouldn’t say half the stuff Brendan alludes to. I get the feeling that if we got relegated he would come out with something like: “I’m glad we’ve got Leicester city back where they belong. To go up against a real heavyweight club like Preston will be a privilege for these players and fans”. 

The relationship is now toxic. If we get some pride back under some real direction the league position and trophies will take care of themselves. At the moment, we simply don’t compete.

Great post and eloquently states the reasons whymany people want him gone 

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

But that's in the past isn't it? Would you still be saying this if Rodgers gets us relegated?

The Rodgers of 20 months ago is not the Rodgers we're seeing today, week in week out.

None of us are taking those achievements away from him, he's made our dreams come true, but we're playing crap most of the time now, we're not creating chances, we're outperforming our xG massively, he's on huge wages, he's coming out with stupid comments after every game that make no logical sense, I could go on.

Of course I wouldn't be saying that if we were relegated, would you be wanting him sacked if he'd just won the league? It's a silly question as neither is going to happen. As for the comments, I watched his interviews I dont recognise what you're saying.  I don't think it matters what he says, people interpret it to suit their agenda. 

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

So here’s a question ….can you see Rodgers getting us that glory again?

Right now, the form/performance of our club is only going in one direction.

Addressing the slump with change is my number one priority when think of Rodgers’ future with us.

The question is,  will somebody else do better, is it possible they'll do worse? 

Guest Kopfkino

I would be interested to see the exact Rodgers quotes that people seem to have such an issue with. Like I don’t understand what he’s said that particularly demeans the football club. 

Don't get me wrong he says some bizarre stuff that winds me up but having watched pretty much every press conference he’s done in the last 2 years that has made it to YouTube some of what people think he says I either can’t remember, didn’t actually happen, are an extreme interpretation of what he said, or I’m just not very sensitive 

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Of course I wouldn't be saying that if we were relegated, would you be wanting him sacked if he'd just won the league? It's a silly question as neither is going to happen. As for the comments, I watched his interviews I dont recognise what you're saying.  I don't think it matters what he says, people interpret it to suit their agenda. 

The question is,  will somebody else do better, is it possible they'll do worse? 

I think the club are already looking to next season, and I think it will be with a new manager, we just need to survive this season. 

43 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

He's been a success wherever he has been. 

RB Salzburg:

Won the league both seasons he was there, got them to Europa League semi final and quarter final respectively. 

Borussia Monchengladbach:

Got them into the Champions League. 

Borussia Dortmund:

Finished runners-up as expected. 

In terms of signings he has made, he is the one who signed Haaland and Daka for Salzburg. 

Dortmund:

Flopped in Europe

Lost in the cup to a 2nd division team

Injury crisis

Defensive issues and conceded a lot of goals

Rose would fit right in lol

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Famous last words, long term injury to Maddison or Evans and we might be in trouble.

As 2 quick examples, last week talking about our players being tired and fatigued, but only making 1 sub? Yesterday talking about an inexperienced squad, it's clearly not, average age of like 27, most players in the team have 2+ EPL seasons under their belt.

Will somebody do better, yes.

Is it possible they'll do worse? Yes, but how much worse can it currently get, only slightly.

Mad that this bloke has got us thankful for achieving 45-50 points at the minute, the squad is much more capable than that and we've seen it first hand.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

In and around the top six, being competitive with the clubs in that area of the table. Sick of Brendans excuses about not being able to compete with them when we have proven that we are capable of doing so. The only teams that we should expect to finish above us this season are; Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham. We are more than good enough to finish above the rest if we are at our best. 

Edit: I don't expect us to win trophies season after season, just to be competitive. A trophy every few years, a cup final or semi final here and there and I'm happy. 

But that’s what we’ve done under Rodgers.

(My head hurts reading this thread.)

• Like 1

Imagine going to the effort to right a well reasoned reply and getting met with the classic black and white Webbo stonewall lol It's got to be frustrating.

I swear you wouldn't leave a burning house unless the fire alarm was going off Webbo haha.

"Well, this house has never been on fire before and I've enjoyed living here. I was told that the fire alarm would go off if there was any danger, so until I hear that I'll stay right here and enjoy my European sofa thank you very much. The smoke coming from under the door could be anything"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

But in the same way, that manager who called the journalist an ostrich also brought us PL football after 10 years. However, he isn’t the right man for the job now. Same as Brendan. He has ran his course and his interviews alone give that indication.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Worse than what though?

You made reference to liking playing in Europe but what has Rodgers done for the past 12 months to inspire you that he’ll get us there again?

The current version of Rodgers/Leicester is a very pale comparison of that exciting side that finished 5th - surely you cannot deny that?

As for fearing change, when Pearson got sacked did anyone think Claudio was an upgrade? The answer for the vast majority was no….however, look how that turned out.

Or a different analogy, you can’t ever leave your job/partner as worry that the next one “may” be worse….it just doesn’t happen like that does it?

Just now, SafewayFox said:

Worse than what though?

Worse than finishing 8th.

We're 2 games into the season, losing to Arsenal is hardly unusual, the dropped points against Brentford was a disappointing but after yesterday's result perhaps we underestimated them a bit? 

4 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

With Potter he has an owner giving him the funding he wants, freedom to manage and for a next move he will probably have eyes on a top6 club/ England. So he would be difficult to get - and their owner would work to frustrate any approach.

With Emery he will be difficult to get out of Spain given how this reign at Arsenal finished.

when we do bin Rodgers we have to be careful we aren’t getting the wrong type / only interested in the cash.

...I really do not believe we will be offering that amount of salary again, to any incoming manager!!!

A double edged sword, when things start to go wrong, you become constrained by a contract and a manager who is too expensive to remove.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

14 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Only for his first two seasons. Since then, it's not been good enough. 

Last season we were still only one place (four points) off the seventh place you say we should finish in and lost a cup quarter final on pens. That’s still competitive.

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Worse than finishing 8th.

We're 2 games into the season, losing to Arsenal is hardly unusual, the dropped points against Brentford was a disappointing but after yesterday's result perhaps we underestimated them a bit? 

I really don’t think people understand how disastrous the last 30 minutes against Brentford were. Nor the inability to shut up shop against Arsenal and not concede twice against Arsenal immediately after scoring. We look a troubled side. Not being able to defend is one of the fundamental reasons a side deemed to good to go down, goes down. 

I think we have immense talent but we currently have a bitter manager, a CB on his way out and one injury away from being a pretty mediocre side. We have major issues.

• Like 2